Your Plus 2 for Stratford

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2436 likes
Total likes: 4292 likes

Your Plus 2 for Stratford

Post by bubbles1966 »

Aren't they the same as the people we've derided for years at Chelsea?

Almost makes me want us to go down next season.
wizzo_66
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 32 likes

Re: Your Plus 2 for Stratford

Post by wizzo_66 »

The queue jumpers.

Getting their seat before thousands of fans who've gone every week for years.
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

I would hope that not many season ticket holders would be inviting 2 extra people to be honest - just seems totally wrong unless maybe if you were bringing your kids along or something like that
one mcavennie

Post by one mcavennie »

A lot of these might be people who have had a season ticket in the past though (but just maybe not in recent years etc)

That aside, they'll be plenty to around won't there?
officeboy
Has liked: 359 likes
Total likes: 125 likes

Post by officeboy »

one mcavennie wrote:A lot of these might be people who have had a season ticket in the past though (but just maybe not in recent years etc)

That aside, they'll be plenty to around won't there?
But it is not fair if you have had a good seat for 20 odd years and someone who doesn't go gets priority over you in picking a good seat
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

one mcavennie wrote:they'll be plenty to around won't there?
:eh:

As has been well documented the Lower Tier only holds 19,000. And the club are giving a large portion of these to Away Fans and 'Club London' members!

Many STH's are going to be forced upstairs, miles away from the pitch:

http://www.kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=152009
Claret&Blue,Thru&
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 14 likes

Post by Claret&Blue,Thru& »

[quote="officeboy"] it is not fair /quote]

Yeah, yeah. But is Karren really a moron or will she be raking in the cash (at least for a year)?
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

If its OK with you, my +1 (queue jumper) will be my brother who was a season ticket holder in the past and due to having to run his small business six days a week has not been as much as he would like.

He is retiring now and will be coming to football with his big bruv again. Happy days. :raver:
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

No its not, much as its great he's coming back i still feel for someone who's been going for the last ten years but chooses his seat after your brother.
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

taffhammer wrote:No its not, much as its great he's coming back i still feel for someone who's been going for the last ten years but chooses his seat after your brother.
You had better go and have a word with the baroness then mate.... She made up the rules..... :wink:
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

As for upper vs lower

The club 1966 seats give you an idea of the best views, they run from about row 20 in the lower to 40 in the upper or something along those lines

Having been there for the Olympics that sounds and looks about right
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

AlfieG wrote: You had better go and have a word with the baroness then mate.... She made up the rules..... :wink:
I'm in the queue.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

All too late lads .

One or two of us warned against the wait and see approach .I specifically said the fans would get shafted .I specifically said that fans who pay top dollar now would have to do so there .

I got slaughtered on this website day after day .

Which part did I get wrong ?
hammers92
Has liked: 317 likes
Total likes: 1748 likes

Post by hammers92 »

the pink palermo wrote:All too late lads .

One or two of us warned against the wait and see approach .I specifically said the fans would get shafted .I specifically said that fans who pay top dollar now would have to do so there .

Why don't you set up a protest group or some kind of opposition forum where fans can come together to express to the club how unhappy they are with aspects of the move so influence change? The whatever it is group at City has been able to influence things and I know that fan groups at Arsenal have been able to influence certain things on a match day at the Emirates. If you feel that strongly about the move and it's very clear you do then why not try and do something about it instead of appearing bitter that you haven't got what you wanted.

I don't mean to take a pop at you but I'm all for the move and always have been. We know the SAB is a load of rubbish and if the fans are truly unhappy then come together to try and force the club to consider some proposals that can make Stratford more inviting for when we go there. Ranting on an Internet forum isn't going to help anyone when maybe you and quite a few others could do something about it
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 758 likes
Total likes: 2937 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

Who's ranting ?

At least one poster on this thread already is one of those who regularly had a pop at me for raising these points before anything was signed at Stratford .

If any posters need to keep their own counsel it's people like that .

Some of us were attending meetings, some of us were leafleting , gathering signatures of STH's .

Wait and see we got told by those who swallowed the Brady fib of affordable football .
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

the pink palermo wrote:All too late lads .

