Olympic Stadium season tickets set to sell out

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johngray

Olympic Stadium season tickets set to sell out

Post by Johngray »

ExWHUemployee Column: Olympic Stadium season tickets set to sell-out

Good read from the guy whether you believe / like him or not.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/781366973?-19872:788:0

Think i've put this in wrong subject, can it be moved?
RichieRiv
Has liked: 307 likes
Total likes: 803 likes

Re: Olympic Stadium season tickets set to sell out

Post by RichieRiv »

We were told yesterday whilst selecting our seats that they are close to reaching the 15,000 people reserving their ST's when they go on general sale. At 15,000 it will change to a waiting list.

Apparently 25 people a day are registering.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

RichieRiv wrote:We were told yesterday whilst selecting our seats that they are close to reaching the 15,000 people reserving their ST's when they go on general sale. At 15,000 it will change to a waiting list.

Apparently 25 people a day are registering.

Could you clarify slightly what youre saying there? That nearly 15,000 people have paid a tenner to go on the priority list for a ST which will guarantee them a seat and that after there's no guarantee and they join a waiting list? Is that correct?

If so, then at the current run rate of 25% of "plus two's" signing up along with current STH, that would suggest somewhere in the region of 45,000 season ticket holders.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Gavrosh
Members joined a priority waiting list free of charge and recieved a confirmation booking number, non members paid £10 to be on the same waiting list.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

How many of those want a £899 seat, a few fellas in my local gym are on the list for the £289 seats only.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Indeed. It's currently looking incredibly difficult to see where even current band 4s are going given the south lower isn't going to be offered to STH. The band 5 £289 tickets are going to be like rocking horse ****. Until perhaps the club and LLDC agree to increase capacity to 60,000 as is allowed under the current planning permission.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

If the bands keep expanding due to demand, and the band 5's are low in supply where do they plan to house the thousands of freebie community supporters, I think there will be only a very few band 5's on offer and the rest will be freebies, anyone waiting for a cheap season ticket is highly unlikely to actually be able to purchase one.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Indeed which is why the club will I think quite quickly push for the capacity increase. I'd imagine the only problem the LLDC might have will be over crowd dispersion. IMO they will have to allow crowds to access the route out via carpenters road toward Stratford High Street and the Broadway. Under the current plans it is unclear whether this route will be open.
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

£289 seats should sell out easily. It's a brilliant price for those with large outgoings or a reduced income. I also really liked the £10 initiative for Lusitans.

Good stuff considering how unaffordable football is going.
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

You've not really read the whole thread have you jim? The suggestion here is there's not likely to be many if any cheap season tickets at the rate the expensive tickets are selling!
btajim - mcfc
There when they were sh*t
Has liked: 72 likes
Total likes: 440 likes

Post by btajim - mcfc »

Georgee Paris wrote:You've not really read the whole thread have you jim? The suggestion here is there's not likely to be many if any cheap season tickets at the rate the expensive tickets are selling!
If fans have missed out on season tickets in popular areas over the years then they'll stump up the cash once they're available. Getting a foot in the door is important.

We've had a huge relocation window at City and first time buyers are going wherever there's availability after existing seasoncard holders have had the opportunity to move seats. Basically, our whole 2nd tier is going corporate.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

I don't think there's a separate waiting list for the £289 seats.

I'm one of those Members who joined the waiting list free of charge. There was no indication on the application as to which band I preferred, just a general 'stick you name down and wait'.

As others have said, the way Band 1 has expanded to fit the demand and the rest are expected to follow suit, by the time those on the general waiting list get summoned to Stratford there'll be precious few of the cheap seats available.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Can current STH request to be bumped down into band 5? If so I very much doubt that anyone other than current STHS will be offered them, and those on the list will be given a choice of what's left from the higher bands, which thy are naturally increasing the size of relative to others.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

gavrosh wrote:Indeed which is why the club will I think quite quickly push for the capacity increase. I'd imagine the only problem the LLDC might have will be over crowd dispersion. IMO they will have to allow crowds to access the route out via carpenters road toward Stratford High Street and the Broadway. Under the current plans it is unclear whether this route will be open.
Do you know if the route out of the Park to Leyton/Eastway/Spitalfields/Hackney Marshes will be open?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The dynamic modelling they've done shows crowds exiting northwards to hackney wick and leyton. There's not expected to be too much of a crowd headed that way so it's not an issue. Where they do intend to restrict flow is to the south of the stadium by closing bridge H05, which seems to me an attempt to cut off the route to Stratford high street via carpenters road and/ or the flyover that goes into Westfield. That would cause a significant backing up of fans going via the designated route toward Westfield, which means lots of waiting in queues thanks to crowd control.