Karren Brady hits back at Olympic Stadium critics and says W

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 143 likes

Karren Brady hits back at Olympic Stadium critics and says W

Post by cockney hammer »

Karren Brady hits back at Olympic Stadium critics and says West Ham took over the house nobody wanted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... anted.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Re: Karren Brady hits back at Olympic Stadium critics and says W

Post by Georgee Paris »

Now I know she is unliked by quite a few West Ham fans, but I wish we had had her when the Tevez affair was going on. I am fairly certain we wouldn't have come out of that as bruised and financially ****ed.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by eastsider »

Georgee Paris wrote:Now I know she is unliked by quite a few West Ham fans, but I wish we had had her when the Tevez affair was going on. I am fairly certain we wouldn't have come out of that as bruised and financially ****ed.
Good call GP make you dead right!

I like Karen.....
I also like both the Daves..... and big Sam....
Do I need help??!!! :?
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

brilliant article
Adie64
Has liked: 463 likes

Post by Adie64 »

Very good article from Martin & Karren, just a lot of jealous people out there who wouldn't be moaning if it was their club instead of us! :scarfer:
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

Yet the Charlton petitioners claim it's just a propaganda piece and Samuels isn't a proper journo because he's giving a different angle, a West Ham angle on this for a change.
Estuary
Has liked: 278 likes
Total likes: 117 likes

Post by Estuary »

Good Darts from Lady Brady.
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

HamburgHammer wrote:Yet the Charlton petitioners claim it's just a propaganda piece and Samuels isn't a proper journo because he's giving a different angle, a West Ham angle on this for a change.
Charlton Pathetic...? Who cares if they do not like the other side of the story??
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 759 likes
Total likes: 2942 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

In fairness that's a decent read as you would expect from Martin Samuel , albeit not wholly objective ,he could have enquired as to British Athletics view on West Ham being the Anchor tenant for example .

He's a little bit in danger of becoming the West Ham Board's go to Journo , but he's a big boy and can worry about his own reputation .

As for Brady , much as expected , she's good copy , has well rehearsed one liners and get's her message across , which begs the question if she is so good at communicating , as this article shows, why has there been such poor communication all the way through this process ?
eastsider

Post by eastsider »

the pink palermo wrote:
As for Brady , much as expected , she's good copy , has well rehearsed one liners and get's her message across , which begs the question if she is so good at communicating , as this article shows, why has there been such poor communication all the way through this process ?

Yes agreed PP this is the quite disgraceful part of the whole process which cannot be justified in any way IMO.
Not sure why all the secrets as the stadium has turned out better than many originally expected, although I grant you it is far from perfect? :crest:
Georgee Paris
Location: The Amazing Adventures of Wicked Willy & Fearless Steve
Has liked: 496 likes
Total likes: 1038 likes

Post by Georgee Paris »

I'm in no way defending the lack if communication...but...

Have you seen the people that go to west ham and even more so the type of people that go to the type of meetings when you talk to the board?? You chaps that are reasonably elloquent will know you sit there discussing important issues and just get to the point where the board have no choice but to answer the most important questions and then somehow the spotty spitting angry man manages to change the subject and ask a completely irrelevant question about how much money the manager can spend on a player and that Defoe would be a good option...

Not that the board shouldn't have tried more...and somehow ignored the idiots.
OFT
Has liked: 2995 likes
Total likes: 1758 likes

Post by OFT »

the pink palermo wrote:In fairness that's a decent read as you would expect from Martin Samuel , albeit not wholly objective ,he could have enquired as to British Athletics view on West Ham being the Anchor tenant for example .
. It would be interesting to read their point of view.

Very good article, nice to see the club go on the front foot over this
As G P says above, I'm sure she would have made a better job of defending the club over tevezgate.
tommyd2nd4th

Post by tommyd2nd4th »

What annoys me is the same media who talk about West Ham and the new stadium, completely ignore the Olympic Villages.

They were built with taxpayers moneys and led to huge hikes in local council tax across the 7 poorest boroughs in London. Labour promised the Villages would given back to these communities in affordable housing when the Olympics were finished. The Tories get into power and sell them all off to UAE international property investors below value and price the properties at a luxury level. An apartment in the Olympic village costs around £500,000.

That is a real scandal to be mocked not a EPL rescuing a white elephant. I guess the upper middle class media enjoy attacking successful working class things like football than Eton backroom deals where politicians sell off national assets to their buddies at the taxpayers expense.