There are 15 posts on this thread, which somes it up really.... Most people are happy so far as the migration thread and those on other websites also confirm.

I didn't think those that pay the highest prices would get cheaper seats; I predicted a new band 5 that would be much cheaper and they delivered... As a bonus they have even reduced all tickets a little

I've always said having sat at the OS the views will be fine unless you have eyesight issues and I've sat in the very last row of what will be the new East Stand

Comparable was a bad choice of words to use as some will talk distance where as the club mean if you sit in row x at the BG in line with the penalty box then that's where you will roughly be offered at the OS but with an option to upgrade if you wish.

Yes there will probably be a thousand or so who sit in the chicken run feel aggrieved as they might have to move over or back/forward from where they sit now; they will still get a good view but it won't be the exact same position as they sit in now.

I agree tenure should have been used as part of the migration policy, but it wasn't I'll get over it.... The same as someone that has to sit 20 seats left or right of where they sit at the BG will.

Given that so far I've only seen 1 negative post regarding the selection of their seat and even then they reposted stating they were now happy after upgrading I think it's a bit early to be attempting "I told you so"

It seems some just can't accept/handle change.... The stadium will be different to the BG and the new generations of fans will probably love it just as much as many love the BG now

It reminds me of your favourite old man pub shutting down and you now have to go a little further up the road and drink in a swanky new wine bar... Some old timers won't like it, their favourite table that they have sat in for the last 20 years has gone etc...
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote: It reminds me of your favourite old man pub shutting down and you now have to go a little further up the road and drink in a swanky new wine bar... Some old timers won't like it, their favourite table that they have sat in for the last 20 years has gone etc...
So people should just put up and shut up ? whats wrong with wanting to get the same view for your money and whats wrong with an old fella being upset his pubs shut down and now he's got to sit in a wine bar ?
Change can be for the better and change can be for the worse, don't be a sheep and do what they tell you.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

MD_HM
I would expect most supporters choosing their seats at present will be pleased with their choice as they are getting the pick of the bunch along with others who may never of had a season ticket before,The problems may start further down the line when the lower bands of which we have thousands who pay band 3 and band 4 prices with very good views get to choose their seats, they may not get the chance to upgrade to a better seat, therefore not only may they find their favourite pub closed,they have also been barred from the wine bar.
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

e10hammer wrote:MD_HM
I would expect most supporters choosing their seats at present will be pleased with their choice as they are getting the pick of the bunch along with others who may never of had a season ticket before,but that's another thread.The problems may start further down the line when the lower bands of which we have thousands who pay band 3 and band 4 prices with very good views get to choose their seats, they may not get the chance to upgrade to a better seat, therefore not only may they find their favourite pub closed,they have also been barred from the wine bar.
pinkys old boys are in band 1 so will get first pick... I'm talking about moaning that you are a few seats along or back despite still having a good seat

I'm not talking about current band 3 & 4, which my opinion the lower tiers will be ok but the upper tiers will be encouraged or will want to move to the east and west corners

I think there will be seats to upgrade to for band 3 & 4 if they want to and its them that will be effected the most...

It's those in band 1 that might have to move over a few rows or complain that the new stadium is bigger I'm referring to
MD_HM

Post by MD_HM »

taffhammer wrote:
So people should just put up and shut up ? whats wrong with wanting to get the same view for your money and whats wrong with an old fella being upset his pubs shut down and now he's got to sit in a wine bar ?
Change can be for the better and change can be for the worse, don't be a sheep and do what they tell you.
Put up and shut up? No but if your seats is 5-10 rows further back then don't be such an old woman...

Same view for money was never really going to work in a much bigger stadium, it's going to be different and we have known since the start that although views will be good they will be further away than your current seat... It's unrealistic to think otherwise

Nothing wrong with the old man being upset and having a moan to his mates, my point is let's not pretend that's everyone else is upset too especially when all feedback and images have been positive so far

Don't really think not being a tart about things is being a sheep... I think things could have been done better and tenure should have been used as it would have improved my choice of seats; however I think I'll get a decent choice of seat still and reality is many will move in the second year anywhere when we work out where the singers will seat.

My seat at the OS will be further away and back than my seat at the BG but I think I'll still have a good view it just won't be exactly the same as now...I can cope with it