Stadium wow factor!

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Re: Stadium wow factor!

Post by Wembley1966 »

SirTrev wrote:The walk from Station to Stadium definitely needs a livening up though!!
Hopefully once you're in the park, they'll be food stalls (and half and half scarf stalls) lining the route.
AMC1964

Re: Stadium wow factor!

Post by AMC1964 »

SirTrev wrote:As someone who had reservations about the move, due to concerns with the view, I can say that I was pleasantly surprised and impressed when I went over there Friday night.

I walked the entire way round the stadium, in the back row of the top tier. It's true, there is a big distance between you and the pitch but that doesn't make the view bad.

And even from up there, in the worst seats, its a good view of the action and I'd happily have a season ticket there. Obviously, the further down the upper tier you go and into the lower tier the view will only get better. I now believe the view is nothing to worry about.

I think the vast majority of Hammers who go to the stadium with an open mind will be happy with it.

The walk from Station to Stadium definitely needs a livening up though!!

:crest:
I'll bet the walk to the ground is plenty lively when you get 5000 away supporters about....