Karen Brady before the Lords

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Re: Karen Brady before the Lords

Post by Rocketron »

Doesn't she spell her name with 2 rs?
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

"I know some people on here are misogynistic, but I never thought I would see them all gather in one thread![/quote]

Ah the old "if you don't think the sun shines out of Bradys arse you're a misogynist" line .

Of course.[/quote]

I really do not think your opinion of KB is misogynistic in any way PP and I do think you have very good grounds to dislike her personally due to her comments to you etc.

But I do believe there have been some misogynistic comments on here from others??

IMO in many ways she is just a mouthpiece for the two owners?? (is this in itself a misogynistic comment??!!) LOL :fsake:
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

Rocketron wrote:Doesn't she spell her name with 2 rs?
What 'Brrady'? Sounds very unlikely. Or could be the front & back Rs out of which the sun supposedly shines?
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

For some reason I can't quite put my finger on I don't trust Lady Brady. It's difficult to see what she has contributed to whu that entitled her to £1.6m not long after we suffered a £25m loss on relegation.

In order to try and get a more balanced view of her I have been reading her biography which is written for women. After a couple of dull opening chapters where we learn about her upbringing - including a tale of her walking into school on the first day and pulling a boy off of a seat that was 'hers' - we get to the more interesting stuff about Birmingham. Nobody will deny they were in the poo when Sullivan acquired them. However Karren's description of how she personally turned them into a brand reads like she was doing things no other club was - when most clubs went through a massive revolution fuelled by limited England success at Italia 90, a new desire to wear club shirts, the advent of the internet and massive new TV contracts.

Credit where it is due, Karren does claim to be the pioneer of kids for a quid and other family based initiatives. But it was a claim that this resulted in a 38,000 sell out in the Anglo American Cup v Genoa that had me doubting her stats. Wiki says the crowd was 20,430.

I think Karren would make an ideal politician.

A few chapters to go yet.
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

Anglo-Italian cup (obviously). Der