Rush Green training ground

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Rush Green training ground

Post by War Pony »

Unsure if General Discussion is the correct place for this thread, but is anyone aware of any future plans for this site?

I found this thread - but I have not heard anything since the aquisition of the olympic stadium

https://www.westhamtillidie.com/posts/2 ... rush-green

Chadwell Heath training ground looks dreadful and moving forward, surely there must be plans in place to move from here to Rush Green.
a86

Re: Rush Green training ground

Post by a86 »

West ham will move from Chadwell Heath training ground.

The 25 year lease that was signed in 1991 expires end of next season. West Ham currently pay Glaxo Smith Kline £1 a year with an option to buy the land for £249,999.00 plus potential value (value including gym, changing rooms etc etc) in 2016.

West Ham we're tempted to buy it and sell it on to a developer, but there was a small pocket of land causing a problem.

Rush Green is "known" to be an academy only training facility, however I reckon this could change and have the senior team based there. a logical solution would be that the senior team would be based in Stratford on the Olympic park using the facilities there. if you look on the original 3Ds of the Olympic stadium, there was a shot of where the new club shop will be AND a training pitch...

David Gold has said there would be no chance of this happening on twitter... however he did tell us to not go to bed as we've signed someone.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

a86 wrote:West ham will move from Chadwell Heath training ground.

The 25 year lease that was signed in 1991 expires end of next season. West Ham currently pay Glaxo Smith Kline £1 a year with an option to buy the land for £249,999.00 plus potential value (value including gym, changing rooms etc etc) in 2016.

West Ham we're tempted to buy it and sell it on to a developer, but there was a small pocket of land causing a problem.

Rush Green is "known" to be an academy only training facility, however I reckon this could change and have the senior team based there. a logical solution would be that the senior team would be based in Stratford on the Olympic park using the facilities there. if you look on the original 3Ds of the Olympic stadium, there was a shot of where the new club shop will be AND a training pitch...

David Gold has said there would be no chance of this happening on twitter... however he did tell us to not go to bed as we've signed someone.
It's not a "training pitch" but a community track that will be primarily used by Newham AC and as a warm up for big athletic events. Yes, you could put a football pitch in the middle but doesn't really have all other facilities needed in a PL training ground, certainly not up to a level of the Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea and Southampton training facilities. Personally, I hope the community track 'pitch' is used by a grassroots club like Clapton who currently play at the Old Spotted Dog ground in Forest Gate.

I've no doubt that Rush Green will, in due course, be completely redeveloped as the senior squad trying base.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Rush green is still very small in comparison to modern training facilities. Itd be better suited to the academy, as its relatively easy to get to for kids and their families. The players would probably prefer something closer to Chigwell.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 175 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I don't think we'll be getting an upgrade on what we've got until the Daves sell the club.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

So is Chadwell Heath available for circa £250k once the lease is up?

I'd happily buy it to find out what an Ancient Indian burial ground looks like. I have no doubt there is one hidden underneath that bumpy field.