A letter to David Sullivan

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Big John

A letter to David Sullivan

Post by Big John »

I very rarely post anything on here these days but after choosing my seat on Saturday for the new stadium i thought i'd share this letter which i posted today to David Sullivan :

Mr David Sullivan

Firstly let me start with a bit about me . I’ve been a West Ham United fan since the early 80’s, too young to remember our last Cup win. Father was an Arsenal fan , Uncle’s Tottenham fans & brother’s Arsenal & Tottenham, i’m the only West Ham fan in my family. Mother hates football, you get the drift. I’ve been a season ticket holder over Upton Park for i’d say about 20 years , apart from the 4 years i was living/working abroad in South-East Asia, in which i still travelled to Palermo away FROM Thailand in 2006 in the UEFA cup, which took us 48 hours travelling to get there and another 48 hours to get back to Thailand. I also travelled to Beijing, China in 2009 for the Asian Premier league Trophy, with numerous other trips across the world following my beloved West Ham United.

On Saturday 21st November 2015, i had my appointment, with my friends, to go and pick my new seat for the Olympic Stadium, Season 2016/17. We were all very impressed with the new stadium & how great it looks & we all couldn’t wait for the move. We currently sit in the Bobby Moore Lower ( Row P, seat -). Instead of trying to get the same view we have at Upton Park, we decided to chose seats in the Upper Tier & thought the view was much better than the Lower Tier. At £499 we thought excellent value for money , now here’s why i’m writing you this letter.

With Xmas coming up & me knowing that i’d have to pay 25% deposit , i had to sell some of my Home Matchday tickets via your Ticket Trader Service, the games i had to miss were Newcastle, Everton & West Brom this Sunday. With the Ticket Trader service it states that you use your credit for future West ham Tickets, Season Tickets etc.... So i managed to raise £89.55 ( email attached ) . Now to my amazement when paying for my deposit with the assistant, who i must say was very helpful, i was told that i couldn’t use my E-Purse Credit for this deposit but I could use it in the future. Let’s be honest David , this is a complete joke , having to pay 25% now for next season is a joke in itself, but for me to have to sell tickets via Ticket Trader to raise money for the deposit, to then be told that i couldn’t use this credit is
beyond a joke. I’m now £89.55 down which will make Christmas even harder, this isn’t a sob
story , this is real life. I don’t expect you to reply or probably even read my letter but you say you are fans , why don’t you try and help us then , especially when we have E-Purse credit & can’t use it when purchasing another West Ham product ie. new season ticket.

:crest:
wolf359
Has liked: 1558 likes
Total likes: 1703 likes

Re: A letter to David Sullivan

Post by wolf359 »

Seems like a reasonable request to me, but I'm sure someone at the club will tell us why this isn't. Good luck and hope you get a reply.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

tweet it to him and jack
Big John

Post by Big John »

I've decided to use the old fashioned way , good old Royal Mail & wait for a response
fjthegrey
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 1179 likes

Post by fjthegrey »

Big John wrote:I've decided to use the old fashioned way , good old Royal Mail & wait for a response
You can wait till 2018 for a response?
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 199 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

they love a bit of social media and will be scared of the retweets i imagine - not that im on twitter !!
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 127 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Reasonable request and a reasonable argument. Good luck with it.

I can't see any reply proving satisfactory. They can't cope with common sense.
Gep

Post by Gep »

Unfortunately No one's your friend when it comes to money these days. Its Business. Thats how they've become rich.
BarryGreen

Post by BarryGreen »

Got my appointment tomorrow. I will ask if I can use my credit and if not what the reasons behind it are.
Big John

Post by Big John »

Gep wrote:Unfortunately No one's your friend when it comes to money these days. Its Business. Thats how they've become rich.
I don't want to be his friend, i just want my money!
Big John

Post by Big John »

BarryGreen wrote:Got my appointment tomorrow. I will ask if I can use my credit and if not what the reasons behind it are.
I did ask for a reason why i couldn't use my credit , he couldn't give one , good luck
Gep

Post by Gep »

Big John wrote:I don't want to be his friend, i just want my money!

They dont want to be your friend. Just your money.
MrDallas
Total likes: 1 like

Post by MrDallas »

If you've sent this to the club I don't believe they reach mr Sullivan (and gold/Brady)

I would guesstimate that the new season ticket sales have nothing to do and don't even use the same system as this season tickets one (SEE?) so despite one hand of whufc saying you have £89 the other has no idea what your on about.
Big John

Post by Big John »

MrDallas wrote:If you've sent this to the club I don't believe they reach mr Sullivan (and gold/Brady)

I would guesstimate that the new season ticket sales have nothing to do and don't even use the same system as this season tickets one (SEE?) so despite one hand of whufc saying you have £89 the other has no idea what your on about.
I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all , I have credit with WHUFC Ltd , i was also told that i can use it in the future but just not now , so there's goes your theory
MrDallas

Post by MrDallas »

Big John wrote:

I'm sorry but that makes no sense at all , I have credit with WHUFC Ltd , i was also told that i can use it in the future but just not now , so there's goes your theory
not a theory as youve allready proven it, the two ticketing systems are totally diffrent so you cant apply credit accrued on one to the other.
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

MrDallas wrote: I would guesstimate that the new season ticket sales have nothing to do and don't even use the same system as this season tickets one (SEE?) so despite one hand of whufc saying you have £89 the other has no idea what your on about.
The whole point of ticket trader and one they push to get you use it is you can set the money you get against a future season ticket. So why is it not linked up to his future season ticket ? The two things are exactly the same. My mate gave his ticket up for one game and we asked the guy sat in his seat how much he paid. He got it from ticket trader for £50. The club offered my mate £20 towards the next season ticket and have since claimed no record of having sold it. Whole things a con.
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

This is very poor darts from the club!
MrDallas

Post by MrDallas »

popped down to the TO sort a extra ticket out and confirmed as im nice like that :D

E-Purse cannot be used for ST deposits, but can be used in may when the balance is due.

belive this is purely down to this season using one ticking system, and next season another, hope that helps
Big John

Post by Big John »

I didn't get any response from Sullivan , no surprise there , so i sent an email to Gavin Stanley, Head of Ticketing, very helpful

Good Afternoon,

I hope you are well and enjoyed the reservation centre experience. I am surprised they did not confirm at the appointment you attended but I’m pleased to say Yes the e-purse credit is available for spending against your season ticket renewal (full outstanding balance) when season ticket renewals open, as you would have found however its not available for us against the 25% deposit.

I hope this information helps and apologise for any confusion, inconvenience or misinformation previously provided.

Kind Regards

Gavin
clawhammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

I am with you on this. If somebody owes you money it is not for them to dictate that you cannot spend it in the way you choose. You are in credit and they are hanging onto your money. That is plain wrong.