Your Plus 2 for Stratford

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Re: Your Plus 2 for Stratford

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote:
Put up and shut up? No but if your seats is 5-10 rows further back then don't be such an old woman...

Same view for money was never really going to work in a much bigger stadium, it's going to be different and we have known since the start that although views will be good they will be further away than your current seat... It's unrealistic to think otherwise
I don't see anyone moaning about being 5 rows away.What people are concerned about is being in band 3 or 4 now and being a long way from having the same view as before. Yes your going to be further from the pitch but its not unresonable with the amount of season ticket holders we have now to be in the same row in the OS as you are in the Boleyn. This would be feasible if they made the bands the same proportional size as now and didn't let people queue jump. Decide what and where the bands are first, let the current season ticket holders choose first then if you are a season ticket holder who wants to take a newbie you choose next. Brady in my opinion has shafted the current most loyal supporters and proof of which is not telling us where the bands begin and end. If your happy with that fair enough but it is a forum to discuss the problems of queue jumpers.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

I agree with with regards to the band 3 & 4 as we do not quite know yet what the views will be like although i guess te lower tiers will be more straight forward like for like.... It's the upper BMS I think have the biggest change and my guess is many will want to or be asked to upgrade to the corners or elsewhere.

We have known for a long time this would be the area with the biggest change due to the layout and distance from the pitch though so it shouldn't come as a shock to anyone.

As for where the bands start.... I think it will match the BG more or less, was told my seat which is about 20 rows back in the West Lower inline with the "D" of the penalty area will still be Band 2 at the OS
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Be nice if they let us know all the details, so much speculation.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

the pink palermo wrote:All too late lads .

One or two of us warned against the wait and see approach .I specifically said the fans would get shafted .I specifically said that fans who pay top dollar now would have to do so there .

I got slaughtered on this website day after day .

Which part did I get wrong ?
The top dollar bit. My seat will be reduced by £100. That is better value. In a more modern stadium. With better access. I guess you won't be there which will be a bummer obviously. Personally, I am looking forward to the move.
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

clawhammer wrote: The top dollar bit. My seat will be reduced by £100. That is better value. In a more modern stadium. With better access. I guess you won't be there which will be a bummer obviously. Personally, I am looking forward to the move.
So you have selected your seat then.... What row and part of the ground are you in?
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

It is Band 3. It will cost £100 less than my current Band 3. I take it that you have selected your seat and am implying that I will have a worse view. Please explain why there has not been an avalanche of complaints from outraged supporters who have selected seats. The feedback from the visitor centre at Stratford seems remarkably good so far. Maybe you are wrong about the view. For sure I am right about the price...which was the point of my post. If I am getting a £100 reduction I am not being asked to pay "top dollar".
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

clawhammer wrote:It is Band 3. It will cost £100 less than my current Band 3.
Not saying it won't be perfect but you haven't been and selected your seat yet ?
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

None of Band 3 have gone yet. We have to wait for Bands 1 & 2 which seems logical. Any speculation about the view is just that. What is undeniable is that I will be paying £100 less. My mate will be getting a first ST for his kid for £99 and that is also undeniable. Has anybody got any facts to back up any criticism? I wnt to Wembley when we played there and that is a big stadium. The atmosphere AND the view were great. The view, as I say, is pure speculation although early reaction from those who have been seems good. The atmosphere is up to us. I remember a great atmosphere when we were 4-0 down in an FA Cup S/F. What we need is more great fans and to get rid of the moaners.
AlfieG
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

clawhammer wrote:It is Band 3. It will cost £100 less than my current Band 3. I take it that you have selected your seat and am implying that I will have a worse view. Please explain why there has not been an avalanche of complaints from outraged supporters who have selected seats. The feedback from the visitor centre at Stratford seems remarkably good so far. Maybe you are wrong about the view. For sure I am right about the price...which was the point of my post. If I am getting a £100 reduction I am not being asked to pay "top dollar".
OK fella, I was just asking....... I didnt comment on the view.

So you havent selected a seat yet but you seem to know that you will be happy with it because it costs less? (I understood band three at the OS was £201 less btw??).

You are going to be very easy to satisfy arent you. The Baroness will be pleased.

