No Season Tickets in the TB end..

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: No Season Tickets in the TB end..

Post by AlfieG »

Arch Dandy wrote:It doesn't necessarily equate that being closer is a better view, I'm in row H toward the East Stand in the BML and my view is pretty **** despite being close to the pitch. When I had a ST in the West Upper the view was far better.
Which begs the question.....Why did you move there if its pretty shyte view?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Arch Dandy wrote:It doesn't necessarily equate that being closer is a better view, I'm in row H toward the East Stand in the BML and my view is pretty **** despite being close to the pitch. When I had a ST in the West Upper the view was far better.
I agree. I'm back row Chav Corner. View is better than the front as the rake is quite steep and as there is no-one behind me I can stand.

Same seat in the OS has me on pretty much the same distance as to Green Street on the BG site! There's a point where distance becomes an issue surely? The shallow rake of the OS seems to have doesn't make distance beneficial IMO.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

Didn't really want to get into all this again, but since I have been asked... It is clear from the comments that some of those disputing the quality of the view at the new stadium havenot been there, and my belief is that when you go there you will understand. I don't accept the shallow rake thing either (perhaps at the very front), in fact a nice surprise in store for many is going to be how much legroom you will have and how much higher you sit than the row in front. But none of us will know for sure how the experience compares until next August, so maybe it's all just hot air until then.

What I also know from having been there is that the Olympic stadium has a special aura to it. I know that the atmosphere can be fantastic, and I am thinking back to particular moments and not just the Olympics either. And it is LOUD.

I've said it before, but I think the first Bubbles under that new roof is going to be spine tingling. Judge it after that.
Arch Dandy
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Arch Dandy »

AlfieG wrote:Which begs the question.....Why did you move there if its pretty shyte view?
Sat with someone in the Upper West who gave up their ticket and had mates in the BML so moved in with them. We have spoken over the years about moving again but it's a good laugh and we know everyone around us now, it's not all about the view.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

Chris BMU wrote: It is clear from the comments that some of those disputing the quality of the view at the new stadium havenot been there
I have.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

[quote="Chris BMU"] It is clear from the comments that some of those disputing the quality of the view at the new stadium have not been there,

[taffhammer] I have.

I said "some". Jeez. But at least you have allowed me to have my own opinion unlike hadleighammer who, ironically, appears to be one of those who has not been. And thanks for your earlier post, taff, no offence taken.

I give up now.
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Chris BMU wrote: I said "some". Jeez. But at least you have allowed me to have my own opinion unlike hadleighammer who, ironically, appears to be one of those who has not been. And thanks for your earlier post, taff, no offence taken.

I give up now.
I've allowed you to have an opinion. I just think you're wrong.

You are right on one thing, I have never been. Can't bring myself to set foot in the place :cry:

I won't be going during the Rugby for sure if the number of Mexican waves are anything to go by. The first Mexican wave at the OS will probably also be spine tingling....