Comparable views

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Big George
Has liked: 135 likes
Total likes: 276 likes

Comparable views

Post by Big George »

Spoke to a friend of mine tonight. He's a band 2 on the 18 yard line in the chicken run, row D (4 rows back) Bobby Moore end. He was told today at the reservation centre the BEST they could offer him was row 56 in the upper tier. He told them to shove it. He was also told the entire lower tier was sold out

Anyone got a worse "comparable view" than that?
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: Comparable views

Post by AlfieG »

Just wait until the Band 3 and 4's start going for their appointments BG... :lol:
Big George

Post by Big George »

AlfieG wrote:Just wait until the Band 3 and 4's start going for their appointments BG... :lol:
That's me. (band 4) having been I expect i know where we'll end up and have done since we went to the Olympics, a season ticket holder with 20 years on the clock who used to watching the action close up went ballistic. Aparently they've had loads of complaints from the band 2. Its because loads of the 66 club and bands have invoked plus 2 privileges which has push all thew lower tier band 2 upstairs.

There many more comparable seats but they've all been sold to people who are newbies. If that continues, they will have to suspend the plus twos
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Big George wrote: There many more comparable seats but they've all been sold to people who are newbies. If that continues, they will have to suspend the plus twos
How did the club not see this coming ? Beggars belief that long term season ticket holders choose their seats after a newcomer.
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

I suspect that this is exactly what the club expected to happen..... They set out to create a false panic with all this crap about unprecedented demand....

Why do you think they reduced the prices for cat 3 and 4 in the first place....? :o
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

I think they were worried about selling enough so offered the option of bringing two newbies.They have shot themselves in the foot with the current band 3 and 4's. They should have sold to current season ticket holders first then after if you wanted to bring newcomers you could redo your application and sit with your new ticket holders. What the last people in the band 4's will be left with will in my opinion be miles away.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

taffhammer wrote:I think they were worried about selling enough so offered the option of bringing two newbies.They have shot themselves in the foot with the current band 3 and 4's. They should have sold to current season ticket holders first then after if you wanted to bring newcomers you could redo your application and sit with your new ticket holders. What the last people in the band 4's will be left with will in my opinion be miles away.
is the right answer

ive had a season ticket since 1992....I live 225 miles away, and have done for 9 years...in fact, 2 of those 9 years I lived in italy, and still kept my season ticket...I will have my appointment in December and will no doubt have to take time off work to do the 500 mile round trip to have my appointment...thousands of newcomers are getting to speak to the club and pick their seats before me....surely that's not right is it?
@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

I have been a ST holder for many seasons and had my Band 2 Appt beginning of August, I currently sit row V in Rio Lower which is row 22, my comparable seat at OS is row 11 and closer to the corner flag than I currently am by about 15 seats, the main issue is that everyone is taking up the plus 2's, even I took up one for one of my daughters, I have friends who are due there appts in Dec/Jan for band 4 and I fear for them with regards to the view they will have, it is a total joke, I also agree the best thing to do is offer ST holders one season ticket each and when everyone is happy with there locations then open it up to others, a couple of people who sit near me could not make our group booking and went on Sunday, they could only get in upper tier quite far away from us...............its wrong!!

If all these plus 2's wanted to watch WHUFC week in/out then why prior to this season did we not sell out ST every season........................three or four season down line it may be different when they lose interest.

Felt pressured to buy another ticket (U16) and now some people I know who have done likewise are considering not actually buying theirs, paid the deposit but should people not take them up there will be tons of single and double seats everywhere whilst ST holders of twenty years are disappointed............Well done West Ham United, beggars belief.
Big George

Post by Big George »

This is the email my pal sent to the reservation centre this morning
I attended my appointment last night at the reservation centre and unfortunately left there in disgust at the so called "comparable view" seating options offered to me and my 3 fellow season ticket holders for the new stadium.

I appreciate the difficulty that West Ham have trying to reallocate seats but what I was offered last night is ridiculous. Band 1 & 2 (new season ticket holders introduced) have taken priority over existing season ticket holders.

I have had my season ticket 18 years running now.

I currently sit in Row D of the East Stand lower level with the edge of the 18 yard box towards the Bobby Moore end of the ground.

After running through the options available with my reservation centre employee, I was told, that the entire lower tiers in both the East & West Stand are completely sold out.

I was then shown the Upper Tier options in both the East & West Stands and was horrified to be offered Row 57 as the most furthest forward seats. How this is "comparable"????

From sitting where we are now at Upton Park compared to what we have just been offered is totally unacceptable.

I was also shown on the computer system, the amount of "Unavailable" aisle seats that have been reserved in the lower tiers of both the East & West Stand. There are a huge amount of these being witheld.

I'm not even requesting that we have 4 seats in a row (which ideally is what we should be offered). 2 seats with either 2 seats in front or behind would be acceptable but it has to be offered to us in the Lower Tiers?

I then asked my consultant about the possibility of being able to sit in the Lower Tiers of either the Bobby Moore or Trevor Brooking stands but these areas have been reserved entirely for Bands 3 & 4. I was told, only after the reservation process has taken place for these band holders, I would then be able to see what is available for our requirements. So that's Band 3 & 4 taking priority over unhappy Band 2 holders.

I am sorry but this is totally not acceptable.

Something surely has to be done so that we at least remain in one of the lower tiers? The lower tier aisle seats reserved are the solution surely?

I was representing all 4 of us season ticket holders last night and there was no way I was going to commit 4 of us sitting in Row 57 of one of the upper tiers without my friends seeing what has been offered to us.