However, I will wait to see what peoples opinions are once they have been inside the stadium and seen it in the flesh so to speak before i jump to any conclusions about how 'good' it is. :wink:

Im band 4 btw so it will be a long time before I get to choose......
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

' clawhammer '
Yes you could quite easily end up with a great view and save yourself £100. The point your missing is you haven't been to choose your seats yet and you could end up paying extra because you have to move up a band to get a view almost as good as the one you have now. We don't know where the bands are yet because they won't tell us and you haven't been to choose.You can look at this as moaning or you can take it as advice in advance of your appointment.Those that have been so far are quite happy with what they have as they are paying top dollar and are first to choose.The more +2's they take along the more the bands shift and the less choice you have.Just like your mate taking his kid along (and he's perfectly right to do so ) leaves those in band 4 with less choice.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

As it happens I have been in the Stadium twice already. Excellent but was for Athletics of course.Great atmosphere btw. I will be going in July for Athletics and September for RWC.
What never gets mentioned is the nightmare which is the Boleyn nowadays. Before you start my first game was in 1964 and I have had an ST for 21 years now. I will be as sad as everybody else when the last game comes.
To be sure of a parking place we park at Barking and get the bus in. We walk down from East Ham through an area nothing like we grew up with. In the stadium the toilets are appalling and insufficient and you have to fight your way through to get in and out of them, there is insufficient room for the eaters/ drinkers/gamblers before the game and at half time. Getting away afterwards is so difficult that loads of our "supporters" always leave early.
The only possible criticism is the view. And you don't know. You are speculating. That is all...speculating!!
BTW If I did have to go up a band I would be paying what I pay now. But in a better stadium with more toilets, more food outlets and room to get to all of them. As we are giving out advice can I urge you to save moaning for things which you know are wrong. Look on the bright side, be a half full man as you will be happier with your life.I am the first to have a go when the FACTS dictate...the ST discount as some will remind me...but ffs give it a chance.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

ps The atmosphere at the Boleyn has been **** for years. The OS cannot be worse. Most of the great memories are from years back.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

clawhammer wrote: The only possible criticism is the view. And you don't know. You are speculating. That is all...speculating!!
BTW If I did have to go up a band I would be paying what I pay now. But in a better stadium with more toilets, more food outlets and room to get to all of them. As we are giving out advice can I urge you to save moaning for things which you know are wrong. Look on the bright side, be a half full man as you will be happier with your life.I am the first to have a go when the FACTS dictate...the ST discount as some will remind me...but ffs give it a chance.
I think you take my posts in the wrong context, no offence intended.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

I was not reacting to your posts mate....so none taken :)
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

clawhammer wrote:To be sure of a parking place we park at Barking and get the bus in. .
Where do you plan to park for the OS?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

As I have previously pointed out in the parking thread, the planning applications state that there will be no street parking within a 30 min walk of the stadium and carparks including Westfield's will be introducing a validation of tickets during events, the nearest stations to the stadium pudding mill lane and hackney wick will be exit only after events, Stratford station plan to limit the entrances to the station for event crowds, allowing locals and Westfield shoppers access to transport without joining event queues.
It also states supporters will be encouraged to stay behind to avoid the build up of large queues at Stratford, I think you will still see a large amount of fans leaving early.
brownout

Post by brownout »

e10hammer wrote:As I have previously pointed out in the parking thread, the planning applications state that there will be no street parking within a 30 min walk of the stadium and carparks including Westfield's will be introducing a validation of tickets during events, the nearest stations to the stadium pudding mill lane and hackney wick will be exit only after events, Stratford station plan to limit the entrances to the station for event crowds, allowing locals and Westfield shoppers access to transport without joining event queues.
It also states supporters will be encouraged to stay behind to avoid the build up of large queues at Stratford, I think you will still see a large amount of fans leaving early.
Which is why I asked Clawhammer where he plans to park.
I will be very surprised if it turns out to take less time from seat in stadium to platform on Stratford station than it currently takes us to East Ham.
clawhammer

Post by clawhammer »

25 minutes on the train from Billericay. 2 stops. Drink before and after in Billericay probably. The improved accessibility will be a real boon.
brownout

Post by brownout »

clawhammer wrote:25 minutes on the train from Billericay. 2 stops. Drink before and after in Billericay probably. The improved accessibility will be a real boon.
That's good. I hope more will be switching from car to public transport. Some will gain some will lose on accessibility but I agree that from Billericay Stratford is much easier.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2939 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

clawhammer wrote:It is Band 3. It will cost £100 less than my current Band 3. I take it that you have selected your seat and am implying that I will have a worse view. Please explain why there has not been an avalanche of complaints from outraged supporters who have selected seats. The feedback from the visitor centre at Stratford seems remarkably good so far. Maybe you are wrong about the view. For sure I am right about the price...which was the point of my post. If I am getting a £100 reduction I am not being asked to pay "top dollar".
Clawhammer, your so called lower price will be eroded within 2 years at Stratford , but the shittier view will be yours forever .

Think of all the coffin dodgers currently on the half way line in the East stand , they face a huge price hike for a comparable seat at Stratford, forced to pay full price in the 1966 club .

And btw , I too have been inside the Athletics stadium , and in my opinion the band 3/4 supporters have been sold down the river .