SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

Post by brownout »

Dear Supporter Advisory Board member,

First and foremost we would like to wholeheartedly thank you for your informed and comprehensive feedback following the focus group meetings that have taken place this season:

Stadium Migration - Tuesday 14 January
Matchday Experience - Tuesday 28 January
Fitting Farewell to the Boleyn - Tuesday 25 February
Media/Communications - Friday 4 April

We genuinely feel that the revised format for consultation with the SAB and the wider supporter base has been instrumental in guiding the Club through this key period in our history. The feedback that has been received through the consultation, questionnaires and market research has informed our planning for West Ham United’s future every step of the way.

We would particularly like to thank the following nominated Chairpersons who have made an outstanding contribution this season on behalf of their fellow supporters, in steering the wider consultation process and collating all supporter feedback for each focus group:

Stadium Migration - Kevin Radley
Matchday Experience - Michael Crowhurst
Fitting Farewell to the Boleyn - James Rutherford
Media/Communications - John Parry

Following completion of wider consultation for each of the focus groups, we are delighted to confirm that the Supporter Advisory Board Annual Group meeting (AGM) scheduled for next week is now confirmed for Wednesday 14th May 6pm at the Boleyn Ground.

At this meeting, the nominated Chairpersons will present the collated feedback on behalf of each focus group to the full Supporter Advisory Board and key personnel at the Club, including Joint-Chairman David Gold.

Following the presentations, we would like to discuss the direction of the Supporter Advisory Board ahead of next season and share an “off-the-pitch” update with you in respect of the Stadium move.

The meeting is on the record but there will be a second section, which is intended to introduce some new discussion topics. Due to both the commercial sensitivity and the fact that SAB feedback in this regard, will determine whether certain agenda items are advanced in order for items to be discussed fully and frankly, the Club will require anyone wishing to attend this section of the meeting to sign a legally binding non-disclosure agreement in advance via email to echopra@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Additionally we must also stipulate in advance that that all mobile phones and electronic devices must be handed in to our secure storage area as a condition of entry to this part of the meeting and the use of mobile phones/tablets/Dictaphones/cameras or any other recording device are not permitted.

We will also need to provide a comprehensive list of attendees in advance of the meeting so please confirm by immediate response your ability to attend.

Please kindly note the confidential agenda items are optional for members to attend and therefore should you wish to not participate in this part of the meeting you are not required to submit your NDA but will not be permitted to stay for this part of the meeting. Please also note due to the vast number of topics which require discussion the meeting is likely to be a lengthy one so please plan your time accordingly.

An agenda for this meeting is outlined below.

We look forward to receiving your confirmation of attendance at your earliest convenience.

Best to you all,

Tara

Supporter Advisory Board Annual Group Meeting Wednesday 14th May 6pm at the Boleyn Ground.

Agenda:

5.30pm Arrival, registration and entry to Lounge
6.00pm AGM
Introduction by Tara Warren
Presentations by Chairpersons (in order as outlined above)
7.30pm SAB Summary 2013/14
SAB Format 2014/15
7.45pm New agenda items (NDA required)
8.15pm Meeting summary by Joint-Chairman David Gold
8.30pm End
brownout

Re: SAB Meeting 16th May - Non Disclosure - again

Post by brownout »

Sorry, title wrong. Should say 14th. Not sure if I can edit it.
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Re: SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

Post by 1mcavennie »

Maybe I have misunderstood but I thought the idea if the SAB was to act as a vehicle to challenge the club on its plans but also feedback to us ordinary fans what those plans are

If every meeting is covered by a non disclosure restriction how do the ordinary fans find out what is going on?
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Is it possible that the entire membership refuse to sign and do not attend the second part?
Notifying the press, of course.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Interesting development, especially since the stadium's page on Newham's planning website is currently down.

My theory is that the guarantee of Prem football next season has meant the club can now OK the cost of the wrap, which I think will look similar to that of the Allianz Arena (and allow it to be lit like it as well).
brownout

Post by brownout »

And why would that have to be secret?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

As some have predicted more information comes out just after the end of a season .

I won't be attending a meeting that requires me to sign a "legally binding" blah blah blah .

I've been going there all my life since my late teens .I've paid out thousands and thousands to support our club, and now they want me to sign legal documents .I was nominated to go on the SAB by fellow supporters who wanted updates and a voice to express their views .

The gagging of attendees is morally bankrupt .It's a bad move by the club .
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Why can't SAB members leak the information to another source who can reveal details...
****ing liberty that even after arranging to sell our ground we have nothing concrete coming out the club.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

the pink palermo wrote:As some have predicted more information comes out just after the end of a season .

I won't be attending a meeting that requires me to sign a "legally binding" blah blah blah .

I've been going there all my life since my late teens .I've paid out thousands and thousands to support our club, and now they want me to sign legal documents .I was nominated to go on the SAB by fellow supporters who wanted updates and a voice to express their views .

The gagging of attendees is morally bankrupt .It's a bad move by the club .

