Band 5

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1787 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Re: Band 5

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

It'll be Band 5 or nothing for me, although whether there'll be any left by the time I'm granted an audience is questionable.

I simulated the view by watching today's game on a stream the size of a playing card. I could differentiate between the teams but hadn't a clue which player was which.
noblecause

Post by noblecause »

Had a phone call from the club yesterday, I am apparently in good shape for band 5 tickets for me and my three boys (12, 10 & 7). Only real band I could afford after allowing for train fares etc. I will give it a season and see if my eyes hold up! Usually bring them up 3 times a season, which really doesn't equate to that much less than ST for next year.
hammer06
Total likes: 2 likes

Post by hammer06 »

hi all, just had call from reservation centre, said they'll contact me again in Jan to book appointment!! I registered in April!! He also said plenty of Band 4 & 5 left!! hope that helps anyone!!
bubbles1966
Location: I'm holding onto nothing, and trying to forget the rest
Has liked: 2437 likes
Total likes: 4293 likes

Post by bubbles1966 »

27,000 + STs sold so far, process ongoing still.
8,000 unavailable on ST because of cup allocation rules.

23,000 on the waiting list.
tevez'skettle1895

Post by tevez'skettle1895 »

Big George wrote:You won't be allowed to drop a band
Just out of curiosity is this really true?? I find that rather astonishing and cannot comprehend the legality behind it. Can't remember this ever being mentioned or has it been hidden away in a disclaimer....
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

]
Big George wrote:You won't be allowed to drop a band
[quote="tevez'skettle1895"
Just out of curiosity is this really true?? I find that rather astonishing and cannot comprehend the legality behind it. Can't remember this ever being mentioned or has it been hidden away in a disclaimer....[/quote]
You can drop a band, you can't buy it within the window for your band.
You have to wait until all STHs have had an opportunity to buy.
tevez'skettle1895

[/quote] You can drop a band, you can't buy it within the window for your band.
You have to wait until all STHs have had an opportunity to buy.[/quote]

Ahh, Thank you, presumed this would be the case
So would a Band 4 STH effectively get first dibs on Band 5 seats before those on the waiting list??

Do find it astonishing that for example somebody wanting to downgrade from Band 2 to 4, would be forced to scramble and effectively be force fed the left overs. Sadly I think it's rather telling that I don't recall this ever being mentioned on any club communications
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

tevez'skettle1895 wrote:Do find it astonishing that for example somebody wanting to downgrade from Band 2 to 4, would be forced to scramble and effectively be force fed the left overs. Sadly I think it's rather telling that I don't recall this ever being mentioned on any club communications
http://www.whufc.com/New-Stadium/2016-17-Season-Tickets
"Supporters who wish to move down a price band will be able to do so; however, only after all supporters in that price band have had the opportunity to select their seat."

Don't agree with everything the club have done on the new ST's but they got this one right.
tevez'skettle1895

http://www.whufc.com/New-Stadium/2016-17-Season-Tickets
"Supporters who wish to move down a price band will be able to do so; however, only after all supporters in that price band have had the opportunity to select their seat."

Don't agree with everything the club have done on the new ST's but they got this one right.[/quote]

Not sure about this. If you consider all STH are effectively in a banded queue by price to select their seats. I'm in Band 4 but wouldn't have an issue with someone dropping down from band 2 (lets say for financial reasons, to go with their child etc) to choose their seats in front of me.
Beefy's mum

OAP Band 5 ticket price?

Post by Beefy's mum »

Any-one know the price of a Band 5 OAP ticket?

Band 1 is £450
Band 2 is £399
Band 3 is £299
Band 4 is £250

Can only see the full price of £289 being banded about? logic would suggest it's got to be less than £250? all OAP's in Band's 1 to 4 are half price, so assume it's going to be £145?
M8XXXV

Post by M8XXXV »

Im looking to get a get a couple of band 5 seats through STH amnesty window thingy - though hadn't considered that they may well have sold out already. Would anyone be able to confirm whether there are any band 5s still available?
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2429 likes
Total likes: 77 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

I didn't think that they had started selling band 5 tickets yet? Each STH (and +2s) were only allowed to buy the same band or higher, as there is currently no band 5 that implies that none can have been sold yet.
WokyIron

Post by WokyIron »

I called the reservation centre last week about buying a Band 5 ticket for a friend during the amnesty and the lady said "Yes you can buy a band 5 ticket as all season ticket holders will have had their appointments by then"

She then said "Band 5s don't go on sale until 1 February" so I pointed out that the amnesty window finished on 31 January to which she replied "Oh, errrr, fill in the form online and someone will call you about it"....obviously didn't have a clue what she was talking about!!

I've filled in the form but I don't hold out much hope that anyone will call me!
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

WokyIron wrote:I called the reservation centre last week about buying a Band 5 ticket for a friend during the amnesty and the lady said "Yes you can buy a band 5 ticket as all season ticket holders will have had their appointments by then"

She then said "Band 5s don't go on sale until 1 February" so I pointed out that the amnesty window finished on 31 January to which she replied "Oh, errrr, fill in the form online and someone will call you about it"....obviously didn't have a clue what she was talking about!!

I've filled in the form but I don't hold out much hope that anyone will call me!

Mixed bag of nuts the sales team it would seem. Our guy was very good and knowledgable. Team was probably assembled in a hurry with minimal training
M8XXXV

Post by M8XXXV »

Purchased two band 5 seats today, the STH we got into the amnesty with has a band 2 ticket so you can indeed go down bands.

Sounds like plenty of people are taking up the amnesty offer, so much so that we had to purchase on the phone as they had no reservation centre slots. Block 242, row 60 odd - which judging by all the maps I can find appears to be band 3? Perhaps they've reclassified (or the maps I am looking at are wrong). As we done it on the phone haven't got to see the view but from the pictures I've found online from similar positions does not look too bad at all.

Pretty chuffed, 16 quid a game! Really can't turn your nose up at that.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

So block 244 row 60 is band 5 and block 230 row 63 is band 4....how does that work ?
M8XXXV

Post by M8XXXV »

Found the email and it's actually row 63.
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

So your in the same row as my mate but nearer the centre line and he's paid £499 (band 4) and you paid £289 (band 5), that can't be right ?
Edit...
Sorry, just looked at the map, your block is the same in relation to the pitch as his but at the other end of the East stand. Still seems wrong that he's paying £200 more than yourself !
M8XXXV

Post by M8XXXV »

Yeah, I was perhaps wondering if they had made a mistake but I have payment confirmation and seat details to hand and can confirm we're block 242, row 63 and paid 289 a piece.

Just seen your edit: v odd indeed, maybe there's something dodgy about them I've yet to discover
taffhammer

Post by taffhammer »

Haha, good luck to you fella. It's great you got a bargin, just seems bad darts by the club on the ones who paid alot more for the indentical view.