Away Fans + Day Trippers @ the OS (in the LOWER TIER!!)

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MAC08
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Re: Away Fans @ the OS (in the LOWER TIER!!)

Post by MAC08 »

Away fans seats will start from the corner of the South and West stands and then work towards the East depending on allocation required.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

From today's WHTID:

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... ic-stadium

"Those West Ham supporters hoping away fans will tucked away in the upper tier gods at the Olympic Stadium could be in a major disappointment...

The allocation of a large section of the lower tier of the Olympic Stadium will concern some existing season ticket holders hoping to get a similar seat and view to the one they currently enjoy at the Boleyn ground...

There are thought to be 19,000 seats in the new lower tier of the Olympic Stadium which has led some to question how West Ham will accommodate up to 9,000 Band 4 seats behind the goals and the corners of the Olympic Stadium. The fear is many season ticket holders currently enjoying a lower tier band 4 ticket will be forced into an upper tier position much further away then their current seat.
"

I'm generally Pro-OS but not giving the Home Fans the maximum opportunity to get the Lower Tier seats they want in favour of away fans is a massive, major c0ck-up by the club.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

I and a few others have been saying due to segregation problems away fans will be in the lower tier plus there will be no season tickets sold in the lower and upper tiers next to them due to cup allocations, I have also been trying to find out to no avail where our band four family season ticket holders who enjoy great views in the TB upper will be relocated, 12 months till we move in and only the prices released but no information or plans of where these price bands will be, I am amazed that we so far have had no computer generated images of the stadiums interior. Why?
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:I am amazed that we so far have had no computer generated images of the stadiums interior. Why?
Because clearly the club don't want supporters to see what the stadium will be like until they have got us in the sales centre - and even then it will only be a carefully selected CGI image of views from selected seats.
Why indeed?
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

e10hammer wrote: there will be no season tickets sold in the lower and upper tiers next to them due to cup allocations,
But we have season ticket holders in the Trevor Brooking stand, they just can't buy a cup ticket if the other team has the whole end.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Taffhammer
I agree. We do currently move season ticket holders in the TB upper and lower for cup games but the club has stated that no season tickets will be sold in areas that can be used for cup games potentially 8000 seats upper and lower behind one goal, why? I would like to think the tickets in the lower section will not be given away free to community groups as part of the 100,000 freebies a year, especially ahead of our own fans who like to be behind the goal and next to the away fans. As season tickets are already being sold you would think we would have answers to these questions.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Or do the club want to keep the option to be able to sell 8,000 tickets to away fans for league games?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

brownout wrote:Or do the club want to keep the option to be able to sell 8,000 tickets to away fans for league games?
Or a neutral section :thdn:
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

WestHamlFC
You have pointed out we have 9000 band 4 seats at present in the lower tiers at upton park, and as one end of the O.S is out of bounds to season ticket holders and one side is corporate and the other side is likely to be band 1 2 and 3(i would be surprised if any seats on the sides will be band 4) it will indeed be interesting to see where all our current band 4 ticket holders (including those in the TB upper) will be located.
Zuli

Post by Zuli »

If the South Stand lower tier tickets are only to be sold on a match by match basis, they will be in high demand and therefore the club would probably look to price them as Band 3 rather than Band 4. Thus the North lower would have to be the same. Leaving Band 4 in the upper tiers, with the furthest seats as Band 5.
Luke (THFC)

Re: Away Fans @ the OS

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Chelsea/Arsenal I could see the case for (maybe), but Tottenham have struggled to sell out their 3,000 at UP the last 2 occasions they visited. Unless ticket prices were to decrease significantly, I don't see them being able to shift 8,000 at the OS, same as we wouldn't shift 8,000 at WHL unless ticket prices were about £20.

Agree Man City/Aston Villa could potentially with cheaper tickets.
It's news to me that Spurs struggled to sell out the 3,000 at UP....

Last year's tickets didn't even make it to our 80,000+ members, let alone to general sale.... They were all sold out to our season ticket holders and ones with a significant amount of loyalty points at that....

From the Spurs website:
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/ti ... ay-160714/
Season Ticket Holders with 207 or more loyalty points have been successful and will be issued a clear view ticket.
Season Ticket Holders with 198 or more loyalty points have been successful and will be issued a Partially Obstructed view ticket.
brownout

Post by brownout »

Zuli wrote:If the South Stand lower tier tickets are only to be sold on a match by match basis, they will be in high demand and therefore the club would probably look to price them as Band 3 rather than Band 4. Thus the North lower would have to be the same. Leaving Band 4 in the upper tiers, with the furthest seats as Band 5.
Comparable seats is what we were promised.
leveller

Post by leveller »

taffhammer wrote:But we have season ticket holders in the Trevor Brooking stand, they just can't buy a cup ticket if the other team has the whole end.
Yes but we don't have thousands of spare seats that can't be sold every single game that could be sold to away fans. Just because we only have to give 3000 for league games, doesn't mean we can't give more if we want to. Not that I agree since only a handful of teams will exceed 3000, but that's how the club will think about it. Plus the club most likely want to keep the rifraf seperated from the away fans, make the place a bit more homely for all the prawn sandwich eaters.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Re: Away Fans @ the OS

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Luke (THFC) wrote: It's news to me that Spurs struggled to sell out the 3,000 at UP....