I am for the move but make PP 100% correct about this point......
Secrecy may or may not have been needed during the bidding proces etc but now at this stage it is just not on IMO.... :crest:
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Due to both the commercial sensitivity and the fact that SAB feedback in this regard, will determine whether certain agenda items are advanced in order for items to be discussed fully and frankly,
Groundshare with the Squids?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The terms of the deal have not ben fully disclosed and because of that it is perfectly understandable - and legally required - that the club would require an NDA if it is revealing information to the fans that is not public knowledge currently. If just some fans can know it and agree or disagree with it, that is a good thing. Putting your heads in the sand along with pinky is a frankly stupid thing to do.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

gavrosh wrote:The terms of the deal have not ben fully disclosed and because of that it is perfectly understandable - and legally required - that the club would require an NDA if it is revealing information to the fans that is not public knowledge currently. If just some fans can know it and agree or disagree with it, that is a good thing. .
Utter utter cobblers.

The cloak and dagger stuff is all about leaking the bad news slowly , it's totally deceitful and frankly downright insulting to the fans .

Do you really think Gold and Sullivan won't discuss it with their wives - and do you think they would ask them to sign a bit of paper ?

It's utter b*llocks .

You do yourself no credit by defending such behaviour .
NorthBankAlliance

TPP what happens if you leak information?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

NorthBankAlliance wrote:TPP what happens if you leak information?
When I did, f*** all :lol:

But, and it's a big but .

I knew what I did was against what I had agreed to .I didn't feel good about it , even though I leaked nothing of any substance .

This time around rather than compromising myself I'm choosing not to go .My position on the Athletics stadium is clear , I really have very little to add to the non debate .

I'll sleep well in the years ahead knowing I said things at the time that mattered , the fact others have allowed themselves to be conned will be an issue for them to come to terms with .
mywhufc

Post by mywhufc »

the pink palermo wrote: When I did, **** all :lol:

But, and it's a big but .

I knew what I did was against what I had agreed to .I didn't feel good about it , even though I leaked nothing of any substance .

This time around rather than compromising myself I'm choosing not to go .My position on the Athletics stadium is clear , I really have very little to add to the non debate .

I'll sleep well in the years ahead knowing I said things at the time that mattered , the fact others have allowed themselves to be conned will be an issue for them to come to terms with .
Better to know what they want to say and criticise from a point of knowledge than not.
It can't be anything to do with stadium design as that is all publicly available from the LLDC as much as they try to hide it.
I imagine its commercial boring stuff like financials and may be changes to ..............
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Pinky you've been blocking this board up for ages with your simplistic opposition to the move. There are good and bad things about it that can be healthily debated but all you can do seemingly is say 'no, no, no, no, no'. Alright, we get it; you dont want to go. Now let other people voice their opinion about it. You're boring.
NorthBankAlliance

Pink speaks the truth for alot of us...
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

gavrosh wrote: Now let other people voice their opinion about it.
How Have I prevented others voicing their opinions ?

Is your argument in support of the move so wafer thin that one single poster is sufficient to "block" anything at all ?

What I won't do is stand aside and let you and other apologists for the morally bankrupt Brady pretend that the move is at the legitimate request of the supporters .

You, and others, have sold out .I note that 99.5% of your posts are on the OS which makes me wonder if you are either a club stooge or have a vested interest of some sort, beyond being a match attending supporter .

Just so you know, I debated, at length the pro's and cons on this website long before you turned up , presenting both for and against points .

I'm clear, I'm against the move , I currently go home and away and listen carefully to comments from many fans, and in general ,more seem to agree with me than disagree .Not everyone , but quite a few, certainly enough to nail the lie that 85% are in favour of the move .

The majority of course will go , at least for a season, and good luck to them, I hope they enjoy it , but I'll continue to voice my opinions on here for as long as the mods allow me to .Less than 40 games left at the Boleyn and almost no solid information for the fans yet .

wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Post by wizzo_66 »

the pink palermo wrote: .Less than 40 games left at the Boleyn and almost no solid information for the fans yet .
What scares me most is that we are sleep walking into something many simply just don't understand.

I am astonished that we haven't kicked up more of a fuss as supporters.

I am neither for nor against at the moment. I just want to see what it will look like, where I will be sat etc. It's so difficult to express an opinion otherwise!
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

the pink palermo wrote:
I currently go home and away and listen carefully to comments from many fans, and in general ,more seem to agree with me than disagree .Not everyone , but quite a few, certainly enough to nail the lie that 85% are in favour of the move .

I think the 85% claim by the club is quite ridiculous.
I believe personally that the figure is nearer the 65% pro move as recorded on this very forum??

Keep it up PP.
Although pro move myself I am very worried and feel very sorry that it is alienating really good supporters of our club. I feel the club could be doing more to at least answer the questions and concerns of the lifeblood fans who go week in, week out.
If anything they should be contacting the antis and show some empathy and obvious long term home and away followers should be offered the very best at the new ground now?