After seeing them at last nights game, they are all equally unhappy about the options offered to us.

I have now had to book another appointment to attend the reservation centre on Thursday 17th September at 1800hrs with at least one other season ticket holder in attendance, so we can hopefully sort this totally unfair situation out.
danm79
Has liked: 29 likes
Total likes: 94 likes

Post by danm79 »

Big George wrote:Spoke to a friend of mine tonight. He's a band 2 on the 18 yard line in the chicken run, row D (4 rows back) Bobby Moore end. He was told today at the reservation centre the BEST they could offer him was row 56 in the upper tier. He told them to shove it. He was also told the entire lower tier was sold out

I must be right in front of your mate, I am row C which is front row so going to be interesting on Sunday when they try and explain how row 50 odd is the same as being front row.
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

Unless your appointment is in the first week or two of your band then it's the same for everyone.

Although I agree with the principle and point of the email above, I.e. It's not fair and not comparable (naive word of choice by the club) it's slightly throwing toys out of the pram... What about the person that went after him who has had his seat for 19 years and so on, they can't really make exceptions as they are so many in the same boat.

I'm band 2 band went on the 7th August and there wasn't much left, currently around row 20 of the west lower in line with "D" of the box

Was offered first 9 rows of the the lower or about row 55 in the upper.

Was disappointed and niether option comparable but had to make a choice and ended up upgrading to 1966 seats

Reality is unless a big takeover occurs and the CL becomes possible then the second season will see plenty of seats for people to swap and change, see where they prefer etc...

Had they of gone through all current season ticket holders first they might not have had the same uptake of people bringing new people in and potentially not sold as many seats... Although as fans it's unfair, from a business point of view looks like we will reach the 40k season ticket holders they are aiming for.

What's done is done, embrace the change, make a choice and get on with it...

Folding arms and stamping feet isn't going to change anything
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

Big George wrote:Spoke to a friend of mine tonight. He's a band 2 on the 18 yard line in the chicken run, row D (4 rows back) Bobby Moore end. He was told today at the reservation centre the BEST they could offer him was row 56 in the upper tier. He told them to shove it. He was also told the entire lower tier was sold out

Was he one of the 85% who voted in favour - trusting the board?
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

I then asked my consultant about the possibility of being able to sit in the Lower Tiers of either the Bobby Moore or Trevor Brooking stands but these areas have been reserved entirely for Bands 3 & 4. I was told, only after the reservation process has taken place for these band holders, I would then be able to see what is available for our requirements.

So if Band 3, their mates and unborn children are to be offered lower tier at the end (one end being part away fans & no season tickets) Band 4 comparable seats are going to be a long way away in the upper tier.

How many of the 85% who voted yes realised that they wouldn't have a hope of getting lower tier so would be in the part of the stadium even Mr Gold didn't think suitable for watching football?
Big George

Post by Big George »

brownout wrote:
Was he one of the 85% who voted in favour - trusting the board?
that would be a no
AlfieG

Post by AlfieG »

It really makes me laugh when people who can afford to pay £300 more per ticket for a worse seat in the OS then say to others, who have the cheek to express a genuine concern about how they feel they are being treated (and are still waiting for their appointment)....

Folding arms and stamping feet isn't going to change anything :oops:
MD_HM
Has liked: 38 likes
Total likes: 339 likes

Post by MD_HM »

AlfieG wrote:It really makes me laugh when people who can afford to pay £300 more per ticket for a worse seat in the OS then say to others, who have the cheek to express a genuine concern about how they feel they are being treated (and are still waiting for their appointment)....

Folding arms and stamping feet isn't going to change anything :oops:
Ok pretend I didn't upgrade my tickets and I took the row 9 or row 55 that wasn't comparable... Can I then say just make a choice a get on with it?

I agree it's wrong, remember that my point is it's not fair for so many people (pretty much anyone who doesn't have an appointment within the first week of sales for their band)

There are so many different factors in terms of length of time having a ticket, how many you might have... Someone may have had one 20 years then misses 1 season and had one for the next 5 etc...

Everyone will feel there loyalty is better than the next person for whatever reason
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

I think loyalty should be rewarded, and it would have been good for the club to look after those who have shelled out their hard earned for years before offering anything to anyone else, who quite honestly, havn't paid their subs up to now

I understand that they want to fill the thing...but don't f*** over the bread and butter 20k who have been going for years to try and tempt 10k new supporters, who may f*** off when the going gets tough

you need to look after the guys who go every week...by rewarding loyalty, you will encourage others to maintain their support too....
LincolnshireHammer
Has liked: 8 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by LincolnshireHammer »

I'm pro OS, but this kind of thing really worries me.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

MD_HM wrote: There are so many different factors in terms of length of time having a ticket, how many you might have... Someone may have had one 20 years then misses 1 season and had one for the next 5 etc...

Everyone will feel there loyalty is better than the next person for whatever reason
So why when we get to a cup final do tickets go first to season ticket holders ? why can't the first in the queue take a couple of extras for their mates ?
And what about away tickets ? priority points plus if you want a couple of spares feel free. The reason is you have to keep your loyal customer happy first.They are not.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Here's another example...

I've gone from the very front row of the west upper, in line with the penalty spot and band 2 to.......about 12 rows back in the equilavent upper tier of the new east stand. I'm now just outside the penalty area admittedly but much further away....with a band 1 price tag.

I've had the same seat for about 8 seasons and a S/T on and off for over 50 years. The only comparable aspect is that it will still take me 3 hrs to get to every home game.

Marvellous.