Band 5

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

frankiemac

Re: Band 5

Post by frankiemac »

Lot of rumours on social media that the 60k has been approved and will be announced shortly
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

hammersk wrote:I was told that the away allocation would be a minimum of 3,000
and a maximum of 9,000 depending on who we are playing.

The away blocks are:

LOWER 117-120
UPPER 218-222
not sure what the plans are for the seating of away fans but if it was down to me i would stick the away fans in the upper tier 218-222 and then when we had a larger allocation for away fans then release the lower tier 117-120. allowing the lower tier to be released as matchday tickets for home fans for the "lesser games"
carl252

Post by carl252 »

Doe's anybody know which date they are up to on the priority list? I joined in mid July so there may be hope for me yet.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

screech wrote:not sure what the plans are for the seating of away fans but if it was down to me i would stick the away fans in the upper tier 218-222 and then when we had a larger allocation for away fans then release the lower tier 117-120. allowing the lower tier to be released as matchday tickets for home fans for the "lesser games"
That can't be done - upper and lower tiers share the same concourse so cannot segregate upper and lower.
screech
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by screech »

so does that mean when the away team have a small following we will have empty seats?
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Wembley1966 wrote: That can't be done - upper and lower tiers share the same concourse so cannot segregate upper and lower.
Yep.
  • ~ They can retro-fit retractable seating.

~ They can supply world class corporate facilities.

~ They can dismantle and re-locate the huge floodlights inside the stadium.

~ They can construct the world's biggest cantilevered roof.

~ But what they can't do is divide a shared concourse. After all, they're not miracle workers are they? :P
gavros

Post by gavros »

So you're saying that the concourse should be segregated with home fans in the inner concourse and away fans in the outer concourse?

So how would that work in terms of fire exits and the like? How would you get into the inner concourse?
Payet and Mash

Post by Payet and Mash »

I'm by no means an architect or planner, but I would have thought something like this would be a simple (and cheap) solution to giving the away fans only the upper tier:

Re-routing the access gangways to the retractable lower tier seats from the sides would mean the away fans could have the concourse behind the South end of the stadium to themselves, while we could have all the lower tier seats in the stadium (for league games at least).
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Reservation centre told me just now that there's no band 5 left. Anyone else heard the same or are they just trying to upgrade me to band 4?
Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 »

Payet and Mash wrote:I'm by no means an architect or planner, but I would have thought something like this would be a simple (and cheap) solution to giving the away fans only the upper tier:

Re-routing the access gangways to the retractable lower tier seats from the sides would mean the away fans could have the concourse behind the South end of the stadium to themselves, while we could have all the lower tier seats in the stadium (for league games at least).
I would have thought that there would be a maximum time allowed for evacuation from any part of the ground - and those in the centre of the lower tier (blocks 120, 124) would take too long to be queuing behind all the others trying to get out of the sides. You are cutting the number of gangways from 4 to 2, from the part of the ground that is probably already furthest from an exit anyway.

Image . . Image
From your images
Payet and Mash

Post by Payet and Mash »

I agree Wembley, I'm sure there would be H&S implications, as well as questions around whether the split of concourse facilities between home and away fans was still appropriate.

I was more making a general point that there must be ways to give away fans only the upper tier.

For example, the following layout would still have four gangways, although they might be slightly longer, so it could add a few seconds to evacuate the ground.

gavros

Post by gavros »

I still think it fails on fire evacuation H&S, and that's the essential reason why away will get both upper and lower tier seats.
cliff99claret
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by cliff99claret »

Monkey Magic wrote:Reservation centre told me just now that there's no band 5 left. Anyone else heard the same or are they just trying to upgrade me to band 4?
My friend at work had his appointment last week and he wanted one for himself and his two sons both of whom would be classed as adults as they are 21, he had his name down for band five as his preffered choice but was told after sitting through the video and being allocated a rep that all band five had gone and offered him three tickets in band four unfortunatly he wasnt in a position to be able to afford £1500 and had to decline.
He was told that more band five tickets may be on the way with the increased capacity but he would have to join the priority list again and be at the end of the list.
gavros

Post by gavros »

two sons over 21 and neither could afford their own ticket?
cliff99claret
Has liked: 54 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by cliff99claret »

gavros wrote:two sons over 21 and neither could afford their own ticket?
Students !! lol.
gavros

Post by gavros »

He should have got himself a ticket and left them in the UCL east student bar at home games. They'd have a better time I'm sure.
a86

Post by a86 »

Wembley1966 wrote:
I would have thought that there would be a maximum time allowed for evacuation from any part of the ground - and those in the centre of the lower tier (blocks 120, 124) would take too long to be queuing behind all the others trying to get out of the sides. You are cutting the number of gangways from 4 to 2, from the part of the ground that is probably already furthest from an exit anyway.

Image . . Image
From your images
the separation of the away fans is something I've not considered on this scheme, I've been too focused on us as home fans. In the centenary stand, there are gates that are shut at different hallways depending on the size of the away crowds.

how will they separate the home and fan fans at ground level where there are bars and toilets? would they have to put in walls/gates? the stadium was designed to not have home and away ends as all the fans we're mixed, so I would like to know how they would do this.

With the separation in the seating they would provide either:
a clear bank of seats with netting
http://footballtripper.com/galleries/we ... -stand.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]
or
permanent railings like they do at the emirates
http://www.fussballinlondon.de/stadiapi ... _FC_46.JPG" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;[/img]
Last edited by sicknote on Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images too large again
Wembley1966

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ I assume that the concourse will have gates at different hallways/exits and that netting will segregate the seats at different places depending upon the away allocation. The layout of the walkways (from PaM's main diagram) means the away fans could just have part of blocks 117 and 218 for a small away allocation - and the netting could be where the red line is - although in reality the away allocation would be bigger: