Merchandise Stalls and Burger Vans at the new ground ?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Merchandise Stalls and Burger Vans at the new ground ?

Post by monkeyhanger »

Apologies if this has been discussed elsewhere but I wondered if the current stall holders and vans that gather on Green Street and around the ground on match days are to set up in the environs of the OS. Has there been any discussion with the council about this and where they might be located ?

Having walked to the stadium via Stratford High Street and then Carpenters Road the other week the latter would seem the ideal place to have them and would recreate the atmosphere of the current walk from Upton Park tube to the ground which is such an essential part of the match day experience. It would be great if we can preserve this and relocate the old supporters club as discussed in the other thread.
Knighter10WHU
Has liked: 154 likes
Total likes: 193 likes

Re: Merchandise Stalls and Burger Vans at the new ground ?

Post by Knighter10WHU »

I notice Brighton do not have any surrounding their new ground, forces you to go in and buy inside, wouldn't be surprised if we do the same.
Discobar

Post by Discobar »

I can`t see the burger vans being the standard they are looking for. The vans around the stadium now are all gourmet stuff, jacket potatoes and the like with an expensive twist. Pulled pork and so on
a86

Post by a86 »

if there are any burger vans it'll be under an exclusive contract with the stadium and council. at Wembley they have vans but they are all chained franchises such as the Frying Dutchman etc

So I predict that there will be but it wont be like it is at the minute, as you walk down green street with your mates aunty once removed cooking a big bobs burger and getting it for free.

at the athletics recently, there were vans there, but not many.
monkeyhanger
Total likes: 30 likes

Post by monkeyhanger »

Anyone know any of the current owners of stalls and vans and what they are going to do next season ?
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

prepare yourselves for £6 "slider" burgers that are gone in two bites and drinking bubble tea out of a wellington boot.