Save The Supporters Club - Petition

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Billy Hunt
Has liked: 471 likes
Total likes: 356 likes

Re: Save The Supporters Club - Petition

Post by Billy Hunt »

@TFSH_WHUFC wrote:Being a regular visitor to the supporters club I am totally behind this, cannot believe the club has overlooked this but ensured that the prawn sandwich brigade are well catered, a building next to our megastore which is next to our "community" pitch is the ideal location, however the best we will get is maybe a old building/pub near the ground that can be renovated as the new supporters club, I'm sure Newham Council could afford to subsidise a rent or fan power could take over and support the existing committee is setting up.

petition signed.
Signed too, but sadly I can believe its been overlooked in preference for the corporates
Oldun
Has liked: 171 likes
Total likes: 568 likes

Post by Oldun »

Signed .
Hope they get better air conditionering ,if we get a new club.
And also for anyone in there after the match Monday,who was responsible for what happened in trap 1 in the toilets?
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 48 likes

Post by likemydreams »

signed and this should be on the main board imo
Kendal Iron
Has liked: 47 likes

Post by Kendal Iron »

Signed
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Signed.

Should be a sticky on the GD forum imho.

Why didn't the Club offer them space at the OS in exchange for doing a deal with Newham for the land? Just another example of how the owners and the Baroness disregard our traditional fanbase.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Maybe David Gold will sign it, since his mother had her 90th in the WHUSC !

Small mention on this article, Gold has been in there recently on the stage !

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ew-1681316" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
west ham15
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by west ham15 »

Signed - I was number 250 on the petition
whizzer
Has liked: 24 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by whizzer »

This is the likely reason our chairmen don't care if the supporters club is relocated, they want the revenue:

Olympic Stadium Hospitality Packages.

BM6 Lounge £10,000 a season with a 10 year commitment (100 person capacity)
Revenue: £1m per annum and £3m over 3 years

Arnold Hills – Joining Fee £1250 (£1500) Monthly Payments £340 (£408) – 3 year term, cost per season £4080 (£4896) (300 person capacity) Revenue: £4.86m over 3 years

Royal East – Joining Fee £1250 (£1500) Monthly Payments £320 (£384) – 3 year term, cost per season £3840 (£4608) (300 person capacity) Revenue: £4.53m over 3 years

Forge Lounge – Joining Fee £750 (£900) Monthly Payments £240 (£288) – 3 year term, cost per season £2880 (£3456) (300 person capacity) Revenue: £3.38m over 3 years

Great Briton – Joining Fee £750 (£900) Monthly Payments £220 (£264) – 3 year term, cost per season £2,640 (£3,168) (400 person capacity) Revenue: £4.16m over 3 years

Academy bar – joining fee £500 (£600) Monthly payments of £120 (£144) – 3 year term, cost per season £1440 (£1728) (1000 person capacity) Revenue: £5.78m over 3 years

Boleyn Bar – Joining fee £500 (£600) Monthly payments of £140 (£168) – 3 year term, cost per season £1,680 (£2,016) (1000 person capacity) Revenue: £6.64m over 3 years

There are sixteen executive boxes each holding a maximum of ten people. These cost between -£70,000 per season. (160 person capacity) Revenue: £3.36m over 3 years

Total Corporate Capacity 3,560 Total of £35.71m of revenue over three years.
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 15 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

Plus the 1966 Club * £1100

£2,162,600
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes

Post by eastsider »

whizzer wrote:.

Cheers
Whizzer
https://www.change.org/p/robin-wales-ma ... -stratford" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just to get the link on this page, over 260 now!!!!
cockney farmer

Post by cockney farmer »

Done , always a great welcome after the 200 mile journey
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Newham will not subsidise a private venture, even a Trust. Take that from me. Your only choice is to keep bringing in people in your current home and bus them to the ground. The Boleyn is offering a membership scheme for £150 a year with discounted drinks and match day coaches and I hear the same is planned by the Black Lion and Vic.

You need to consider this your best hope. Neirher Newham or the LLDC would consider subsidy in this climate.
whizzer

Post by whizzer »

gavrosh wrote:Newham will not subsidise a private venture, even a Trust. Take that from me. Your only choice is to keep bringing in people in your current home and bus them to the ground. The Boleyn is offering a membership scheme for £150 a year with discounted drinks and match day coaches and I hear the same is planned by the Black Lion and Vic.

You need to consider this your best hope. Neirher Newham or the LLDC would consider subsidy in this climate.
Really, £40M towards the stadium with an alleged return?
We don't want subsidy, just a building swop.
whizzer

Post by whizzer »

Gav
Just out of interest, did you sign the petition?
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Signed.
gavrosh

Post by gavrosh »

Happy to sign but I will tell you now you have no chance.

Newham were massively behind the Thames Ironworks Heritage Trust in principle, but when it came to us asking to place them on a bit of derelict land on a temporary basis they said we would have to pay a 'market' rent for the land, which was a huge amount. As a result we've had to give up on those two boats which, luckily, another charity is going to restore where they currently are.

The supporters club benefits from very favourable rent terms already. You will not get any sympathy from the suits in Newham.
whizzer

Post by whizzer »

gavrosh wrote:Happy to sign but I will tell you now you have no chance.

Newham were massively behind the Thames Ironworks Heritage Trust in principle, but when it came to us asking to place them on a bit of derelict land on a temporary basis they said we would have to pay a 'market' rent for the land, which was a huge amount. As a result we've had to give up on those two boats which, luckily, another charity is going to restore where they currently are.

The supporters club benefits from very favourable rent terms already. You will not get any sympathy from the suits in Newham.
Bad things thrive when good men do nothing.
It's worth a try!
WestHamAlways

Post by WestHamAlways »

I must admit I have never been in there as I thought you would need to be a member. Do you?
However signed and put on facebook
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 936 likes
Total likes: 1948 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

gavrosh wrote:Neither Newham or the LLDC would consider subsidy in this climate.
Newham have given a £40m one!

As I understand things, the SC have a peppercorn rent on the building. I am sure Galliards would have liked to have had the land included in their development.

Why wouldn't Newham say, for example, vacate the premises so we can sell and as a part of our huge investment in the OS, the SC should be given a comparable space there at peppercorn rent? That's not a subsidy but a chance to recoup a bit of money on the deal.

Are you telling me that our season ticket holding mayor, a council that is spending money it doesn't have to send deserving locals to games, our multi millionaire owners, David Gold's mum, our 'East End' legacy re developers and the LLDC with their spending of hundreds of millions can't find space for our own Supporters' Club?

That, in a nutshell, is why being in hoc to these sort of people is such a bad idea.
eastsider
Has liked: 54 likes

Post by eastsider »

"Doc H Ball"][quote="gavrosh" Neither Newham or the LLDC would consider subsidy in this climate. "quote"

As I understand things, the SC have a peppercorn rent on the building. I am sure Galliards would have liked to have had the land included in their development.

Why wouldn't Newham say, for example, vacate the premises so we can sell and as a part of our huge investment in the OS, the SC should be given a comparable space there at peppercorn rent? That's not a subsidy but a chance to recoup a bit of money on the deal.[/quote]

Quite right!
Read once that there are hundreds of rooms in the OS! Surely some could be got together to facilitate an area for a supporters club??.
Does it have to be a subsidy if rent is paid and some percentage taken by the LLDC to keep the taxpayers alliance or Charlton or Orients supporter.. or AN other of their backs?? :crest: