SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BMLGirl
Has liked: 183 likes
Total likes: 67 likes

Re: SAB Meeting 14th May - Non Disclosure - again

Post by BMLGirl »

De Niro wrote:There will be 3-4k 'premium seats'.
Naughty boy... didn't you sign the NDA :thup:
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

4000 premiem seats, nothing secret squirral about that, karen brady already stated that fact in her sun column several weeks ago.
sutts07
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 545 likes

Post by sutts07 »

WestHamIFC wrote: Anything about where the Away Fans will be? Upper or Lower Tier? In a corner, behind a goal, or along the wing?
Might be wrong on this but I am pretty sure it has been said they will have to be upper and lower in a section behind the goal because the upper and lower are served by the same concourse so you cannot separate fans from either tier.

If that is the case it will most likely be along these lines... (away fan section in claret - pretty much the same as clubs like Chelsea, Man City and Spurs offer us now)

De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

BMLGirl wrote: Naughty boy... didn't you sign the NDA
OS section of the meeting wasnt designated as NDA :thup:

WHIFC - there were no details about away fans.

As for the agenda item that was covered by the NDA, I believe this will be opened up to the whole fanbase within a few weeks.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

Have they shown you the new home kit yet?
De Niro
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by De Niro »

sutts07 wrote:Have they shown you the new home kit yet?
Nope, just the away kit.

They said the home kit would be officially revealed when the players come back for training, beginning of July I think.
BMLGirl
Has liked: 183 likes
Total likes: 67 likes

Post by BMLGirl »

De Niro wrote:OS section of the meeting wasnt designated as NDA

WHIFC - there were no details about away fans.

As for the agenda item that was covered by the NDA, I believe this will be opened up to the whole fanbase within a few weeks.
Oh right - didn't realise that. I left before the end - Tara does go on a bit :)
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

Cheers for the update De Niro

When they said "There will be quite a large gap between the upper/middle tier and the retractable seating. Other than footbridges, this will be covered by branding or something similar"......did they specify how large the gap would be?

It's an odd comment given that they denied the distances claimed in the Daily Mail a while back?!!
brownout
Has liked: 96 likes
Total likes: 179 likes

Post by brownout »

If the club say 'quite a large gap' expect it to be very large - a stadium within a stadium.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Serious question for the next meeting:-

Are there any 'get out' clauses in the OS agreement?

I'm thinking if, and that's a big if, the fanbase doesn't for whatever reasons like the OS and season ticket sales and attendances are way below expectations, can the Club get out of the agreement?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote: I'm thinking if, and that's a big if, the fanbase doesn't for whatever reasons like the OS and season ticket sales and attendances are way below expectations, can the Club get out of the agreement?
And play where ?

The Boleyns been sold JBB .

The bridges are burned , it's why I have been so opposed to the "wait and see" and or " I'll make my mind up once I know the details" positions taken by people .
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1852 likes
Total likes: 2106 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I was thinking more like if the move really hadn't worked out and a suitable plot of land became available......

More the principle than reality.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

the pink palermo wrote:
Oh Ray, they do know that .

They also know most of them haven't missed a game since God was a boy .

They may not have realised that those of you who are pro the move hardly ever buy a ticket currently .

They're gambling your expenditure in the future will exceed what they lose from those of us that drop out .

However, we both know you ain't going to go week in week out though don't we .
You will wake up with a huge spot on your tongue Pinky......

That is one very self indulgent and rather poor sweeping statement
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Maybe I'm a one off (but doubt it) but I've supported club since I was ten years old (now 60), had a season ticket since 1981 and I'm very pro the move.

So Pinky a very wide ranging statement that!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 804 likes
Total likes: 3018 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

hammers1954 wrote:Maybe I'm a one off (but doubt it) but I've supported club since I was ten years old (now 60), had a season ticket since 1981 and I'm very pro the move.

So Pinky a very wide ranging statement that!
Romford wrote: You will wake up with a huge spot on your tongue Pinky......

That is one very self indulgent and rather poor sweeping statement
Gentlemen it was a direct response to a comment made by Rays Rock about there being just the same few objectors posting on here .

My point was the same is true of the supporters of the move .

Only a few of them are posting on here as well , and those that are hardly ever go to a game - Ray being a classic example .
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

the premium area sits above the boxes on the west stand. they're intended to make up for the small number of boxes and the club will have to hope that corporates will buy into this untested format (i have my doubts). even with 4k of those we still have 50k Joe seats so talking about having fewer seats im just clueless wittering.

the away fans will be in one of the ends. its in the planning app, which has by the way been taken down.

very surprised the wrap remained un discussed as its the last thing that needs to go into planning and will be crucial to the look and feel of the place. as i have pointed out before the LLDC want to use EFTE plastic which would allow for lighting like bayerns ground but seems the club are holding out for some reason (they have to pay for it, which might explain why).
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Premium seats

From the OS picture thread, upper tier picture on there too, these where on the clubs survey

Doc H Ball
Has liked: 935 likes
Total likes: 1949 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Pop Robson wrote: Image
Are there definitely seats planned between the retracted seats and the upper tier behind the goals?

I thought these were not possible due to the screens.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

the pink palermo wrote:Gentlemen it was a direct response to a comment made by Rays Rock about there being just the same few objectors posting on here .

My point was the same is true of the supporters of the move .

Only a few of them are posting on here as well , and those that are hardly ever go to a game - Ray being a classic example .
Yes a very classic example of the punter who for many years lumped out for season tickets right up until the point that he found he couldn't afford even one of the cheaper ones and neither could many of his friends. So they then find themselves picking up the odd cheap ticket as and when they can afford it. Only to find out that most of the cheapest band tickets are always hard to come by, clearly because they're are many, many others like ourselves doing exactly the same thing.

So, I would be very careful in the way that you describe supporters that don't or can't attend games. For the very many of us whether they like the stadium or not, the move represents an opportunity to get hold of the cheaper seats on offer, I'm not foolish enough to think that those seats will be any cheaper than they are now. But there will be a lot more of them available. Be it at the back of the top tier or wherever, those that have been totally priced out just want more opportunity to go with their old mates without having to book 3 months in advance on a date and time that might change to when we're at work.
Unlike you we aren't all interested in bagging a seat up the chairman's behind, like you have now !
And before you tell us "there's plenty of spare tickets available now etc etc...". Not too many in cheapies if you want to sit with your mates. I can tell you !

Think again when criticising those that can't go for whatever reason, because believe me, they would love to be there making the noise and atmosphere that has long since disappeared from home games.
Otherwise you will continue to run the risk of looking, as Romford said " Self indulgent" or even Sanctimonious.
Last edited by Rays Rock on Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
sutts07

Post by sutts07 »

There are definitely not seats there. Have a look at some of the other threads, some good pictures and diagrams floating around.

The seats you can see behind the retractable ones are the middle section of the lower tier in athletics mode. The two side sections will move round in front of this section to create the lower tier behind the goal in football mode.

That section will be covered in football mode as per my pic further up on the page.