Where will your seat be ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

WestHamIFC

Re: Where will your seat be ?

Post by WestHamIFC »

In the Lower Tier or down the pub (or maybe watching Dagenham & Redbridge).
JBs Caravan

Post by JBs Caravan »

In my living room on the laptop..there is no way the barrow boys and the accountent are screwing me
For any more money to watch temp signings and freebies
Sooner they go with their 400% mark up the better..
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

cant see myself going much tbh but the games i do go to i'll stand wherever the cheapest tickets are
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

mumbles87 wrote:I would like the club to provide exactly what your suggesting here. A chance to view the area I would be paying to sit in for the season

If managed well by the club the move to the stadium could be done with minimum damage to the traveling faithful (maybe some meetings with the guys over at arsenal wouldnt go a miss to understand how they handled the move)
My brother-in-law is a STH at Arsenal, as I recall for ordinary STHs there were presentations and a chance to view displays - I think there was also a suggestion along the lines of "if you are in block x we suggest we move you to block y". As he is in a wheelchair I believe he was allowed to visit the ground before picking his "seat". I keep meaning to ask him again so I will and then post up the details.

It is worth noting that the Emirates lower tier is cheaper than the upper tier, will Brady continue to copy Arsenal?
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

WestHamAlways wrote:Interesting to see a layout at last. I hope the season ticket holders get a chance to go inside the ground to see what the view would be like before having to commit.
At present I am in the BML, in row Z by the edge of the penalty area. Don't fancy moving to the top tier.
mumbles87 wrote: I used to have a season ticket for a total of 7 seasons but not anymore however if I still had it I would like the club to provide exactly what your suggesting here. A chance to view the area I would be paying to sit in for the season

I'm pretty sure the club have already said existing ST holders WILL get the chance to look around the stadium to see where they would like to sit before buying. I believe the club already let you look around our current ground for ST holders and those wanting to move seats as well.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Mainly in away stadiums at proper football grounds.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

they dont let you look around as they have a seating plan on the website which give you a view from the seat
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Hope you can zoom in from the upper tier seating plan.
bonehead

Post by bonehead »

brownout wrote:I think that the club are still 'consulting' on seat migration via the SAB.
hope they do a better job than the play off final allocation mapping at cardiff
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 153 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

The standing area where the most noise is generated - Preferably next to the away fans but we will have to see about that.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 130 likes
Total likes: 332 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

In front of my PC I expect.

Currently front row in the Alpari upper....for me, nothing will be able to beat it.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

A lot of supporters seats will be next to community supporters with their freebies, as they have to give away 100,000 tickets per season, i wonder if these tickets have to be allocated in advance in case we don't have any home cup draws, meaning up to 5000 freebies per game or if they are giving them away at the more unfashionable games the figure could be much higher.
Mr_Andersonn

Post by Mr_Andersonn »

WestHamAlways wrote:Interesting to see a layout at last. I hope the season ticket holders get a chance to go inside the ground to see what the view would be like before having to commit.
At present I am in the BML, in row Z by the edge of the penalty area. Don't fancy moving to the top tier.
Where is this layout?