Your Plus 2 for Stratford

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Re: Your Plus 2 for Stratford

Post by hadleighhammer »

ironworks41 wrote:What I meant when I was talking about the Luddites was that yes we would still be the best supported club in the Ryman, with crowds of nearly a thousand, but what do you suppose become of the other 30000 fanswho regularly turn up. Who would they go to.
Crowds of nearly 1000 :lol: Sounds like you'd be there aswell so why the drop from 30k+ to sub-1k? What utter *****. To me and many core supporters I'll bet the Ryman League sounds far more fun than a soulless, tourist trap, corporate, plastic bowl. Instead I'm stuck with only doing away games in the future, whilst the Ryman league I'd definitely still have a ST and probably an away one.

I couldn't give a f*** who tose "fans" go to. Why should I? Sounds like passing passive "fans" anyway if they can flit off and support any old club simply because of the stadium and as we're not in the be-all-and-end-all Sky Premier League playing Man City's "Superstars". Would be **** for G&S&Bs investment but I'd rather we stayed as a FC with 30k matchday going supporters rather than 50K+ customers to simply become a profit making investment for a couple of rich owners. f*** that, have a bit of pride in the club rather than bowing down to Murdoch and the Sky Premier League bull****.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 22 likes

Post by clawhammer »

I predict that every single PL game in the new stadium will exceed the (just under) 35000 capacity of the Boleyn. No core support will be lost and a large number of new supporters attracted by the fact that tickets will be easier to get, the easier access and comfort of the stadium will gradually grow the numbers regularly attending. Most of the new supporters will already consider themselves to be West Ham fans.
I also predict that a number of previous naysayers and Luddites will creep back and that in 5 years time we will laugh that they ever existed. On here we will laugh about them a lot sooner.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Of course the crowds will exceed the crowds we get at present when 5000+ tickets per game will be given free to community groups, the same people that were given tickets for man city in the cup and were celebrating when they scored., one reason I suppose along with the away support no season tickets will be sold at one end of the ground upper or lower, the whole end will be away supporters and freebies/neutrals.
ironworks41

Post by ironworks41 »

Hadleigh,
I'm sorry if my point is not getting across to you, I'm not having a pop at the present day supporters.
I'm supposing that if historically we had stayed at the Memorial Ground, where would we have got 30000 supporters from.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

e10hammer wrote:Of course the crowds will exceed the crowds we get at present when 5000+ tickets per game will be given free to community groups, the same people that were given tickets for man city in the cup and were celebrating when they scored., one reason I suppose along with the away support no season tickets will be sold at one end of the ground upper or lower, the whole end will be away supporters and freebies/neutrals.
To be fair Man City in the Cup was not the hottest ticket in town that night. I was there btw!
I think it is unlikely that they will be giving 5000 tickets away for every single game. There were some people who said we would not fill the Boleyn when the seats increased from 26000 to 35000. How wrong can you be?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Clawhammer
I am not sure how set in stone the 100,000 give aways per season are but this is what the club pledged, as the club will not want to give away too many tickets to the cat A games they may well have to give away more than the 5000 tickets per game, some may say give larger amounts away in early cup rounds, but there is no guarantee of home cup ties.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

ironworks41 wrote:Hadleigh,
I'm sorry if my point is not getting across to you, I'm not having a pop at the present day supporters.
I'm supposing that if historically we had stayed at the Memorial Ground, where would we have got 30000 supporters from.
You are having a pop at "Luddites" like me, just not doing a good job.

