Away Fans + Day Trippers @ the OS (in the LOWER TIER!!)

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

r99c
Has liked: 677 likes
Total likes: 392 likes

Re: Away Fans @ the OS

Post by r99c »

Knighter10WHU wrote: Not a chance.

Man United and Liverpool will be the only ones who will sell 8,000.
Chelsea and Arsenal around 6,000.
Spurs around 5,000.
Newcastle/Everton will be the only other side who may have the potential to sell more than 3,000 for a standard league game.
I went to the Man Utd home league game last season and they ended up selling blocks of seats back to us. Didn't make it past the goal in the STBL which a good away following would do. Maybe that was just the fact that they weren't doing too well in the league and the glory hunters didn't turn up though.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

Rocketron wrote:Premiership games require 10% of capacity or 3000 whichever is the highest.
I believe it is whichever is lowest.
Rio
Ronnie Biggs was here
Has liked: 159 likes
Total likes: 1082 likes

Post by Rio »

It is Sulley.

Hence why Man Utd have got away whith offering just around that amount for league games for years.

Obviously the cup is different.

We also operate on that policy now so quite where the scaremongering of 8000 away fans for a league game comes from I'm not sure :?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

I went to the Man Utd home league game last season and they ended up selling blocks of seats back to us. Didn't make it past the goal in the STBL which a good away following would do. Maybe that was just the fact that they weren't doing too well in the league and the glory hunters didn't turn up though

Their allocation was cut by the Safety Advisory Group. Given the opportunity I would expect they'd have no problem selling 8000 for the OS. Look how many they used to take to Wimbledon at Selhurst Park.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Rio wrote:It is Sulley.

Hence why Man Utd have got away whith offering just around that amount for league games for years.

Obviously the cup is different.

We also operate on that policy now so quite where the scaremongering of 8000 away fans for a league game comes from I'm not sure :?
How is it scaremongering?

It's not like the club said there will be a maximum of 5000 in the league, 8000 in the cup.

They simply stated away allocation will be upto 8000.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

What does that take the cup allocation to then? 12K?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

LincolnshireHammer wrote:What does that take the cup allocation to then? 12K?
Approx 8,000

15% of 54,000 = 8,100
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by danm79 »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:
How is it scaremongering?

It's not like the club said there will be a maximum of 5000 in the league, 8000 in the cup.

They simply stated away allocation will be upto 8000.
How can it not be scaremongering?

The 8000 figure is in line will the rules we operate to now as you correctly say the club have not stated any exact details. Someone has decided to stir :thdn: and make up 8000 for league games - which I would say is scaremongering
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Not sure how many season ticket holders we will have, if we are lucky to get 30,000 + 4,000 corporate, take out the minimum 3,000 away support, there will be 17,000 seats to sell to members and general sale per game, if we don't look like selling these tickets I am sure the away team will be offered further allocations, a few years ago we played Coventry away in the championship, we were offered an iniatial allocation of 4,000 as sales went well and further fans wanted to be part of a good away day we kept taking further allocations till we took over 6,000, we could have sold more but there was no more available blocks, I can see this happening at the o.s unless we sell out, the owners will not want empty seats
NorthBankAlliance

e10hammer wrote:Not sure how many season ticket holders we will have, if we are lucky to get 30,000 + 4,000 corporate, take out the minimum 3,000 away support, there will be 17,000 seats to sell to members and general sale per game, if we don't look like selling these tickets I am sure the away team will be offered further allocations, a few years ago we played Coventry away in the championship, we were offered an iniatial allocation of 4,000 as sales went well and further fans wanted to be part of a good away day we kept taking further allocations till we took over 6,000, we could have sold more but there was no more available blocks, I can see this happening at the o.s unless we sell out, the owners will not want empty seats
They've apparently said that none of the seats within that 8,100 that will make up the away end will go on sale to season ticket holders.

If they can guarantee that a side will sell out that why wouldn't they sell them straight onto the away club and ensure they've made maximum £££ as early as possible, that's unfortunately how they work.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I don't understand why people would object to 8,000 away fans and 46,000 home supporters ,

Could only help the atmosphere .

The whole point of the move is to maximise revenue , quite simply the club will knock out the seats to whoever pays the most .
Last edited by the pink palermo on Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NorthBankAlliance

the pink palermo wrote:I don't understand why people would object to 8,000 away fans and 45,999 home supporters ,

Could only help the atmosphere .
Yeah there'd be some atmosphere, not in a positive way for us though...

With all due respect don't think we'd handle 8000 inside or out, would be swamped.
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

e10hammer wrote:Not sure how many season ticket holders we will have, if we are lucky to get 30,000 +
I personally will be gobsmacked if we manage to sell 30k season tickets each year!
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 420 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

I think away fans should get a reasonable allocation in a good section of the ground. It's the courtesy you receive at most places and should be returned. Perhaps up to 5000 for big attendances if you're struggling to fill seats. However, well priced tickets and an ease of purchase (I've faced pure indifference from your Box Office before) should see a new generation of Hammers experience football properly.
NorthBankAlliance

Away allocation in the league rumoured to be 5000.

Far too much...
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:Away allocation in the league rumoured to be 5000.

Far too much...

Why ? Less than 10% of capacity I honestly thought it would be more , split over 2 levels , even our prawn sandwich newcomers on the new Kop style east stand should be able to outsing them :lol:
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 155 likes
Total likes: 194 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

I think 4,500 would be a reasonable allocation...maybe 5,000? I think any more than that and they'd be taking the p*ss every week.
WestHamIFC

Re: Away Fans @ the OS (in the LOWER TIER!!)

Post by WestHamIFC »

Does anyone know how many of the 19,000 Lower Tier seats will left over for us Home fans once we (scandalously) give the travelling support a share of them?

I guess if the 5% mode for League games and 15% for Cup games is applied consistently across Upper and Lower Tiers it will be just over 18k for League and 16k for Cup matches, but is this confirmed?

Makes my blood boil that we're not giving the most sought after Tier entirely to the Home support! Headbanger
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

WestHamIFC wrote:Does anyone know how many of the 19,000 Lower Tier seats will left over for us Home fans once we (scandalously) give the travelling support a share of them?

I guess if the 5% mode for League games and 15% for Cup games is applied consistently across Upper and Lower Tiers it will be just over 18k for League and 16k for Cup matches, but is this confirmed?

Makes my blood boil that we're not giving the most sought after Tier entirely to the Home support! Headbanger
Minus club london , boleyn bar, 1996 seats, there's around another 3000-3500 gone.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 49 likes

Post by Rocketron »

WestHamIFC wrote:Does anyone know how many of the 19,000 Lower Tier seats will left over for us Home fans once we (scandalously) give the travelling support a share of them?

No Season Tickets will be available in the South Stand as I understand the press releases we have had .