Straightforward answers to straightforward questions thread

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Straightforward answers to straightforward questions thread

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

So many threads, so much discussion, so much detail, so much supposition, debate and conjecture.

Is it ok if us simpletons have a resource for straightforward info on the new stadium, with answers not shrouded in secrecy and assumption, but with as much solid fact as possible? :)

Q) Exactly how far will the first row of seats directly behind the goal(s), be from the goal(s) itself?
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Re: Straightforward answers to straightforward questions thread

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Will band 1 season ticket holders have priority on Cup Final tickets?
Are there enough disabled car parking spaces for all disabled fans or will they be expected to seek a miracle of Jim McDonald proportions?
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Francoisvander or else wrote:Will band 1 season ticket holders have priority on Cup Final tickets?
Are there enough disabled car parking spaces for all disabled fans or will they be expected to seek a miracle of Jim McDonald proportions?
Don't know about disabled parking. But why would band 1 season ticket holders have priority on cup final tickets? They don't now, although granted we will in all likelihood have significantly more season ticket holders than we do now. Don't forget other groups such as Bondholders already have greater priority now and will continue to do so in the new stadium.

I guess we'll have to wait and see when that happy event comes to pass!
brownout
Has liked: 92 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by brownout »

I would suggest that these questions need to be put to the club.
Some could be answered if the club chose to publish a scale plan of the stadium.
If not, the distances can be found on plans that are in the public domain.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 866 likes
Total likes: 4270 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote:So many threads, so much discussion, so much detail, so much supposition, debate and conjecture.

Is it ok if us simpletons have a resource for straightforward info on the new stadium, with answers not shrouded in secrecy and assumption, but with as much solid fact as possible? :)

Q) Exactly how far will the first row of seats directly behind the goal(s), be from the goal(s) itself?
Far

I don't know the exact distance but the salesperson even said to me that it's really quite far and not remotely like The Boleyn.
Aceface
Has liked: 358 likes
Total likes: 1446 likes

Post by Aceface »

rare as rockinghorse shat wrote: Q) Exactly how far will the first row of seats directly behind the goal(s), be from the goal(s) itself?
It looks to me like there could be a significant difference between the two end distances - in several of the images mocked-up it seems to be lopsided, with one end that looks fairly close and one end that's noticeably further away. It remains to be seen whether that translates when they do the real thing though.

I'm aware this is not a straightforward answer. It's not really even an answer. Sorry rars.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

straightforward answers? Who do you think we are - Jeremy Corbin?
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

The answer to the original question is 18 metres.
rare as rockinghorse shat
Has liked: 3 likes

Post by rare as rockinghorse shat »

Thanks gavrosh.

In your latest picture here the seats are 22 metres away.

So, in a nutshell, the seats will only be coming 4 metres further forward as they are in that picture.

(For scale, the first line on the Rugby pitch from the end line is 5 metres.) :|

If that distance is true, then that's diabolical.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

I think the question as regards FA CUP final ticket allocations is a valid one.

with only 25,000 tickets going to each finalist, and by the looks of it, us having many more season ticket holders then that, i predict in the unlikely event that we ever got there, there would be a bloodbath.
The corps would all get theirs first I would assume, followed by the club 1966 seats, band ones etc etc.
That means I would guess that many band 3&4 season ticket holders may well miss out, while new season ticket holders in the upper bands would be ok.

Unless they have another way of doing it.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

mushy wrote:I think the question as regards FA CUP final ticket allocations is a valid one.

with only 25,000 tickets going to each finalist, and by the looks of it, us having many more season ticket holders then that, i predict in the unlikely event that we ever got there, there would be a bloodbath.
The corps would all get theirs first I would assume, followed by the club 1966 seats, band ones etc etc.
That means I would guess that many band 3&4 season ticket holders may well miss out, while new season ticket holders in the upper bands would be ok.

Unless they have another way of doing it.
Length of time with a season ticket would be a better way, in the eyes of loyal supporters. But there will be many different opinions on this topic, and a lot of highly charged emotion.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Hmm, does anyone know how Man U allocate (they have 55k).?
Chris BMU

Post by Chris BMU »

gavrosh wrote:Hmm, does anyone know how Man U allocate (they have 55k).?
Guessing it's mostly a ballot. Which is another way to do ours too.
mushy
Has liked: 640 likes
Total likes: 841 likes

Post by mushy »

Chris BMU wrote:Length of time with a season ticket would be a better way, in the eyes of loyal supporters. But there will be many different opinions on this topic, and a lot of highly charged emotion.
I would have thought so, except our club tends to lose historical data.
i cant see them upsetting either the corporates or the club members, so there are two groups already who I reckon length of service count for nothing.
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

gavrosh wrote:Hmm, does anyone know how Man U allocate (they have 55k).?
IIRC they do it by away points, similar to our current system for buying away tickets.

I think Arsenal did it by a draw, all STHs could apply, but I might have that wrong.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Not sure if this has been touched upon but I'm currently band 4, and like others am still waiting for my reservation meeting. More than likely going to upgrade. My point being that seeing as I'm going on my own (as I have no friends) and being told that band 4 members will be picking on scraps. I'm gathering its for minimum of 2 seats only, or am I wrong???? Is there more chance of a single season ticket holder getting a better upgrade than say a party of 2 onwards??
Mr P
Location: On the outside of a rather cheeky bottle of Viognier...

Post by Mr P »

mushy wrote:I think the question as regards FA CUP final ticket allocations is a valid one.
IIRC in 2006 STH were guaranteed a ticket for the final if they had attended the semi. After that, it was first come first served for other STH.
Chris BMU

Post by Chris BMU »

Gep wrote:Not sure if this has been touched upon but I'm currently band 4, and like others am still waiting for my reservation meeting. More than likely going to upgrade. My point being that seeing as I'm going on my own (as I have no friends) and being told that band 4 members will be picking on scraps. I'm gathering its for minimum of 2 seats only, or am I wrong???? Is there more chance of a single season ticket holder getting a better upgrade than say a party of 2 onwards??
No problem at all with buying just a single seat. And probably the best chance of getting a good upgrade seat because you will be the most flexible, any odd single left will be fine for you, but not for most others
Hugh Jargon
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 475 likes

Post by Hugh Jargon »

Well according to gold on Twitter we are getting state of the art grass and a bespoke ticket office!

#twat. Pardon?
POP POP POP Robson
Has liked: 57 likes

Post by POP POP POP Robson »

A couple of things I've been wondering about. Although it's not something we need to worry about during our lifetime, what happens after the 100 year lease is up and the powers that be decide not to renew the lease but to offer it to say London Badgers a new US style soccer team (this is the future remember). Is there anything in the contract to prevent this scenario?

Also what is the likelihood of a future potential buyer being allowed to buy the stadium outright? Is it something that will never happen because of the athletics legacy?