Email from the club

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

gegsy
Has liked: 237 likes
Total likes: 170 likes

Re: Email from the club

Post by gegsy »

I am very angry about an email my favourite football club sent me.
The Rebirth
It's all about the confidence

Post by The Rebirth »

Oh

I guess this is this weeks edition of 'let's find something we can hate about the club and have a go at the owners and Brady about'
Last edited by The Rebirth on Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irongav
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by irongav »

reminded me of the first time i had sex, incompetant, messy and over in seconds :?
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

The Rebirth wrote:Oh

I guess this is this weeks edition of 'let's find something we can hate about the club and have a go at the owners and Brady about'
Did you receive the email and think that it was well worded?

To be honest if it was going to be a single question, it could have been worded so much better. Is that the only question to ask STHs?

Like many I'm sure I had to read it several times before trying to work out what to select and I expected a few more questions not just one very poorly worded one.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

Hammers Dad
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by Hammers Dad »

For those who haven't seen the email:
In the months leading up to the Olympic Stadium move the Club will be carrying out a series of short surveys of our current Season Ticket Holders. These surveys are designed to help us understand your opinion and views on specific topics regarding the new Stadium. Typically these surveys will be 3 – 5 questions long and should take you no longer than 5 minutes to complete.

This first survey aims to measure your interest in introducing new Season Ticket Holders to sit with you in the new Stadium.

Season Ticket Holders who complete the survey before 5pm Friday 21 February will enter a prize draw to win a replica shirt signed by the first team.

Click here to take the survey
Seems pretty clear to me.
Clicked on it, answered one question and it ended as I have no intention of applying for more tickets at the Olympic Stadium.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I guess I read "Typically these surveys will be 3 – 5 questions long " and therefore expected more than one question.

I'm not one to leap on every mistake and slag the club off, but did you notice the email said deadline was the 21st but the survey itself said the 22nd?
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Ironwerx wrote:Image
We are not allowed an opinion then ? The survey is very badly set up and should be highlighted if the options don't include all possibilities , for example " will not be renewing " and reason for not renewing. The answers for their survey can be twisted so they can say 100% of people who took the survey will be renewing.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I had three questions

1) what is your full name and email address

2) how many consecutive years have you held your current season ticket?

3) how likely are you to want to buy (if permitted) any additional tickets "at the same point" of buying yours?

They said there will be more surveys so this isn't the only one.

The question was worded poorly but don't see much else wrong here
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

MD_HM wrote:2) how many consecutive years have you held your current season ticket?
It only gives you up to 8 years .

Why are they asking that question ?

BTW, they didn't bother e-mailing me :lol:
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by James P »

I have to agree that it is a really odd question. Why would I as a STH want to buy additional tickets? I can only take up one seat. It's basically saying do you think your friends would want a ST at the OS? Dunno, ask them!
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote:
3) how likely are you to want to buy (if permitted) any additional tickets "at the same point" of buying yours?

Because you could only answer question 3 in the presumption you were going to renew your season ticket, therefore they could quote the fact that everyone who did the survey would renew when that isn't the case.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

taffhammer wrote:We are not allowed an opinion then ? The survey is very badly set up and should be highlighted if the options don't include all possibilities , for example " will not be renewing " and reason for not renewing. The answers for their survey can be twisted so they can say 100% of people who took the survey will be renewing.
It was intended as humour. To raise a chuckle. To be light hearted.

Relax a little.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

They only hold the last 8 years worth of season ticket holder data... That is why I reckon it's 8+ on the question :wink:

I think many are missing the purpose of the question; my take is they are considering letting current season ticket holders buy more tickets at the same time as their own and want to gauge opinion on whether people want that.

I.e. Father and son have had tickets for 8 years but now the son has had a kid and they want to buy them a season ticket, they obviously want to sit together so when can they reasonable do this at the OS.

That's what I think the whole point of this one survey is.

I don't see the point in asking if I would renew now 2 and a half years away from the move, without knowing how much tickets will be, how much disposable income I will have and what type of investment has gone into the squad for example.

The only people that want to tell them "no" now are those upset over the move in general and are moaning that a stadium with 20k extra seats is bigger our current one; so they might have to sit 20 rows further back...
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Ironwerx wrote: It was intended as humour. To raise a chuckle. To be light hearted.

Relax a little.
Oh i see, hope it didn't take too long to put together.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote: The only people that want to tell them "no" now are those upset over the move in general and are moaning that a stadium with 20k extra seats is bigger our current one; so they might have to sit 20 rows further back...
Agree with everything you said but i add the people that will renew but would like everyone to able to put a dot next to 'will not renew' if they want. That way we get a real view of everyones opinions.
Madness7

Post by Madness7 »

MD_HM wrote:3) how likely are you to want to buy (if permitted) any additional tickets?

My point (top of the thread) wasn't that they'd already assumed I'd renew without asking, It wasn't even the oddness of the question.

It was the fact that they didn't ask the above at all, but asked "how likely & how many" I'd want.

Two completely different questions, particularly when the answer to "how many" is zero. Which was not even an option in the answers .Which made the question unanswerable.

That was my gripe
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

MD_HM wrote:The only people that want to tell them "no" now are those upset over the move in general and are moaning that a stadium with 20k extra seats is bigger our current one; so they might have to sit 20 rows further back...
:hush: Brave statement on here mate. I'm sure there are a lot of us around like you and me who are looking forward to the move and understand what this entails and two and a half years out are probably content to wait and see how things develop without needing to be constantly negative about things now.
roblo
Has liked: 163 likes
Total likes: 139 likes

Post by roblo »

Wow, a response to my question regarding accurate data:
Upon collating and analysing responses, the analysis team will only be reviewing survey responses from season ticket holders which will be identified by their name and email addresses. Any names/email addresses that are not season ticket holders on our SEE system shall automatically be filtered out ahead of analysis.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

It was a perfectly worded question if you want to try to extrapolate as much support as possible.