Bondholders seat selection april appointments

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

e10hammer

Re: Bondholders seat selection april appointments

Post by e10hammer »

The queue jumping is what the club wants, the more people that sign up with others to secure a better seat allows them to increase the numbers in the higher bands, a reason why no location of bands have been released, i wouldn't want to be at the back of the band 4 queue.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

It depends how you look at it e10. Band four could be a very good place to be in the queue. All the higher bands and their mates and queue jumpers have picked their seats so the remaining band fours will have about 20k of seats to pick from..... Remember the club cannot say where the band fives are until all band fours have decided..... If it turns out they are really bad then just do one season and then go to band five or bite the bullet and upgrade. There is a reason why the club have dropped the band four price by 23% for the O.S. I think we all know why........
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

AlfieG wrote:It depends how you look at it e10. Band four could be a very good place to be in the queue. All the higher bands and their mates and queue jumpers have picked their seats so the remaining band fours will have about 20k of seats to pick from..... Remember the club cannot say where the band fives are until all band fours have decided..... If it turns out they are really bad then just do one season and then go to band five or bite the bullet and upgrade. There is a reason why the club have dropped the band four price by 23% for the O.S. I think we all know why........
#

Not a chance in hell that there will be 20k band 4s. As has already been pointed out on these pages, the 'comparable view' for band 4s is the ends, and with one end already ruled out for season ticket holders, all band 4s wil be shunted in the north end. The lower part (the retractable part) hold 6,000 and there wont be too much more than that. In other words, the club will be able to seat all current band 4s, but the chance of any friends geting into band 4 seats is very low. Instead they will be offered what remains of the band 1s and 2s.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

AlfieG
I think you are correct that there could be a reason the club have dropped band 4 ticket prices by 23% I think maybe these tickets will be in the upper tiers, I can't see the corners of the upper tiers being band 3 and sought after tickets closer behind one goal being a band cheaper, I will be surprised if any tickets in the lower sections are band 4. Of course the club could release plans and images to put fans concerns at ease.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

gavrosh wrote:
Not a chance in hell that there will be 20k band 4s. As has already been pointed out on these pages, bla bla bla...........
That's not what I said....... Already pointed out by who.... You??

You seem to know a lot more than the club know about this matter....Why is that then?

Is it just speculation or are you really ITK?
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

People may be interested in the following which I posted on Skyscraper City yesterday (6/5/2015)

My appointment tonight was for 7pm and I was over Westfield at 5.40pm about to have a coffee when Natalie from the reservation centre called. She said that they were 'quite' and if I wanted to come in earlier I could. I was there within 5 minutes. So, on the day of your appointment if you call them you might get in earlier.

Before the event I thought it was going to be very much like a high pressured time share sale. Much to my surprise it was me who very much led the conversation. As a Bondholder I got this early appointment. However, it soon became clear that although a Bondholder I could not select a Band 2 seat, which I currently have, because 'these have not been released'. I was told that this was because the final seat configuration had yet to be finalised.

Before my visit I had decided to probably upgrade to Band 1 and that I would be in the East Stand due to its proximity to the bridge near the orbit which is best for me. My current seat is 6 rows from the front in the West Stand lower about half way between the centre circle and goal at the Bobby Moore stand end.

I will have a very similar seat in the east stand at the OS in band 1. I asked how realistic was the virtual reality presentation, it did look good, and was told it was as good as you could get without being there! I asked how far it was from the front seats to the near touchline. I was told the maximum was 20 metres and as you go nearer to the corner flags the closer you get.

I was given two or three options of seat before I made my decision. I had the option to go into the upper and in the west stand, but as I say I had already made up my mind. The views you can get on the VR are extensive I asked for a 360 to see how far I was from the entrance to the block. I asked the question about being sent a picture of the view from my seat. Not possible i was told. When i asked why it was because they didn't want views getting on social media before it all goes public. An own goal this as it only leads to people possibly drawing the wrong (or correct) conclusion. I am afraid I bottled taking a picture as you are rather close to the sales person, who in my case was being very helpful.

I was asked a number of times whether I wanted to bring anyone with me. It was also suggested that as I was buying a band 1 ST I could have my Bondholder seat next to me, in effect having two seats I could use.

Next questions about the wrap and retractable seating. I said a lot of the artists impressions showed a wrap around the stadium, will there actually be one? I was given a very clear YES there will be. I did't go on to ask the type of wrap.

On retractable seating I said I was going to a number of events during the summer and would retractable seating be in place so I could see the view from my seat. Again I was given a clear NO. Very much backing up what most of us have thought for a while.

The seat selection process was overall good. Although I did have have nagging feeling about only band 1 seats being on sale. The sales staff could not have been more helpful and answered all questions clearly. Just one last thing, the stadium seats they have in the reservation centre are hospitality seats!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

gavrosh wrote: The lower part (the retractable part) hold 6,000 and there wont be too much more than that.
There's only 3,000 in the North Stand lower tier.

6,000 down both sides and 3,000 behind each goal.

It's going to be a bit of a rush. I think they should do it on a first come first served basis at the ground like they used to. Anyone else remember the bloke crawling along some piping in the West Side to get FA Semi tickets?