New stadium - Atmosphere. Wheres everyone sitting?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Re: New stadium - Atmosphere. Wheres everyone sitting?

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Knighter10WHU wrote:I saw on Twitter the other day that Man City home supporters are getting virtually 80-90% of the lower tier (next to away fans) behind the goal at the Etihad from next season onward, partly thanks to the 1894 group. Frustrating that we do not have a similar group at WHU fighting to save our atmosphere tbh.
I think City have realised fans are the 12th man sometimes and have welcomed ideas to improve the atmosphere. The 1894 group aren't everyone's cup of tea but they've liaised with the club and understand compromise.

Also, away attendances are reducing so it's fair enough to move some of them up to the third tier. They'll be higher but narrower and presumably sell tier by tier to ensure an unsold tier can be handed back to home fans.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

harry monk wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but can't find anything on it... Has anyone heard which ends we'll likely be shooting towards in 1st / 2nd halves at the OS or will we simply have to wait until the first match? I currently sit in the BML and like having us shoot towards me in the 2nd half
By the sound of it one end behind the goal will be away fans, so I would expect the team to follow convention and try to attack the goal the other end in the second half.
BMorris

Post by BMorris »

I purchased my seat on Friday. I'll be in row 29 of the lower tier in the 1966 seats.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

BMorris wrote:I purchased my seat on Friday. I'll be in row 29 of the lower tier in the 1966 seats.

Another upgrade I presume ?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

South Stand Corner, rough guesstimate where the away are meant to be going