Ticket Prices

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1168 likes

Ticket Prices

Post by fjthegrey »

Obviously this has been discussed before but couldn't find anything recent.

Has there been anything more solid released or are we still at a purely speculative stage?
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1856 likes
Total likes: 2107 likes

Re: Ticket Prices

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

Purely speculative, but that won't stop the usual suspects posting their well-rehearsed views on whether the move is good or bad in this Ticket Price thread.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 813 likes
Total likes: 3033 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Purely speculative, but that won't stop the usual suspects posting their well-rehearsed views .
Nor will snide comments .
brownout
Has liked: 97 likes
Total likes: 180 likes

Post by brownout »

Without comment lest I should be told off for airing views on the move.

Nothing has been announced by the club - not even a hint of what they'll charge.

No indication as to whether the lower tier will be cheapest tickets (as is traditional) or if they will be premium price as closest to the pitch.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Kids for a £1, 5000 locals free.

Top priced tickets no less than now
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Have any other clubs announced prices for the 2016/17 season yet?

G&S those sneaky f*****s!

Purely guesswork until nearer the time... My guess would be the top priced seats will be a bit higher than they are now but the lower priced tickets will drop
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

A section of affordable season tickets in a less desirable part of the ground (i.e. higher tier towards the back) would be a nice gesture considering how expensive football is now. Chances are those tickets will be the most difficult to shift and a £300 / £400 price would see them snapped up by people on a budget.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

As they are obligated to give away free100,000 tickets to the local community, not all west ham fans as we know from past experience, and as there is no guarantee that we will have home cup ties to shift these tickets there could up to 5000 freebies for every game and I would think these will Be the cheap seats, so maybe not so many cheap seats for our loyal fans.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 74 likes
Total likes: 450 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

e10hammer wrote:As they are obligated to give away free100,000 tickets to the local community, not all west ham fans as we know from past experience, and as there is no guarantee that we will have home cup ties to shift these tickets there could up to 5000 freebies for every game and I would think these will Be the cheap seats, so maybe not so many cheap seats for our loyal fans.
I've lived in Newham for just shy of 10 years now and haven't once been offered a free ticket. I'd take it too if I was offered as I'll watch any match anywhere.

Affordable season tickets should be offered everywhere. City will have a section from £299 upwards once we've expanded our capacity. I currently pay double.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

btajim - mcfc wrote:A section of affordable season tickets in a less desirable part of the ground (i.e. higher tier towards the back) would be a nice gesture considering how expensive football is now.
I agree Jim, and as opposed to the Athletics stadium as I am , the one thing I was willing to endorse the thing for was a chance for those fans currently priced out to be able to afford to go again .

It remains to be seen how the club will structure the ticket pricing .

btajim - mcfc wrote: Chances are those tickets will be the most difficult to shift and a £300 / £400 price would see them snapped up by people on a budget.
Strangely, I feel the cheaper seats may be easier to shift .

There's an awful lot of fans beyond the limit of what they can afford , or at least past the point of paying a sensible amount .

The difficulty for the club will be if the stadium fills up from the back .

However, I live in hope of an adult, with no strings attached being able to attend 19 league matches for under £350 - broadly in line with inflation for a top priced ticket since 1985 .

While I personally won't be going, I would be pleased for fellow fans if they could support the club for that sort of sum .

The problem of course is where do you pitch childrens ticket prices if an adult can get in for that , or the young adults, or the students, or the pensioners ?

The two big areas for me always were the view ( distance) and the basis of allocating seats in the new place and the price thereof .
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

the pink palermo wrote:A section of affordable season tickets in a less desirable part of the ground (i.e. higher tier towards the back) would be a nice gesture considering how expensive football is now.
I agree Jim, and as opposed to the Athletics stadium as I am , the one thing I was willing to endorse the thing for was a chance for those fans currently priced out to be able to afford to go again .

It remains to be seen how the club will structure the ticket pricing .

Strangely, I feel the cheaper seats may be easier to shift .

There's an awful lot of fans beyond the limit of what they can afford , or at least past the point of paying a sensible amount .

The difficulty for the club will be if the stadium fills up from the back .

However, I live in hope of an adult, with no strings attached being able to attend 19 league matches for under £350 - broadly in line with inflation for a top priced ticket since 1985 .

While I personally won't be going, I would be pleased for fellow fans if they could support the club for that sort of sum .

The problem of course is where do you pitch childrens ticket prices if an adult can get in for that , or the young adults, or the students, or the pensioners ?

The two big areas for me always were the view ( distance) and the basis of allocating seats in the new place and the price thereof .[/quote]

Good post PP IMO not really anything there anybody can disagree with! :thup:
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

West Ham look to buck trend as Bayern chief slams Premier League ticket prices
WEST HAM have hinted they could buck the trend set by the likes of Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and offer season tickets for as little as £100 when they move to the Olympic Stadium.
By: Ben Jefferson
Published: Sun, July 20, 2014

West HamWest Ham will move to the Olympic Stadium in 2016[GETTY]

Bayern Munich president Uli Hoeness today accused Premier League clubs of 'milking their fans like cows' by demanding exorbitant amounts for season tickets.

Explaining the move to keep season tickets prices down, Hoeness reportedly said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans.

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.

Bayern president Uli Hoeness

"That's the biggest difference between us and England."

Arsenal's cheapest season ticket for the upcoming season costs £985 (with the most expensive at £1,955), Liverpool's cost £710 and Chelsea's cost £595.

But Jack Sullivan - son of West Ham co-owner David Sullivan - has hinted that West Ham hope to offer substantially cheaper season tickets when they move to the Olympic Stadium in 2016.

Retweeting Hoeness' comments, Sullivan said: "That's the hope at the OS [Olympic Stadium] give family's affordable football. Cheap ST [season tickets]."
Graza

Post by Graza »

I'm sure it's been mentioned before but didn't Sunderland do a £19 children's ST as long as they had an accompanying full price adult? Pretty sure it was a one season deal but it must have been good for shifting tickets if not for the coffers. I'm not suggesting they'd go that far but £100 for an accompanying child? Could work.
Rays Rock
Has liked: 46 likes
Total likes: 104 likes

Post by Rays Rock »

How true the £100 season ticket story is, will remain to be seen.
Then, if so how many, for who, and where ?
Never the less, IF it turns out true in any form, it has to be applauded.
I do feel there is a big need for a top club for the people in London. Our history and roots have always indicated that. this would be a big step back in that direction.

The Working man has been far too long forgotten in the Premier League frenzy. It's all very well asking people to go to lower league / non league games, but once you've chosen your club you're kind of stuck. They are the club you will want to see.

I have my reservations about the truth of this, but fingers crossed.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Discobar wrote: Explaining the move to keep season tickets prices down, Hoeness reportedly said: "We could charge more than €130 (£104). Let's say we charged €380 (£300). We'd get €2.5m (£2m) more in income, but what's €2.5m to us?

"In a transfer discussion you argue about the sum for five minutes. But the difference between €130 and €380 is huge for the fans.

"We do not think fans are like cows, who you milk. Football has got to be for everybody.
Retweeting Hoeness' comments, Sullivan said: "That's the hope at the OS [Olympic Stadium] give family's affordable football. Cheap ST [season tickets]."
When supporters demanded the 20% discount we were promised the club said this would harm the club in the transfer market and as such we needed to be milked for every penny, so the discount should not be honoured for the clubs benefit.

Convenient they forget the clubs actions here when retweeting this statement from Bayern Munich. As per usual the actions never live up to the rhetoric.
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

More and more people have been questioning the lack of information from the club, and the move in general.

Pretty sure this has just been thrown out there to convinve people the move is for our good...
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 17 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Under 10s are £115 at present, so £100 at the OS would be doable
paulhs1
Has liked: 1740 likes
Total likes: 1490 likes

Post by paulhs1 »

They'll end up having to pay people £100 a season to sit up in the gods.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2488 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

Pop Robson wrote:Under 10s are £115 at present, so £100 at the OS would be doable
Exactly my thought, so at least one adult has to pay full price to accompany kids.

I'm not necessarily knocking the club but recently the word "family" has been inserted, which makes me think that there will be family offers rather than cheap tickets for adults.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin

Hampshire Hammer wrote: I'm not necessarily knocking the club but recently the word "family" has been inserted, which makes me think that there will be family offers rather than cheap tickets for adults.
I may have mentioned this previously .I'll check my notes... :lol:

In fairness , good news for some and good luck to them if it happens .

However I did point out some time ago that in my opinion those paying top dollar now are very likely to end up paying top dollar at the Athletics stadium .

Time will tell .