New seats, Olympic Stadium

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

New seats, Olympic Stadium

Post by Up the Junction »

Here's some prototypes of the seats for the Olympic Stadium.

Which colour do you prefer?

hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Re: New seats, Olympic Stadium

Post by hammers92 »

Is it not possible to have all three? If co-ordinated properly that could look really smart
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Padded seats for the lower tier ?
They won't be cheap. :wink:
The claret looks good there but how about after a couple of years ?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The normal seats are all plastic, so these padded ones are for the Club London area.
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

gavrosh wrote:The normal seats are all plastic, so these padded ones are for the Club London area.
Yes these are the Club London ones as far as I am aware. This is what they told me when I went for the corporate packages that these seats would be in the middle tear.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Not a huge surprise, but it'd be good to see some blue in there after the stadium renders shown so far only show white and claret.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

There the ones in the westfield reservations migration shop
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

Pop Robson wrote:There the ones in the westfield reservations migration shop
Yeah they've been there for ages while all the corporate sales are done. I would be very surprised if they are used for general seats. Normally the corporate seats are padded and general seats are just the usual plastic ones. The lady at my appointment said that they were for corporate lounge seats.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Where the seats comfy ? Was the view good ?

Was the prices acceptable ?

We all wanna know !
whufcmarc

Post by whufcmarc »

Pop Robson wrote:Where the seats comfy ? Was the view good ?

Was the prices acceptable ?

We all wanna know !
Seats were obviously comfy compared to the plastic ones at the Boleyn. Just can't see them changing all the seats in the ground to these seats when they have previously said it would cost anywhere up to £5 million to replace the seats to claret and blue and they would rather spend that on players.

It's hard to say about the view because the software that they use only has a empty playing field. It would be a lot better if they had put some players or a ball at the very least on the pitch so that you could get a reasonable idea of what it would look like. It's going to be hard to judge until they let us sit in the seat for the first time. Then everyone can have their opinions on the view. Some will like it some won't, but we can't please everyone. From the view of the seat that I've selected the view looks good but then I prefer to be slightly higher up.

Price wise I can only comment on the 3 lounges that were for sale when I went. They have opened up other lounges since then but they will be cheaper than the ones that I saw I would have thought. The 3 that were available when I went were 1 Gold lounge called "The Forge" and 2 Platinum lounges called "The Arnold Hills Lounge" and "Royal East". The platinum lounges had very few available seats to chose from. They were either sold on on hold already. I think the lady said that there was 300 places in each of the platinum lounges. It is quite expensive to be honest. Especially that you have to pay an up front fee for 3 seasons and then you pay a monthly fee as well. For the more expensive platinum lounge you are looking at just under £5000 a season after the initial up front fee. Whether this is acceptable will only become clear when we are in the stadium and see the view and the lounges and the food etc. If you look at it on a per game basis, if you have 2 home games in a month you are looking around £200 a game.
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

"Stand up, if you love West Ham"
Up the Junction
Thinks he owns the place
Has liked: 748 likes
Total likes: 3446 likes

Post by Up the Junction »

Joe Public are unlikely to be given upper and lower padded seats which is why I referred specifically to the colour - more's the pity.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Seats at the emirates are padded?? Are they not?
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

id have all three , but then again i'll probably be standing in front of mine as a do at upton park
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

likemydreams wrote:id have all three , but then again i'll probably be standing in front of mine as a do at upton park
Indeed, I have no interest in the colour or padding on my seat as I have no intention of sitting in it. I expect to stand for 90 minutes as I do now. Most important aspect of seat design is how easy it is to hang my coat on the back when it gets warm.
The Boleyn Hound

Post by The Boleyn Hound »

Gep wrote:Seats at the emirates are padded?? Are they not?
Yes they all are.

I hope they use a random selection of colours in the club London area - so that the area doesn't look empty on 60 minutes when they're still quaffing their champagne.
Smudger1
Has liked: 17 likes

Post by Smudger1 »

[quote="brownout]

Indeed, I have no interest in the colour or padding on my seat as I have no intention of sitting in it. I expect to stand for 90 minutes as I do now. Most important aspect of seat design is how easy it is to hang my coat on the back when it gets warm.[/quote]

whilst I agree, there in starts the first fight/arguement at the OS; under the current migration policy you are going to get those who stand and those who sit; indeed need to sit, like my old man; in the same block
Ben
Location: Overdue warning for being a twat on the rumours thread
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Post by Ben »

Gep wrote:Seats at the emirates are padded?? Are they not?
And mk dons I think!
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

UTJ, Are these seats actually going to be in the stadium then? I thought we was keeping the black & white
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

These are corporate seats that go into some of the west stand. The other seats will remain plastic. About half of those (40,000) are white so it would mainly involve swapping the black seats into the areas that would be closed off for football to achieve the all white seats that are in the clubs renders. To add a bit of claret sndd blue, the club have talked about seat covers, or they could stop being tight and shell out for a few seats.