No Season Tickets in the TB end..

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

DanT93

No Season Tickets in the TB end..

Post by DanT93 »

I went down today to book my seats for the new stadium and i discovered the fact that the club cannot sell season tickets behind the goal in any band due to the fact that in cup games we will have to give up the vast majority of that end to away fans.

I am currently a season ticket holder in the trevor brooking lower and was planning on sitting in rufly the same area in the OS. Does anyone know if this is going to change in the future or is it a set thing for good?
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Re: No Season Tickets in the TB end..

Post by AlfieG »

So you went to the visitor centre.... and got told this by someone in there?

And you are now asking these questions on a fans forum.....?

Why didnt you ask the staff at the club shop whilst you were there??? :eh:
Oldun
Has liked: 165 likes
Total likes: 566 likes

Post by Oldun »

They are not doing band 4 tickets yet, so how did you get an invite?
CharlieLevy

Post by CharlieLevy »

Seems like there is conflicting information going around. I spoke to someone who works there asking several questions. One of which was whether there would be band 4 season tickets on sale in TB end. I got a short response of "yes".
Seanlw

Post by Seanlw »

The official West Ham Olympic Stadium FAQ says so!
http://www.whufc.com/New-Stadium/2016-17-Season-Tickets" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Q: Will I need to move seats for any game at the new Stadium?

A: Season Ticket seats will not be offered in any sections of the new Stadium which will potentially be affected by the allocation of visiting supporters, even for domestic cup games.

Since 'domestic cup games' would need up to 15% allocation this would exclude the whole South Stand (next to the away fans) from season ticket sales.

The link below is the closest I can get to so far to a seating plan but I continue to make amendments as new information comes in. I am aware it is not 100% accurate.
http://www.claretandhugh.info/olympic-s ... -revealed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
DanT93

Post by DanT93 »

Oldun wrote:They are not doing band 4 tickets yet, so how did you get an invite?
My dad has a season ticket in the bobby moore upper, so when he got his invite I was able to go down with him, he was in band 3
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

So that's unfair,because of your dad being cat 3,you have managed to book a cat 4 before others.
DD
Has liked: 1 like

Post by DD »

I'm reeading that as that's what he was told, rather than being able to book a seat.

I can't say I buy the Club's explanation about it being about not inconveniencing home season ticket holders as it would only happen a few times a season, if at all, plus people buy in that area with that knowledge anyway. Also not sure how much of a hassle it is to move peope for the Club as well. Will have a detrimental effect in the atmosphere imho.

Contacted the Club on it as was concerned about the development of a "neutral" area but they were very keen to say that wouldn't be the case.

If enough people want season tickets there, it's potentially got more revenue written all over it as well as fans getting what they want.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

Oldun wrote:So that's unfair,because of your dad being cat 3,you have managed to book a cat 4 before others.
Probably thousands of people have done this already via the grouping system, including me.

But I don't agree it's unfair. Who is to say it is fair that people who can afford to spend more for their ticket get to go first? It's just the way the club have chosen to do it.

You could equally argue it would be fairer if those who had held season tickets the longest had first pick.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Chris BMU wrote:Who is to say it is fair that people who can afford to spend more for their ticket get to go first? It's just the way the club have chosen to do it.
The Club have prioritised the ability to pay over loyalty.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

Chrisbmu the point I am making is that it's unfair that a cat 4 has gone along with a cat 3 and managed to book his seat in a cat 4 area,I understood you could not do that.
Chris BMU
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by Chris BMU »

Oldun wrote:Chrisbmu the point I am making is that it's unfair that a cat 4 has gone along with a cat 3 and managed to book his seat in a cat 4 area,I understood you could not do that.
Sorry oldun, I misunderstood.

I don't think he has, has he? If he went ahead and made a booking, it would be in a band 3 seat. To be fair, he doesn't actually say what if anything he booked.
DanT93

Post by DanT93 »

Oldun wrote:So that's unfair,because of your dad being cat 3,you have managed to book a cat 4 before others.
I have chosen a cat 3 seat so from being in cat 4 at the boleyn i am now going into cat 3 at the OS
Broadstairsbob

Post by Broadstairsbob »

I was told , at my appointment last week, that there are no season tickets available in the South Stand.

It will be available only for away supporters and the 5000 seats per game allocated to Newham Council.
Beefy's mum

Post by Beefy's mum »

Did they tell you this twice?
hadleighhammer
Gentrified
Location: On my computer trying to keep up with the Sky fixture changes
Has liked: 11 likes
Total likes: 8 likes

Post by hadleighhammer »

Broadstairsbob wrote:I was told , at my appointment last week, that there are no season tickets available in the South Stand.

It will be available only for away supporters and the 5000 seats per game allocated to Newham Council.
The banter with the away fans will be brilliant there then. West Ham get 5k neutrals whilst the away team get 3k+ regular matchday going away fans....
DanT93

Post by DanT93 »

It will be available only for away supporters and the 5000 seats per game allocated to Newham Council.[/quote]

The banter with the away fans will be brilliant there then. West Ham get 5k neutrals whilst the away team get 3k+ regular matchday going away fans....[/quote]

This is pretty much my only concern with the OS move, whilst i feel that the neutral allocation is a good idea, we should still have our fans located next to the away end, the banter with the other fans is one of the most enjoyable reasons to go.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

To be quite honest my concern is how you have managed to queue jump other ST holders and get your new seat.
My understanding was no one could change bands upwardly until everyone in that band had been sorted and I know band 3 fans who have not been up yet.
If I had known this I would have put a higher band in our group and we would all been sorted now.
Beefy's mum

Post by Beefy's mum »

Oldun wrote:To be quite honest my concern is how you have managed to queue jump other ST holders and get your new seat.
My understanding was no one could change bands upwardly until everyone in that band had been sorted and I know band 3 fans who have not been up yet.
If I had known this I would have put a higher band in our group and we would all been sorted now.
Probably too late now but you could've grouped with high category mates and got seats in that category, below is from the Q&A on the website -

Season Ticket Holders currently in different price bands are also welcome to group at the new Stadium, but will be required to group with the individual in the highest band. This is to protect the rights of Season Ticket Holders in lower price bands and ensure that they are in no way disadvantaged by the process or by their fellow supporters. The Club will look to allocate the seats that most closely fit the group's requirements, though the area selected may not be directly comparable for members of the group with the best seat location.
Oldun

Post by Oldun »

30+ years season ticket holder and feel I am being **** on again,why have they made things so hard.