Upgrading Concession Season Tickets

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

the polecat

Upgrading Concession Season Tickets

Post by the polecat »

Hello, apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit of how many times a concession season ticket can get upgraded throughout the season.

If an adult and an U21 want to share a season ticket and buy an U21 ticket, would the adult be able to upgrade it for the 9 or 10 other games?

How much does the upgrade cost? Is a cat A game upgrade more than a cat B? Is the upgrade the difference between the U21 price and the buy-on-the-day matchday adult price or is it worked out against an average ST match price?

For example, I buy a U21 band 4 ST for £250. If I then upgraded all 19 games to an adult, would the total add up to £499 (adult band 4 ST price)?

Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, but I'm just trying to work out the most cost effective way.
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Re: Upgrading Concession Season Tickets

Post by bengeo »

At the reservation centre they said that the £99 kids tickets could be upgraded for any matches in the first season, but would be restricted to the "normal" 6 matches a season after that. They implied that the upgrade charge would be the difference to the average match price on the ST.
the polecat

Post by the polecat »

Thanks Bengeo
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

That actually helps me a lot too. My mate who I sit next to in STBL may be moving to New York in January so doesn't want to commit to a season ticket next year but also doesn't want to lose the chance to have a season ticket. Guessing it wouldn't be too much hassle to upgrade the whole season ticket if you wanted to?
the polecat

Post by the polecat »

MNOB: I emailed the ticket office and got quite a detailed reply...

There is not a limit to how many times you can upgrade a ticket throughout the season. These do depend on the category of game (A,B,C) and the area of which you are sat – as you state below in band 4

The prices are not yet known for upgrading a ticket for next season, as this will be announced around 2 weeks before the season starts.

Based on the previous seasons upgrades and ticket prices, you do tend to pay more overall if you upgrade every game compared to paying for an adult season ticket
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

the polecat wrote:MNOB: I emailed the ticket office and got quite a detailed reply...

There is not a limit to how many times you can upgrade a ticket throughout the season. These do depend on the category of game (A,B,C) and the area of which you are sat – as you state below in band 4

The prices are not yet known for upgrading a ticket for next season, as this will be announced around 2 weeks before the season starts.

Based on the previous seasons upgrades and ticket prices, you do tend to pay more overall if you upgrade every game compared to paying for an adult season ticket
What does the part I've highlighted actually mean, given he's just said "There is not a limit to how many times you can upgrade a ticket throughout the season"?
the polecat

Post by the polecat »

JBB: It means that the upgrade costs vary depending on the category.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1785 likes
Total likes: 2071 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

:thup: