Karren Brady - Talksport

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hxhammer
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Re: Karren Brady - Talksport

Post by hxhammer »

I'd give her one
Exiledin cardiff
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 56 likes

Post by Exiledin cardiff »

Unless she's on there to explain that the additional costs are a result of us going to pilot safer standing in the stadium,
What she has achieved is worthy of admiration but where I think she fell down was the manner she achieved it, ie so called consultation when the agenda was already set such as the move,the club badge, the away supporters fund, if she was just open and honest with supporters , I think we would see things in a different light,
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2490 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

hxhammer wrote:I'd give her one
Out of ten or out of twenty?
jevs
Has liked: 472 likes
Total likes: 303 likes

Post by jevs »

I think im the only person on here who likes Ms Brady :D
Hammerted
Has liked: 64 likes
Total likes: 37 likes

Post by Hammerted »

kitthehammer wrote:Seeking approval through petty name calling only shows an inability to debate, probably through a lack of knowledge, seeking approval and an inability to question what you are or not being told to say and think.
Everything that has anything to do with the OS has been debated ad nauseam and generally disintegrates into a barrage of personal abuse aimed at Ms Brady.
Pop Robson wrote:And why shes on the radio, as tv can't show people talking out of their arse till after the watershed
NorthBankAlliance wrote:Hate every fiber of this ***** being, club murderer...
The above are two of the first replies in this thread. Neither debate anything said by Karren, but are merely further examples of vitriolic abuse. I'm tired of it. It serves no purpose. Either offer something meaningful or shut up.
Hammerted

Post by Hammerted »

BrownFatwa wrote:wonder if she'll comment on the rumnoured £15m cost over-runs already for the OS building works?
Didn't the report state that the overspend would be met by savings made in other areas of the project?
NorthBankAlliance

Post by NorthBankAlliance »

Hammerted wrote:The above are two of the first replies in this thread. Neither debate anything said by Karren, but are merely further examples of vitriolic abuse. I'm tired of it. It serves no purpose. Either offer something meaningful or shut up.
She's overseen a loss in club values during her tenure here, end of...
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

jevs wrote:I think im the only person on here who likes Ms Brady :D
I'm with you mate, don't think she is open enough with us sometimes but think she's good to have negotiating for us!
I don't think you mess with her & business people respect her now but then I'm still for Sullivan & Gold over a lot of these other owners.
I think we will get to where they want eventually just have to have patience as we haven't got Billions to throw around!
Yes I may be deluded we shall just have to wait & see!
ginghamdress
Has liked: 73 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by ginghamdress »

Hammerted wrote: Didn't the report state that the overspend would be met by savings made in other areas of the project?
I'm not picking on any particular post, but I believe there is an agreed price so the constructors will have to absorb any overspend.
westlondonhammer
Has liked: 1081 likes
Total likes: 1386 likes

Post by westlondonhammer »

She is a businesswoman - which in many people's eyes is the anti-football...

Which traditionally it is...

However since the Premier League was introduced, if you don't have someone making good business decisions you lose Premier League football for good - which isn't in the best interests of the club and owners even if some fans would happily take it if it meant things were different.

She makes decisions which are in the best interest of the club and doesn't pretend to be one of us - not decisions in the best interests of the fans. Sometimes those decisions spill over into impacting fans - which is why there is so much animosity.

Whoever is in her position will always be up against it when their priorities are different from the supporters - but if their priorities were different they probably wouldn't be doing a good job. Nobody will ever know the real impact of her role (except G&S) nor will they ever show any appreciation - but I doubt she gives a toss.
Hammerted

Post by Hammerted »

ginghamdress wrote:I'm not picking on any particular post, but I believe there is an agreed price so the constructors will have to absorb any overspend.
Yeah, it was in Cockers' round up yesterday:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... e-15m.html

"The London Legacy Development Corporation is confident that the increase will be covered by savings elsewhere and is intending to hold contractors Balfour Beatty to its fixed-price contract."
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Perfectly put westlondonhammer more eloquently than I could! :thup:
BrownFatwa
Total likes: 23 likes

Post by BrownFatwa »

Balfour's will dispute it I expect, as merely the tenant we should be ok ...but you just know dont you.......
mushy
Has liked: 652 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

BrownFatwa wrote:Balfour's will dispute it I expect, as merely the tenant we should be ok ...but you just know dont you.......
If Brady was doing her job properly then I would expect nothing less then a water tight contract including a fixed price for the rebuild.
What worries me slightly is this bit about making savings elsewhere.
Any savings made should in no way effect the end product that we have agreed on.
I wonder what these savings are.
Fuertehammer
Formerly Ironwerx

Post by Fuertehammer »

NorthBankAlliance wrote:She's overseen a loss in club values during her tenure here, end of...
Whilst you stomping around the forum like a misanthropist, and probably doing the same in the ground, spitting venom at all and sundry, is just the very epitome of West Ham values, right?

Physician heal thyself.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Pop Robson wrote:And why shes on the radio, as tv can't show people talking out of their arse till after the watershed
Hammerted wrote: The above are two of the first replies in this thread. Neither debate anything said by Karren, but are merely further examples of vitriolic abuse. I'm tired of it. It serves no purpose. Either offer something meaningful or shut up.
You need to practice quoting people before telling them what to do

Btw I can't stand her

So back to talksport was she on or not ?
Hammerted

Post by Hammerted »

Pop Robson wrote:You need to practice quoting people before telling them what to do

Btw I can't stand her
My humble apology Pop, it was of course sicknote, not you.

I don't have a problem with people disliking others or what they stand for, it's the unnecessary practice of slagging off someone, in this case KB, at every opportunity just for the sake of it which I find tedious.

I enjoy a debate as much as the next guy, but the earlier comments were not relevant to the issue raised in the thread, as I said before just vitriol.

Anyway, sorry mate.
EvilC
Location: In the street as the cold wind blows, in the ghetto...
Has liked: 2653 likes
Total likes: 1196 likes

Post by EvilC »

westlondonhammer wrote:She is a businesswoman - which in many people's eyes is the anti-football...

Which traditionally it is...

However since the Premier League was introduced, if you don't have someone making good business decisions you lose Premier League football for good - which isn't in the best interests of the club and owners even if some fans would happily take it if it meant things were different.

She makes decisions which are in the best interest of the club and doesn't pretend to be one of us - not decisions in the best interests of the fans. Sometimes those decisions spill over into impacting fans - which is why there is so much animosity.

Whoever is in her position will always be up against it when their priorities are different from the supporters - but if their priorities were different they probably wouldn't be doing a good job. Nobody will ever know the real impact of her role (except G&S) nor will they ever show any appreciation - but I doubt she gives a toss.
She makes decisions that are in the best interests of the shareholders - they are a different (albeit linked) entity to the club.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

west ham15 wrote:She is on talksport some point this morning
I like her myself...
What did she say??
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes