Bondholders seat selection april appointments

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Zuli

Re: Bondholders seat selection april appointments

Post by Zuli »

Are they band 4 as well? I didn't realise. They may get 1300 into the upper tier behind the goal although it's hard to tell. The corners of the West Stand which I forgot about are band 4 and could be more of an issue since they could have to also cram those behind the goal unless they make the ends of the side stands band 4. I wish they would just tell us FFS, why the secret?[/quote]

And where does that leave the Band 3's from behind the goal in the Bobby Moore Upper?
leveller

Post by leveller »

Zuli wrote:And where does that leave the Band 3's from behind the goal in the Bobby Moore Upper?
Yeah another good point! So basically then:
Bobby Moore Stand Capacity: ~9000
Trevor Brooking Stand Capacity: ~3000 (capacity is 6000 but 3000 away fans which don't count)
Total: ~12000
And possibly also the corners of the West Stand.

To get a "comparable seat" in an area of the Olympic Stadium that can't be much bigger than 8000. Maybe they will do it, maybe there's 4000 seats in the TB and BM stands that haven't been sold to season ticket holders. As I said though, going to be a very tight squeeze at the very least.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Zuli wrote:Are they band 4 as well? I didn't realise. They may get 1300 into the upper tier behind the goal although it's hard to tell. The corners of the West Stand which I forgot about are band 4 and could be more of an issue since they could have to also cram those behind the goal unless they make the ends of the side stands band 4. I wish they would just tell us FFS, why the secret?
And where does that leave the Band 3's from behind the goal in the Bobby Moore Upper?[/quote]
We'll be high up in the East and West stands, IMO.
MAC08
Has liked: 42 likes
Total likes: 135 likes

Post by MAC08 »

Went for my appnt today. East Stand upper for me in the 3rd row. Treated myself to a 1966 centre line seat, well if we have to watch crap football then it might as well be with a decent view!
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

MAC08 wrote:Went for my appnt today. East Stand upper for me in the 3rd row. Treated myself to a 1966 centre line seat, well if we have to watch crap football then it might as well be with a decent view!
What was the option for a good view if you didn't go for 1966 seats ?
MAC08

Post by MAC08 »

Personally, I didnt want lower tier, and only looked at upper tier. Band 1 seats were only 2 blocks away and they looked very decent from the front couple of rows. In my opinion seems on par with view from club Wembley, providing you are in the rows of seats in Front of the exits. Didn't bother looking at West Stand as I preferred closer to the station.
Zuli

Post by Zuli »

Rocketron wrote:
And where does that leave the Band 3's from behind the goal in the Bobby Moore Upper?
We'll be high up in the East and West stands, IMO.[/quote]

You think they can get away with charging more for the scraps in the upper tier than prime lower tier seats behind the goal? Be interesting to find out.
spuds

Post by spuds »

MAC08 wrote:Went for my appnt today. East Stand upper for me in the 3rd row. Treated myself to a 1966 centre line seat, well if we have to watch crap football then it might as well be with a decent view!
If it was just me going I'd really fancy a 1966 seat but with two sons to pay for they're outa my league I reckon!

So did you attend as a Bondholder mate or as a Band 1 Season Ticket Holder?
..... Did they give you any ideas of which Price Band will be where?

Did the computer-images give any idea of what 'the gap' will be like once the retractable seats/stand is out?

(I've noticed that this 'minor detail' still seems to be overlooked in many of the online images put out by the club)
MAC08

Post by MAC08 »

Spuds... I went as a bond holder. No sign of any other price bands, sorry. The graphic I saw right at the front of the store showed the gaps, and they looked big.

Being in the upper tier of the North, South and west, the gaps are gonna look weird regardless of how well they try and cover it.

Even with the seats pushed forward behind the goals the front of the seats still looked a fair distance to the pitch. That surprised me a bit as I thought they would be closer to the pitch compared with the other stands along the sides.

Still they will be a lot closer than if they were in athletics mode and a lot closer than behind the goal at the old Wembley
spuds

Post by spuds »

MAC08 wrote:Spuds... I went as a bond holder. No sign of any other price bands, sorry. The graphic I saw right at the front of the store showed the gaps, and they looked big.

Being in the upper tier of the North, South and west, the gaps are gonna look weird regardless of how well they try and cover it.

