74000 seats- -now 66500.

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes
Total likes: 2 likes

Re: 74000 seats.

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

I keep wondering what the attendance will be for our first game and going forward in the first season. Lots of people in the media have been saying we will struggle to fill it but I don't think so. Maybe not in the first year but what do you think?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The way season ticket sales are going it'll be full for most games, though of course that requires relative success on the pitch. I reckon an average of 52000 will be what to aim for.
SpongeBob's Pants
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by SpongeBob's Pants »

POP POP POP Robson wrote:I keep wondering what the attendance will be for our first game and going forward in the first season. Lots of people in the media have been saying we will struggle to fill it but I don't think so. Maybe not in the first year but what do you think?
I think first year we will be ok, near capacity for all games. Its the first year there and everyone (well nearly everyone) wants to be a part of it.

Its the following subsequent seasons that will be a challenge, and i think the Daves will know this.

I think there will be a chunk of fans who wont renew beyond the first season there, so a lot will depend on the success on the pitch, the brand of football being played, the signings made, etc.