Bondholders seat selection april appointments

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

'Ammer'Ead

Re: Bondholders seat selection april appointments

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

Sorry if I wasn't clear. A bondholder can take an apparently unlimited group of other season ticket holders with them to their appointment. However, presumably each of those can take two new tickets and presumably it is perfectly easy for one of the group to take more than two if someone else in the group does not use their entitlement.

Perhaps queue jumping is the best description.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

So a bondholder could take 10 band 4 season ticket holders and upgrade to band 1 or 1966 seats before anyone else has had a chance....
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

I couldn't say for certain because we did not have that scenario. However, I am almost certain that would be the case.

My scenario was:

1. Adult Season Ticket (Bond) holder in band 1 of East Stand Upper - No Stratford season ticket purchased but bondholder seat booked (a no cost option to reserve an identified seat which can then be purchased not later than two weeks before a game)

2. Adult Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Upper - Adult season ticket purchased

3. Adult Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Lower - Adult season ticket purchased

4. Adult Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Lower - Adult season ticket purchased

5. Adult Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Lower - Adult season ticket purchased

6. Adult Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Lower - Adult season ticket purchased

7. Child Season Ticket holder in band 1 of East Stand Lower - Child season ticket purchased

8. New adult season ticket purchased

9. New child season ticket purchased

Eight tickets (in two unlinked blocks of four) bought from one bond holder appointment
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

MD_HM wrote:So a bondholder could take 10 band 4 season ticket holders and upgrade to band 1 or 1966 seats before anyone else has had a chance....
Yep, I reckon they'd sell 1966 seats to anyone that wants to buy, it's all all selling as many as possible as quick as possible.

Grouping
You can group together with fellow Season Ticket Holders by adding group members to your registration. You will be able to do this from early May 2015.

Before forming your group please select a Lead Booker who will manage the registration for the group. Please note Season Ticket Holders currently in different price bands are also welcome to group at the new Stadium, but will be required to group with the individual in the highest band and can only select seats in that band.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

How many bond holders do we have?
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

About 700 .The exact number used to be on the old website .
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Thanks PP
Therefore with the multiple invites from bond holders a lot of prime seats will be taken before general band 1 tickets are up for selection, I assume we have bond holders in different bands at Upton park, can these bond holders plus guests now select in lower price bands also selecting the prime seats.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Pop Robson wrote: Please note Season Ticket Holders currently in different price bands are also welcome to group at the new Stadium, but will be required to group with the individual in the highest band and can only select seats in that band.
Therefore the more band 4 season ticket holders upgrade the more choice those left in band 4 will have.

Which is why they are keeping quiet about where band 4 is .......very suspect.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

taffhammer wrote: Therefore the more band 4 season ticket holders upgrade the more choice those left in band 4 will have.

Which is why they are keeping quiet about where band 4 is .......very suspect.
It's all getting a bit nauseating now.

All I really want to know is whether I'll be able to get a season ticket in the lower tier behind the goals as I currently do
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Aztec Hammer
Season tickets are only being sold behind one goal, if these seats are made band 3 then I would imagine season ticket holders in band 4 will have to relocate to upper tier seating.
Hopefully soon the club will release the banding plans of the stadium, they have released the prices so surely must know where these seats are.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

e10hammer wrote:Aztec Hammer
Season tickets are only being sold behind one goal, if these seats are made band 3 then I would imagine season ticket holders in band 4 will have to relocate to upper tier seating.
Hopefully soon the club will release the banding plans of the stadium, they have released the prices so surely must know where these seats are.
Thank you for the info.

So in essence, this positive spin about season ticket discounts is actually completely false in the context of wanting to sit in a comparative area at the new stadium than currently? Extremely disappointing.

On another note, I play football at Power League Fairlop every Sunday with a bunch of schoolmates that are now in their early-mid 20s. Two of them (both Man United fans) told me they had already signed up to the waiting list for the £289 season tickets. When I asked about supporting West Ham, they said of course they would but when they play Man United, they're not sure... Also said that if they bought a couple of season tickets between their mates, they would rotate usage. None of these lads are West Ham fans but they all say they have a soft spot for us.

Seems the backs of upper tier could be full of this type. On one hand, I think it's promising because younger generations will be turned towards West Ham over time but on the other, I think it's a disgrace that Man United/Arsenal games could have pockets of support against us, in our own home stadium.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

e10hammer wrote:How many bond holders do we have?
808 Bonds were sold but who knows how many are still used, Pinkys 700 is probably a good bet nowdays?
:crest:
ANTKB

Post by ANTKB »

A mate of mine is a bondholder and was told that they could get 2 additional seats, he called them today to check if he could get additional seats and the answer was 'no'.
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

If people want more than two they will just invite another season ticket holder or two to attend as part of their group and agree to use theirs! They won't be asked any questions and they won't even have to sit together if the group can't agree seats collectively.
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:Aztec Hammer
Band 4 must be behind the goal as we were promised comparable seats.
spuds

Post by spuds »

Does anyone actually know which bands will be where yet?

Surely this must've been explained to the Bondholders who've already attended so I do agree that it's slightly suspect (to say the least!) that the club haven't released this info' already.
spuds

Post by spuds »

brownout wrote:Band 4 must be behind the goal as we were promised comparable seats.

You're quite possibly right mate and they certainly should be but probably actually will be "Upper Tier" I'd imagine??
leveller

Post by leveller »

brownout wrote:Band 4 must be behind the goal as we were promised comparable seats.
I have been thinking about this and from the planning application here http://planningregister.londonlegacy.co ... -36147.pdf they are going to put the away fans behind the goal in the upper tier and lower tier. The club have effectively stated that no season tickets will be sold in the 15% away fans zone shown in the PDF:
official-site wrote:Season Ticket seats will not be offered in any sections of the new Stadium which will potentially be affected by the allocation of visiting supporters, even for domestic cup games.
15% of 54000 = 8100. And again from those planning applications the 15% / 8100 zone would appear to consist of the entire upper tier and lower tier behind one of the goals and also a tiny adjacent section of a side stand. So basically the size of the stand behind that goal must be about 8000. Assuming that the other end is the same that means 8000 for an upper and lower tier of which they must fit the entirety of the 6000 currently in the BML and the 1500 odd in the TBL into the lower tier. Would seem like it's going to be a tight squeeze at the very least.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Leveller
And don't forget the 1300 band 4 seats in the TB upper our family stand where ticket holders have good views at the moment,will they get comparable seats?
leveller

Post by leveller »

e10hammer wrote:Leveller
And don't forget the 1300 band 4 seats in the TB upper our family stand where ticket holders have good views at the moment,will they get comparable seats?
Are they band 4 as well? I didn't realise. They may get 1300 into the upper tier behind the goal although it's hard to tell. The corners of the West Stand which I forgot about are band 4 and could be more of an issue since they could have to also cram those behind the goal unless they make the ends of the side stands band 4. I wish they would just tell us FFS, why the secret?