Last year's tickets didn't even make it to our 80,000+ members, let alone to general sale.... They were all sold out to our season ticket holders and ones with a significant amount of loyalty points at that....
[/i]
I think maybe it was the game at the end of the season before that there were tickets on general sale. I know because my mate got one who is not a member - not sure if maybe they were potentially returns?
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Knighter10WHU wrote:I think maybe it was the game at the end of the season before that there were tickets on general sale. I know because my mate got one who is not a member - not sure if maybe they were potentially returns?
The game where you beat us 2-0 late last season sold out to applications from members (at a cut off of around 100 loyalty points if I remember correctly).... There were indeed a few returns that went on sale (I think) 2 or 3 days before the game. These all sold out pretty much immediately, I know this as a couple of friends who failed with their application for tickets due to not quite having enough loyalty points, tried to get their hands on one of the returns but weren't quick enough).

If you gave us 8,000 I'm pretty sure we would sell them (providing they weren't ridiculously expensive of course). As would Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and probably Chelsea as well.

I have quite a few friends who don't even bother applying for tickets for our London away games as they know they will fail due to not having enough loyalty points. I'm sure that bigger allocations would also result in an increase in the number of people applying for tickets as they'd feel they stood a better chance of getting a ticket.

As an aside here - a couple of times I have suggested to THFC that anyone applying for a ticket for an away game should receive the bonus loyalty points even if their application is unsuccessful. I think that would make the accumulation of loyalty points a little fairer overall. I'm not sure how yours work at West Ham?.... Do you guys receive loyalty points even when unsuccessful in an application?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

If Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and even Crystal Palace can sell tens of thousands for their home games, why not 8000 for away games when its just a few stops along a tube line?

Not that that will happen of course, with away fans likely to be limited to 2700. Still, dont let that fact stop those of you knickerwetting about hordes of away fans in the OS.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Post by Knighter10WHU »

Luke (THFC) wrote: The game where you beat us 2-0 late last season sold out to applications from members (at a cut off of around 100 loyalty points if I remember correctly).... There were indeed a few returns that went on sale (I think) 2 or 3 days before the game.

If you gave us 8,000 I'm pretty sure we would sell them (providing they weren't ridiculously expensive of course). As would Arsenal, Man Utd, Liverpool and probably Chelsea as well.

I have quite a few friends who don't even bother applying for tickets for our London away games as they know they will fail due to not having enough loyalty points. I'm sure that bigger allocations would also result in an increase in the number of people applying for tickets as they'd feel they stood a better chance of getting a ticket.

As an aside here - a couple of times I have suggested to THFC that anyone applying for a ticket for an away game should receive the bonus loyalty points even if their application is unsuccessful. I think that would make the accumulation of loyalty points a little fairer overall. I'm not sure how yours work at West Ham?.... Do you guys receive loyalty points even when unsuccessful in an application?
Fair enough, must have been returns then, I just remember a big thing being made of it on Twitter at the time.

I think our loyalty point system is fair as it only counts for the last 2 seasons, not sure if Spurs' is the same? We do not receive loyalty points for unsuccessful applications, generally people don't complain if they do miss out on tickets unless the ticket office f*** up with receiving the application.
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

gavrosh wrote:If Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, and even Crystal Palace can sell tens of thousands for their home games, why not 8000 for away games when its just a few stops along a tube line?

Not that that will happen of course, with away fans likely to be limited to 2700. Still, dont let that fact stop those of you knickerwetting about hordes of away fans in the OS.
I refuse to believe the police would sign off on 8,000 Spurs and Chelsea coming over. Especially now with so many routes people can come to and leave the ground from. Just won't happen.
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

Knighter10WHU wrote:Fair enough, must have been returns then, I just remember a big thing being made of it on Twitter at the time.

I think our loyalty point system is fair as it only counts for the last 2 seasons, not sure if Spurs' is the same? We do not receive loyalty points for unsuccessful applications, generally people don't complain if they do miss out on tickets unless the ticket office f*** up with receiving the application.
Yep, was returns.... When it comes to twitter I can't help agree with David Cameron's "Too many tweets make a twat" comment. A good number of our away games sell out before going to General sale (even many of those up north).... The London ones pretty much never go to general sale and often sell out before even members get in on the act. I had a trawl through my ticket info mails from the club this season for the aways where I applied for tickets and found the following:

Everton. Allocation. 3,000. Sold out > 110 loyalty points.
Southampton. Allocation 3,120. Sold out to ST holders with 174 or more loyalty points.
Man Utd. Allocation 3,000. Sold out > 90 loyalty points.
QPR. Allocation 1,757. Sold out ST holders with 293 loyalty points.
Sheff Utd. Allocation 5,500. Sold out > 90 loyalty points.
West Brom. Allocation 2,709. Sold out > 115 loyalty points.
Crystal Palace. Allocation 2,861. Sold out ST holders with 165 loyalty points.
Chelsea. Allocation 3,000. Sold out > 129 loyalty points
Villa. Allocation 3,000. Sold out > 109 loyalty points
Arsenal. 2,900. Sold out ST holders > 268 points.

I think our loyalty points last for 5 years now (it used to be unlimited as far as I remember).... I'm not quite as religious with my away attendance these days compared to the past so I haven't paid that much attention (although from the above I can see that I must have more than 293 loyalty points)
Luke (THFC)

Post by Luke (THFC) »

hammers92 wrote:I refuse to believe the police would sign off on 8,000 Spurs and Chelsea coming over. Especially now with so many routes people can come to and leave the ground from. Just won't happen.
I think Arsenal used to pull that one when they played us in the cup. They would give us about 6,000 and state that the Police wouldn't sign off any more (although they then got caught out a bit last season when they gave Chelsea a full allocation for a midweek Carling Cup game and then said they couldn't do the same for a weekend FA Cup match against us). At the time I was pissed off with Spurs for not doing more to secure the full allocation. Instead all Levy did was talk about a reciprocal percentage allocation for Arsenal if it went to a replay (only for us roll over meekly and lose 2-0 anyway!)