I was all for the West Ham Parcelforce site football stadium. I was all for knocking the OS down and sharing with Sp*rs so we could have a proper football stadium rather than shoe horned into the "iconic" athletics stadium. I suppose then it wouldn't be "iconic" and wouldn't appeal to the tourists and corporates though. That and the Plus 2 scenario shows for G&S&B and some on here the move is all about the business and nothing to do with the FC or the "core" supporters
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

clawhammer wrote:To be fair Man City in the Cup was not the hottest ticket in town that night.
This was the league game to see City's "Superstars" not the Cup game.
There were some people who said we would not fill the Boleyn when the seats increased from 26000 to 35000. How wrong can you be?
We don't fill it always e.g. the free tickets to random locals to see City's "Superstars".
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

e10hammer wrote:Clawhammer
I am not sure how set in stone the 100,000 give aways per season are but this is what the club pledged, as the club will not want to give away too many tickets to the cat A games they may well have to give away more than the 5000 tickets per game, some may say give larger amounts away in early cup rounds, but there is no guarantee of home cup ties.
With early rounds of the Cups there will be plenty and there will still be far more than the present 35000 attending the PL games.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

hadleighhammer wrote:
There were some people who said we would not fill the Boleyn when the seats increased from 26000 to 35000. How wrong can you be?

We don't fill it always e.g. the free tickets to random locals to see City's "Superstars".
That sounds like an argument to leave the Boleyn!
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

hadleighhammer wrote:[

I was all for knocking the OS down and sharing with Sp*rs
This is where you have lost the argument. Never.Never.Never. :shock:
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

clawhammer wrote:This is where you have lost the argument. Never.Never.Never. :shock:
I'd rather suffer a proper football stadium with them than suffer an Athletics Stadium alone.

Splits all the costs of rent, etc aswell. From a business perspective we should love the idea. And it's all about being a money maiing business isn't it?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified

Post by hadleighhammer »

clawhammer wrote:That sounds like an argument to leave the Boleyn!
You mean giving away free tickets to Man City supporting locals for them to see the "Superstars"? Sounds about right for that place.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

STs still available for the last ever season at the Boleyn Ground, waiting list sorted now on general.

Must be the prices from £825 as all Band 4s sold.

Even the ticket agencies and touts aint buying, what going on :think:
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Hadleighhammer
I stand corrected the man city freebies was the league game and not the cup game.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

hadleighhammer wrote:
I'd rather suffer a proper football stadium with them than suffer an Athletics Stadium alone.

Splits all the costs of rent, etc aswell. From a business perspective we should love the idea. And it's all about being a money maiing business isn't it?
I think you are on your own with that one.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

clawhammer wrote: I think you are on your own with that one.
No he isn't, I agree with just about everything Hadleigh has said.
We needed a purpose built football stadium, I hate so say it but the plans Spurs have look fantastic.
They also have a separate tier for corporates which has been the bedrock off the success for Arsenal.
Our corporates are bunged in with the riff-raff.
If you take into account that the corporate market is the big money spinner and that we are trying to attract floating neutrals to these very seats, it would not surprise me one jot to see a lot of them pissing off up the road to the luxury of the new White Hart Lane once they realise that their pulled pork burger is not quite the same as the Michelin starred food offered at the Lane.
Spurs are doing it better then us once again, our only advantage is location. Not a show stopper in my opinion.
mushy
Has liked: 650 likes
Total likes: 871 likes

Post by mushy »

Pop Robson wrote:STs still available for the last ever season at the Boleyn Ground, waiting list sorted now on general.

Must be the prices from £825 as all Band 4s sold.

Even the ticket agencies and touts aint buying, what going on :think:
Maybe people are not as interested as we thought.
For me it means little, its not the same ground I grew up with, the only constant is the colour of the shirts and a dying breed of fan.
Any sentimentality from myself will have nothing to do with the actual ground itself, more to do with having to move to the athletics stadium.
I can take it or leave it to be honest, I am one of those suckers that goes through habit more then anything else. I still enjoy my day out but the passion for the club and team just ain't there.
Maybe after 50 years of attendance it has finally sunk in that I am being treated like a mug, something that would never have occurred to me all those years ago queuing up for the North bank boys entrance and paying two bob, or whatever it was. It was the best two bob I ever spent back in those days.
MD_HM
Has liked: 35 likes
Total likes: 343 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Rather share with Spurs?

Nah I'd rather sit 10 rows further back.... :lol:
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

MD_HM wrote:Rather share with Spurs?

Nah I'd rather sit 10 rows further back.... :lol:
Me too! I am astonished that anybody on here could seriously suggest it!