naming rights

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

spyinthesky

Re: naming rights

Post by spyinthesky »

Rays Rock wrote:Naming rights proceeds will not be received by the club Initially.
The clubs share will be offset for a time period until our full contribution toward the conversion is met. This timescale is still unknown due to the unknown income of the naming rights.
Once this threshold has been met, the club can legally receive it's agreed share of the rights, as it will have contributed an amount sufficient to avoid state aid criticism.
Estimate time scales for reaching the threshold obviously depend on what rights deal is signed. somewhere between 7-10 years was the original estimate based upon incomes at other stadia.
Makes total sense. One has to be careful when it is said that 'the club have no control over who is given the Stadium naming rights' (at least initially) not to confuse it with 'the club have no right to a proportion of the naming rights at any stage'. Those with different motives will emphasise each argument as far as they can to give the sense of the other to suit their needs.
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Something I've been wondering about in regards to this naming rights malarkey.

What would happen if LLDC got a sponsor for the stadium that was a direct conflict with our club sponsor? Say for example, it became know as The Skybet Stadium?

Would that then affect our sponsorship deal with Betway, reducing the value of it?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

It was for this reason amongst others that I was so surprised that the club signed such a long terms deal as they did. Showed significant lack of foresight in my view.
trick88

Post by trick88 »

Just saw on the OS's wiki page that the naming right may be nothing to do with our sponsors at all..
Stadium naming rights
The naming rights to the stadium are being sold by the London Legacy Development Corporation, who were expected to announce a deal at the end of 2014. However, due to a delay in February 2015 it was revealed that no announcement would be made before the Rugby World Cup and would not take effect until 2016
So it is due to be named next year, i fear for the worse. Etihad, Emirates already taken over two of the newer stadiums in English football. Qatar Airways Arena, Air Arabia Stadium.
E13nutter

Post by E13nutter »

City's owners have already brought parts of the Olympic Village along with masses of central Londons buildings and properties.the Family buys up huge amounts of property in all the major capitals of the world As advisors have warmed that oil reserves only have a limited time left and the fact that technology will over take the need to use today's percentage at least in the western world.As for naming rights of the OS what was Karen Brady early job Ya that right she sold advertising space that's the reason the OS will have a wraparound LED Digital displaying set up this will be unique in the UK and will command extremely high rental.KB would have been licking er lips at such a prospect of negotiating David Gold David Sullivan AKA Westham as much percentage as possible this as a extremely intelligent successful business woman so hoping she's negotiated the deal also includes all or some non Match Day advertising for West Ham United well London ain't it..I'd lov red bull to sponsor us long term then buy us lock stock...
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Looks like you've drunk too many of em.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2905 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

-DL- wrote:Something I've been wondering about in regards to this naming rights malarkey.

What would happen if LLDC got a sponsor for the stadium that was a direct conflict with our club sponsor? Say for example, it became know as The Skybet Stadium?

Would that then affect our sponsorship deal with Betway, reducing the value of it?
The club would I am sure have a right of veto providing there are reasonable grounds to do so .
-DL-
Bag Man
Has liked: 837 likes
Total likes: 4958 likes

Post by -DL- »

Probably the longest wait for a reply in Kumb history right there ^^^^ :D