Last event at the Olympic stadium...

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Gnome, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

Mr_Rook

Last event at the Olympic stadium...

Post by Mr_Rook »

Is currently taking place the race of champions, the next event will be West Ham making there debut.

The presenter just slagged us off and the move though :shock:
RayleighIrons
Has liked: 10 likes
Total likes: 33 likes

Re: Last event at the Olympic stadium...

Post by RayleighIrons »

The race of champions? That'll fill the Olympic stadium every week.

The commentator is a div.
WokyIron

Post by WokyIron »

I think you've forgotten about the athletics next summer before our first game....
Mr_Rook

Post by Mr_Rook »

Thats why i thought but she seemed insistent it was us next up. :? i didnt doubt her given she is a sky presenter
WokyIron

Post by WokyIron »

Tickets are already on sale for the 2016 Anniversary Games 22 - 24 July so she ought to do her research better!
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 20 likes

Post by clawhammer »

WokyIron wrote:Tickets are already on sale for the 2016 Anniversary Games 22 - 24 July so she ought to do her research better!
I bought some months ago!
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Wish it bloody was.

There's still over 6 months for the ****ing place to fall into a sink hole :thup:
Claretdave
Harry's estranged lovechild
Location: Congratulations you have just met the LME (Liberal Metropolitan Elite).

Post by Claretdave »

Just been

I am afraid to say the stadium, and indeed the whole area, is a total dump. Crap, unfinished look about the stadium, no local pubs (although dull chain restaurants).

Really deflated this evening.
Rocketron
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 50 likes

Post by Rocketron »

Claretdave wrote:Just been

I am afraid to say the stadium, and indeed the whole area, is a total dump. Crap, unfinished look about the stadium, no local pubs (although dull chain restaurants).

The Langthorne – 14 Broadway E15 4QS

Tucked into a 1970′s style block, this was not an appealing pub at all. Keep walking and cross the road we reckon!

Not really that old!Ye Olde Black Bull – Cnr Broadway and Burtons Court E15 4BQ

Over the road from the Langthorne is this large corporate style pub with large TVs. An acceptable option if in need.

Queens HeadQueens Head – West Ham Lane E15 4PH

Large sports pub, a little better than the rest around. We expect this to be busy during the games due to ease of access to the station. Not a bad option.

Princess of WalesThe Princess of Wales – 25 West Ham Lane E15 4PH

A bit of a run down band pub, hosting comedy nights. Looks rough from the outside but is quite pleasant inside. Not one to cross town for, but a better option in this area.
Didn't look too far , did you cd ?
I've drunk in all of these and they beat the pubs around The Boleyn Ground hands down (apart from The Black Lion in Plaistow).
hammers1954

Post by hammers1954 »

Claretdave wrote:Just been

If you think the Olympic Park and Stratford is a "total dump" I dread to think what you think about Upton Park. It just goes to show that the billions spent on the Olympic Park and Westfield doesn't go far!. As for local pubs look in Stratford as suggested by Rockerton. To his his list you can add the King Edward VII.

As for the stadium, well it is unfinished. With more to be done on retractable seating, new track, new pitch and, that horrible phrase, the "West Hamification' of the stadium.
Beavis Danzig
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 733 likes

Post by Beavis Danzig »

work a stone's throw from the big beast on the other side of the canal. quite enjoy the walk to the dlr along the greenway on the way home at night. bi polar mix of bombsite chic old warehouses, sci fi neon lit skyscrapers, giant mounds of earth on desolate brown field lands.

feels like something out of blade runner, the furthest thing in my mind from west ham though.
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 917 likes
Total likes: 1919 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Beavis Danzig wrote: blade runner
Sounds a good walk BD. Does it pass that wonderful Victorian pump house?

Any idea how long it takes to walk from West Ham station along the greenway to the stadium?