Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium Planning Application Documents

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

As I understand it, traditionally clubs pay for policing INSIDE the ground but the normal police budget pays for policing OUTSIDE the ground. Also as I understand it, there was a deal between the club and police that the club would provide stewards for the tube station queue, thus allowing the police to reduce the police presence on match days.

I belive Arsenal, as part of the planning permission for the Emirates(?), have to pay for some of the policing outside the ground; so maybe the club are being smart and preparing the ground for the move to the OS where larger crowds should mean more police and there are agreements in place where the club have to pay for the increase?
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

Funny how Man City release images of their updated stadium and include realistic visuals etc................

WHY HAVE WE NOT GOT THESE TYPE OF VIEWS YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/The-Club/Stadium-Future/Design" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I would prefer to have this "Athletics" stadium. :eh:
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote: I would prefer to have this "Athletics" stadium. :eh:
The Ethihad is not an athletics stadium, it was built as a football stadium with a temporary athletics track inserted for the games. There is a huge difference in the two approaches, plus the number of spectators in athletics mode was a hell of a lot less.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Man City dug down and added the lower tier after the common wealth games.
Completely different stadium really!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Those City plans look ****.

Where's the gaps, screened off areas and shared tenants?

It's not as iconic as ours.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

Doc H Ball wrote:Those City plans look ****.

Where's the gaps, screened off areas and shared tenants?

It's not as iconic as ours.
And I want a board who will plough in about a billion quid!
Wembley1966
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 129 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote:Funny how Man City release images of their updated stadium and include realistic visuals etc................

WHY HAVE WE NOT GOT THESE TYPE OF VIEWS YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
These are the type of views that we should be getting. These are 3D design videos of the temporary stands at the Arena Sao Paulo which have yet to be constructed - and the World Cup start in 100 days!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7MqTR6DaxE#t=2m17s
The first bit skipped shows their construction.

The whole of the Olympic Stadium has been laser scanned and digitised for 3D rendering so similar are available.

I did post about making these available to us 3 years ago!!
http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3 ... 0#p2931214
Wembley1966 wrote:Now that the OS has officially been completed by the developers, there will be a complete 3D rendering model of the finished stadium in digital form. For instance just for the roof once in place, the whole structure was laser-scanned to generate a 2 billion-point digital model – from http://www.bdonline.co.uk/buildings/lon ... 49.article.

This means that the whole stadium is able to be viewed through 3D modelling software with HD graphics similar to those used by F1 for circuit driving simulation or for commercial flight simulators. That would enable you to see the exact view from any seat in the stadium and very easily show it with the football pitch in place. In seconds you could measure the the exact distance between any two points - from a specific seat to centre spot, far corner flag, etc. There will be animations - for example showing the human eye viewpoint of someone entering the stadium and walking to their specific seat.

This software will be used to visualise changes that will be made after the games have finished - for example different variations of retractable seating, branding and colour schemes, executive boxes, etc. West Ham would have access to this 3D simulation - it's about time that at least some videos were made available from these renderings showing a more accurate feel for what it will be like watching football there.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1951 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:
And I want a board who will plough in about a billion quid!
Rather than the taxpayer you mean - someone has to pay for it.

The OS cost about 5 times more than the City of Manchester stadium. Which do you think is the better one?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3031 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Mr_Andersonn wrote:And I want a board who will plough in about a billion quid!
Arsenal built their stadium without such a board ......Tottenham may have been happy to share costs on a brand new build on a decent site ...I wonder if we even asked ?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

I don't think you do really.