Bondholders seat selection april appointments

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Re: Bondholders seat selection april appointments

Post by MD_HM »

Did they officially say bondholders can have as many as they like or was it suppose to be only two?
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

No suggestion at all of any limit and I was encouraged to bring a group when fixing my appointment. Bondholders just give names of who is attending with them but they seem happy to register extra names on the day when there.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 52 likes

Post by Rocketron »

There are only 19000 seats in the lower tier, if I remember correctly.
If bond holders and current Band 1 STH's can buy more than 1 seat, this surely means anyone else will be in the upper tier.
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

hammerdivone

Post by hammerdivone »

That's not far off being the view from our seats :thup:
stevejos13

Post by stevejos13 »

thanks ammer head for your pictures they r a great help-you did nt think upper tier ones were any good due to 1966 seats
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

To be honest we focused on the lower tier as that is what we have at present and we are happy with it. You are heading into the 40s to get behind the 1966 and I'm in row 17. For me there was no need to gain on height but lose on distance. To be honest, a few more rows back would have been nice (ie in the 1966) but they don't do concession seats there and we have two of the £100 kids seats in our group.
Si the Pie

Post by Si the Pie »

In two seperate emails and in the phone they told me I could only add up to three season tickets so they must have their reasons I guess. I only wanted the two extras anyway. I'm 19 rows from the front of the East lower. There's an aisle Seat on the halfway line and then I have the next three in to the left hand goal. So in close to some of you. I'm happy to post a photo too if someone can tell me how
spuds

Post by spuds »

After all the talk about people not renewing their season tickets at the new stadium I can see only 'nosebleed' seats being left by the time it gets to my sons and I who are currently in Band three! :cry:
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

spuds wrote:After all the talk about people not renewing their season tickets at the new stadium I can see only 'nosebleed' seats being left by the time it gets to my sons and I who are currently in Band three! :cry:
In my experience you just need to keep in touch with the Stratford centre. Immediately they start fixing appointments for band 3 you want to pester them to get you an early slot. They will probably have allocated you a provisional date but no harm in trying to bring it forward. Don't wait for them to call you. They say they are doing it by proximity to the half way line but my case does not bear that out. The seat next to ours (my uncle's) had a call and we (my dad) had none nearly a week later so we chased them. Both were bond holders with an identical history and consecutive client reference numbers. If we missed the call then they had made no attempt to chase it.
'Ammer'Ead

Post by 'Ammer'Ead »

Si the Pie wrote:In two seperate emails and in the phone they told me I could only add up to three season tickets so they must have their reasons I guess. I only wanted the two extras anyway. I'm 19 rows from the front of the East lower. There's an aisle Seat on the halfway line and then I have the next three in to the left hand goal. So in close to some of you. I'm happy to post a photo too if someone can tell me how
You have the equivalent seats to what my family have at Upton Park (they are in the upper tier but I'm in the Chicken Run)!!

Perhaps they are limiting extra purchases to two. In my case they were existing season ticket holders who just came along with a bondholder. The point is to allow groups to stick together. In the event, our group of 8 split into two groups of four as we had slightly different needs.

You have better seats than me but are close. I'm two rows forward and my block of seats run from the next walkway. Very decent seats, I think, although it is very hard to know from what they have shown us. Will not be an improvement on what I have at Upton Park, that's for sure!!

Would be good to see your view. If you upload the photo to a free hosting site (I used photobucket) and paste in the IMG link they give you it should work ok.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

You Plus Two

As an existing Season Ticket Holder you have the benefit of applying for up to two additional new Season Tickets for the first season in the new Stadium. You will be able to choose the additional seats together at your group Reservation Centre appointment.

https://reservations.whufc.com/seasontickets/renewals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
spuds

Post by spuds »

'Ammer'Ead wrote: In my experience you just need to keep in touch with the Stratford centre. Immediately they start fixing appointments for band 3 you want to pester them to get you an early slot. They will probably have allocated you a provisional date but no harm in trying to bring it forward. Don't wait for them to call you. They say they are doing it by proximity to the half way line but my case does not bear that out. The seat next to ours (my uncle's) had a call and we (my dad) had none nearly a week later so we chased them. Both were bond holders with an identical history and consecutive client reference numbers. If we missed the call then they had made no attempt to chase it.

Thanks for the advice, duly noted and I'll certainly follow it.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

I had a call from the Reservation Centre today to confirm my Bondholder appointment next week. I was advised that while I could reserve my Bondholder seat, as a Band 2 season ticket holder I could not buy a Band 2 season ticket until July. They're only selling band 1 tickets at the moment.

On reflection this does not make sense. A Bondseat cannot be sold as season ticket as the Bond holder has the right to buy the seat on a match-by-match basis. So why the delay?

I'll find out on 6th May
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

That's us sorted. Went for six seats in the 1966 section, block 136.

The guy who helped us said that WHUFC wanted to encourage fans to group together to try to get some atmosphere in the ground. The gooners didn't do this and sold new ST's in 2's and 3's which led to no atmosphere. Personally , I don't recall the Library having much of this before they moved. :|
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

hammers1954 wrote:They're only selling band 1 tickets at the moment.
Can't help with your other questions but from what I could see on my visit these are the blocks they are selling at present, left to right its 138, 137, 136,135,134,133

Didn't get to see the West Stand

The red area is the 1966 Seats

Last edited by Pop Robson on Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Cheers Pop, good info. Quick off the mark like your name sake!
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

Official response from the club today stating bondholders are only being sold a maximum of 2 additional seats per bond...

So are the club lying or the posters stating how many they were allowed to buy? :lol:
Pop Robson

Post by Pop Robson »

MD_HM wrote:Official response from the club today stating bondholders are only being sold a maximum of 2 additional seats per bond...

So are the club lying or the posters stating how many they were allowed to buy? :lol:
Every Bondholders and STH can buy 2 extra seats

On the reservations webpage

https://reservations.whufc.com/seasontickets/renewals" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

I know that's what they have said but unless I'm misunderstood one poster on the previous page suggested they got 8 tickets from just one bondholder?

Also suggested there was a group of 50 with only a handful of bondholders

If they are season ticket holders but friends with the bondholder, are they not jumping the queue and upgrading before their band appointment?