20 minute walk from the station..?!?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

BMLGirl
Has liked: 167 likes
Total likes: 63 likes

Re: 20 minute walk from the station..?!?

Post by BMLGirl »

gavrosh wrote:
There's a mobility scooter station half way toward the stadium. Next time get your dad on that. I had to use one during the Olympic as I'd just snapped my cruciate and it was good fun.
Thanks for the info, think we'll have to use it - he's getting slower and slower!
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Bad news for anyone who was thinking of parking on the back streets of Stratford on event days including West Ham games. I live 15 minutes walk from Stratford station and we have a residents parking zone (RPZ) where non-residents have to pay to park.

The RPZ hours for events days will be extended to 8am-9pm. Initially it will be an 18 month trial but I think it will end up being permanent. It starts with the 1st RWC game on 23rd September.
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

I currently drive from Hutton, Brentwood and park in streets surrounding stadium and each walk is a 15min walk, add to this a 40min drive and in excess at times of 30mins getting out of UP area after matches my current journey back is 1hr 25min.

Just had my RS appt and the walk from home to Shenfield will be 20mins, train was 15mins to Stratford, and station to OS will be a 15min general paced walk to my entrance in OS East stand, so that is 50mins, even if I had to wait 30mins to get on train on way back means I would do it it about 1hr 20min, 5 minutes quicker :scarfer:

Only downside is that it will cost more training it than driving, but at least I can have a few extra beers before the match, subject to finding a good watering hole that is.
Yea Why Not
Location: Chips & Gravy you say? Well you can shove that up your ass

Post by Yea Why Not »

hammers1954 wrote:Bad news for anyone who was thinking of parking on the back streets of Stratford on event days including West Ham games. I live 15 minutes walk from Stratford station and we have a residents parking zone (RPZ) where non-residents have to pay to park.

The RPZ hours for events days will be extended to 8am-9pm. Initially it will be an 18 month trial but I think it will end up being permanent. It starts with the 1st RWC game on 23rd September.

Well I suppose they have to claw some money back somehow...
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Yea Why Not wrote:
Well I suppose they have to claw some money back somehow...
I might agree normally, but the roads round where i live are always packed with people parking who attend the local college and Westfield. This is genuinely an attempt to ensure residents have a place to park who, by the way don't have to pay.