Changing rooms

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

a86

Changing rooms

Post by a86 »

where are the changing rooms located in the stadium?

at upton park the tunnel to the changing rooms are in the middle on the side of the pitch. but other teams tunnels are located elsewhere i.e Man Utd from the corner , Old Wembley behind the goal.
hammers1954

Re: Changing rooms

Post by hammers1954 »

Changing rooms are on the west side of the stadium. Two football (pitch sport) dressing rooms plus others for athletics.

Picture has been posted on here or Skyscraper City of the showers in West Ham dressing room with claret & blue tiling.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

They were designed by Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen.

Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen is the nephew of Jim Bowen.

One or more of those statements may be inaccurate.
James P
Has liked: 28 likes
Total likes: 171 likes

Post by James P »

hammers1954 wrote:Picture has been posted on here or Skyscraper City of the showers in West Ham dressing room with claret & blue tiling.
I understand it was seeing this that actually converted TPP.
a86

Post by a86 »

A plan drawing would be ideal.

I see there was a photoshopped image but didn't really tell where abouts it actually is.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

a86 wrote:A plan drawing would be ideal.

I see there was a photoshopped image but didn't really tell where abouts it actually is.
Too expensive for the club to produce a plan apparently - at least that's the excuse that was given to Pinky at the registration centre.

I sent a twitter message to David Gold asking if the club would produce a scale plan / model if fans paid the £10k it supposedly might cost. He didn't reply.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Hopefully when we play Liverpool, the away team dressing room will be at the Boleyn.
aaronhammer
Has liked: 168 likes
Total likes: 38 likes

Post by aaronhammer »

I got shown some photos of the changing rooms and tunnel area the other day from somebody who works in TV. The changing rooms you'll be pleased to know have claret and blue tiling within them.
a86

Post by a86 »

aaronhammer wrote:I got shown some photos of the changing rooms and tunnel area the other day from somebody who works in TV. The changing rooms you'll be pleased to know have claret and blue tiling within them.
I'm not too fussed about the colour of the actual changing rooms, im more interested in the location and where the players will be coming from. one of the 3d images shows them in the tunnel, but where is it on plan?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Tunnel is in the middle of the west stand.
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

a86 wrote: I'm not too fussed about the colour of the actual changing rooms, im more interested in the location and where the players will be coming from. one of the 3d images shows them in the tunnel, but where is it on plan?
As I said in the first reply in this thread and as Gavrosh said above the players entrance to the pitch is on the west side on the ground. If you want more detail do what I, Gavrosh and many others have done and look at the plans on the LLDC website