Even with the seats pushed forward behind the goals the front of the seats still looked a fair distance to the pitch. That surprised me a bit as I thought they would be closer to the pitch compared with the other stands along the sides.

Still they will be a lot closer than if they were in athletics mode and a lot closer than behind the goal at the old Wembley

Thank you for the info' Mac, much appreciated.

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious but why doesn't the gap look so weird on the East side though?
MAC08

Post by MAC08 »

It's only right that I add that the service I received today was great. First I saw a little video although to be fair it had more goal action than stadium graphics! Then with the agent there was a brief overview of the stadium layout before talking about seat selection. my requirements were straight forward enough but it was nice to have a view from my seat, and of my seat I.e. Looking back at it from the lower tier. Nothing was too much trouble and i was delighted with my chosen seat.

I hope everyone gets the choice that they want but I do understand even from today's visit that there will be supporters who will be worse off.
Last edited by MAC08 on Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MAC08

Post by MAC08 »

Spuds.. Because when the seats are pushed forward on the east, the gap will be bridged with more seats to create the "Kop" . So no gap exists between upper and lower tiers compared to the other stands
spuds

Post by spuds »

MAC08 wrote:Spuds.. Because when the seats are pushed forward on the east, the gap will be bridged with more seats to create the "Kop" . So no gap exists between upper and lower tiers compared to the other stands

Aha!! Thank you!!
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

MAC08
where do you sit at upton park now? The reason i ask is as pointed out before on other threads is that the front row seating of the upper tier at the O.S will be about the same distance to the pitch as the back row of the alpari stand at Upton park, i am wondering if distances was mentioned at your appointment and whether you got the impression of distance via the computer screen.
MAC08

Post by MAC08 »

e10. I'm currently in East Upper at UP.

The distance that I am was basing my seat choice on was this. Club Wembley seats for the playoffs.

The seat view that I saw yesterday, looked as good as this IMHO. Edit - I'm more central than this photo and so the gap in the middle will be bigger
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Cheeky I know, but is there a kind hearted Bond holder out there that might be willing to let my migration group club (no pun intended) in with them?

I've got a group of long standing ST holders that are looking to upgrade to Band 1 seats and they are all getting a tad twitchy. I'll take care of all of the admin, so it wouldn't be any overhead on said kind soul.

Not sure if this is the done thing, but don't ask, don't get and all that.

PM me if you can assist. :thup:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Hammerite wrote:Cheeky I know, but is there a kind hearted Bond holder out there that might be willing to let my migration group club (no pun intended) in with them?

I've got a group of long standing ST holders that are looking to upgrade to Band 1 seats and they are all getting a tad twitchy.
watch how much this is going to happen with newbies trying to get in early when we get to band 4 appoinments, hence if your a long term band 4 season ticket holder
with a late appointment in the reservation centre your going to be screwed.
Hainault Hammer

Post by Hainault Hammer »

Hammerite wrote:Cheeky I know, but is there a kind hearted Bond holder out there that might be willing to let my migration group club (no pun intended) in with them?

I've got a group of long standing ST holders that are looking to upgrade to Band 1 seats and they are all getting a tad twitchy. I'll take care of all of the admin, so it wouldn't be any overhead on said kind soul.

Not sure if this is the done thing, but don't ask, don't get and all that.

PM me if you can assist. :thup:
As you say , if you don't ask etc.

I wouldn't be pleased if it happened though . I'm in Band 1 with a group of 5 others who are waiting for the call or e mail to choose our seats and wouldn't be happy if you upgraded in this way first
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

taffhammer wrote: watch how much this is going to happen with newbies trying to get in early when we get to band 4 appoinments, hence if your a long term band 4 season ticket holder
with a late appointment in the reservation centre your going to be screwed.
Agreed, the process stinks and should have been managed differently.

Albeit the majority (not all) of the Band 3's that I sit with have been there for 15 years plus.
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

Hainault Hammer wrote:I wouldn't be pleased if it happened though . I'm in Band 1 with a group of 5 others who are waiting for the call or e mail to choose our seats and wouldn't be happy if you upgraded in this way first
It doesn't make it right, but this approach is going to be rife amongst our fan base, coming out of the ground on Saturday I overheard 3 separate conversations of people discussing clubbing in with Bond Holders and Band 1's to secure better seats.