Band 5

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: Band 5

Post by bengeo »

farmergiles wrote: The email receipt shows 215 - West Stand
That is interesting, didn't expect potential away cup support to come that far round. You've got good seats there as you'll be in the corner.
farmergiles
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by farmergiles »

Had the full details sent to me now.

Block 215, Row 56 seats 203 and 204. :scarfer:
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

I'm in 227 (other corner flag of the South Stand, will that be the Bobby Moore or the Sir Trevor one ?).
I wonder how many seats at the most will be given to away fans for league games and where they will be.
Both Upper and Lower Tier behind the goal or just one of those two ? Does anyone know ?

Reservation centre emailed me by the way saying I'd be getting full seat confirmation upon full payment of the season ticket in a few weeks...
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

226 - South Stand, Row 56 (Band 5)

Can't count on getting that seat for cup matches though, as it may go into the expanded away allocation.

Was told that there were 2,100 seats left

- although they were confident that there would be more coming online as a result of the move to the expanded 60,000 capacity.

They had a few restricted view tickets too - that were in higher bands
- assume these were originally not part of the 54,000.

FYI

You can't buy a buy a group of tickets that leaves a single seat unsold next to you.
e.g. if there are 3 seats available in a row, you can buy one of them, or all three* - but not 2.

* assuming you registered to buy more than one
Heysel76
Has liked: 213 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by Heysel76 »

hammersk wrote:
You can't buy a buy a group of tickets that leaves a single seat unsold next to you.
e.g. if there are 3 seats available in a row, you can buy one of them, or all three* - but not 2.
So i guess if you want to buy an extra ticket for a friend next season, you might not even be in the same stand?
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

HamburgHammer wrote:I'm in 227 (other corner flag of the South Stand, will that be the Bobby Moore or the Sir Trevor one ?).
I wonder how many seats at the most will be given to away fans for league games and where they will be.
Both Upper and Lower Tier behind the goal or just one of those two ? Does anyone know ?
South is Sir Trevor. PL Away allocation should be up to 3000. It's been reported that they will be in the South West corner over both tiers but they seem to have been moved away from the corner in the upper tier by reports of seats sold as STs.

Block 227 marked in yellow - click on image to enlarge:

gravesendhammer

Post by gravesendhammer »

Block 216 Row 57 seat 175. Also had a disclaimer re cup allocation but fine with the priority to move considering the likelihood of clubs taking the full 15% allocation.

Will be the new Chav corner :wink:
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Cheers Bengeo for the pic, I can clearly make out the sign/entrance for "my" section 227. Is the section 227 in that picture to the left hand side of the entrance (closer to the corner flag) as you look or right hand side (closer to the goal) ?
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

HamburgHammer wrote:Is the section 227 in that picture to the left hand side of the entrance (closer to the corner flag) as you look or right hand side (closer to the goal) ?
Both sides of the entrance / aisle will be 227. The blocks are numbered on the aisle.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Right Bengeo, so it then obviously depends on my seat number whether I have to turn left or right.
I was just keen to find out if I'm slightly closer to the cornerflag or behind the goal as I only had a phone appointment and wasn't given the opportunity to compare different renders/views.

I'm Row 35 (pretty close to the front of the Upper Tier), seat 726.
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

HH - That upper tier starts at Row 31. There was a seating plan for the Race of Champions where you could look at all the seat numbers but that was taken down after the event. You could ask the Reservation Centre.
HamburgHammer

Post by HamburgHammer »

Bengeo, one more question about the pic you posted which was obviously taken during the rugby. Will the lower Tier retractable seating come closer to the pitch in football mode or will it stay the same ?
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

HamburgHammer wrote:Will the lower Tier retractable seating come closer to the pitch in football mode or will it stay the same ?
I think the seats will be in about the same position, but the gap to the goals will be less. The Rugby pitch was under 100 metres long (to allow for a dead ball area behind the posts) and the Football pitch will be 105 metres.
UptonPK

Post by UptonPK »

5,000 more Band 5 seats may become available - http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... -the-Board" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;?
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

https://twitter.com/karren_brady/status ... 2486195201
  • Lady Brady ‏@karren_brady
    Good Morning. @3,300 Band 5 ST's sold so far and if we expand capacity to 60k a further 5,200 will be released.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Great news....... I thought that the band 5 tickets would be few and far between, and that it was just a puplicity stunt from the club, but they have really come through for the less well off fans, or for those that can't attend every game. It would be nice if all those miserable old farts that complain about every detail of the move could pipe up a little about certain positive aspects, like this one, where the club are doing a good job..... No chance of that though. :lol:
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

Lets see what people say about these seats when they have experienced them for a few games eh....

It is good PR by the Baroness. That's what she does best, as we all know.

She's not banging on about a UEFA Cat 4 stadium anymore though..... I wonder why that is......? :wink:
gavros

Post by gavros »

Viewing distances hae nothing to do with UEFA stadium catergorisation, they are a FIFA advisory. The Berlin Olynpic Stadium is category 4, hosted the CL final last year and has seats well outside of the FIFA advised zone.
hammersk
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by hammersk »

I was told that the away allocation would be a minimum of 3,000
and a maximum of 9,000 depending on who we are playing.

The away blocks are:

LOWER 117-120
UPPER 218-222
Payet and Mash

Post by Payet and Mash »

Thanks for that info on the away fan sections hammersk.

In case anyone wants to see where their seat will be in relation to the away section, I've updated my unofficial seat plan to take this into account...