The Boleyn's Last Stand - Possible Club Tactics.

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

@TFSH_WHUFC
Has liked: 2 likes

The Boleyn's Last Stand - Possible Club Tactics.

Post by @TFSH_WHUFC »

A ITK person known to me has advised that the last game at UP will be the most stewarded game ever in the history of our club (thought is that the additional stewards for OS will be in attendance to see how it runs at UP) and we will be searched on entry and any "DIY" equipment that can be used for loosening fixings confiscated, the club seem determined not to allow supporters to help themselves to "memorabilia" as they want to sell as much as they can prior to our great stadium being knocked down and anything that can be removed prior to last game will be.

They will also try to stop a pitch invasion (where's our party on the pitch Mr Gold) and it has also be said that anyone found with "memorabilia" on there person when exiting could be arrested for theft!!!!!!

I think our owners are starting to get a bit twitchy in the run up to the last game at UP :arry:

Thoughts???
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 144 likes

Re: The Boleyn's Last Stand - Possible Club Tactics.

Post by cockney hammer »

they should let you guys take what you want all the money you have spent over the years just greed on the clubs part sadly your loyalty counts for nothing and it is the only reason they moved to srartford is the huge ay day they are going to get when they sell the club sad very sad :crest:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

I predicted on here that I could see a lot of trouble after I originally saw the advert for summer events. I truly believe the owners have done so much good for the club, but this good is often undone by some poorly thought out decisions.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

Sweeney Bod wrote:I predicted on here that I could see a lot of trouble after I originally saw the advert for summer events. I truly believe the owners have done so much good for the club, but this good is often undone by some poorly thought out decisions.

i really could see it kicking off emotions will be sky high
Turns to Stone
Has liked: 229 likes
Total likes: 1454 likes

Post by Turns to Stone »

Just unscrew your seat at the next home game, sit on a wobbly seat for the last 7 or 8 homes games, and then on the final day....straight down the front of your dungarees and job's a good'un.

They should have consulted me on the Hatton Gardens raid. They'd have never got caught!
Last edited by Turns to Stone on Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cockney hammer
Resident badge expert

Post by cockney hammer »

They should have consulted me on the Hatton Gardens raid. They'd have never got caught!

lol tts :D
Kermit
Has liked: 87 likes
Total likes: 315 likes

Post by Kermit »

Up to a point I can see the club's point of view in this. And I also suspect the local Health & Safety people have had input as well. It's understandable that people want to take a little bit of memorabilia away after their last visit but problems could arise if different people want the same prize.

As said elsewhere it will be an emotional day and passions will be running high. The last thing anyone wants to see is everything kicking off because Bloke A has stabbed Bloke B with his screwdriver because they both wanted the same seat.

Banning people from the pitch is definite overkill but I guess if 30 odd thousand want a piece of turf as a souvenir there might not be enough to go round. And that's where the problems might start.

One thing's for sure. The eyes of the world will be on the club on that day and it would be a great shame if a defining moment in our club's history is ruined by poor planning and communication.
fmgod
Has liked: 51 likes
Total likes: 148 likes

Post by fmgod »

The problem is like most stuff you'll get one or two idiots potentially spoil it for the normal behaved thousands
UptonPK

Post by UptonPK »

Not sure why some are so obsessed with nicking their seat and a lump of turf.
It's not your seat, it's the clubs. So what if they want a few extra quid to help pay for Payet's renegotiated contract.
I'll be happy to keep my self respect and buy mine.
brownout
Has liked: 91 likes
Total likes: 173 likes

Post by brownout »

If a lot of people push forward to get on the pitch then it will become a safety issue and the stewards will have to allow them to do so.
Obviously I'm not advocating that but it may well happen so the best way to stop potential crushing would be to recognise this and allow supporters on the pitch in an orderly manner.
Dwightster

Post by Dwightster »

Looking forward to grown men running on the pitch like loons, ripping up the pitch and thinking they're Bob the Builder attempting to unscrew their seats and fighting over a piece of plastic.

What a image of our last game at home. :thdn:
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

Why does it make fans loons to go on the pitch?

Especially when there's not really any more football to be played on it after then.
Dwightster

Post by Dwightster »

Mega Ron wrote:Why does it make fans loons to go on the pitch?

Especially when there's not really any more football to be played on it after then.
I'd say they were loons if they got banned from The Olympic Stadium for invading the pitch to grab a piece of grass.
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

I think it very sensible that the club would seek to avoid having 35,000 supporters turning up with a screwdriver in their pocket
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

the pink palermo wrote:I think it very sensible that the club would seek to avoid having 35,000 supporters turning up with a screwdriver in their pocket
I agree 100%..... Also, just because you have a season ticket, and you have sat on the same seat for years, does not mean you can steal the seat does it? Imagine twenty thousand people all trying to rip the seats out!

Nothing wrong with running on the pitch though......
Doc H Ball
Has liked: 914 likes
Total likes: 1902 likes

Post by Doc H Ball »

Stealing :lol:

I've paid about £20k for it.

I'll post them another fiver if they want.
Mega Ron
Has liked: 170 likes
Total likes: 174 likes

Post by Mega Ron »

I wouldn't want the piece of tat anyway.

Or the grass.

I do want to walk about on the pitch though.
clawhammer
Total likes: 21 likes

Post by clawhammer »

Mega Ron wrote:I wouldn't want the piece of tat anyway.

Or the grass.

I do want to walk about on the pitch though.
Is the right answer!
the pink palermo
Huge noggin
Has liked: 746 likes
Total likes: 2903 likes

Post by the pink palermo »

costa75 wrote:I agree 100%..... Also, just because you have a season ticket, and you have sat on the same seat for years, does not mean you can steal the seat does it? Imagine twenty thousand people all trying to rip the seats out!

For clarity my concern has nothing to do with who owns the seat , it's the thought of 35k people carrying potentially lethal weapons at a time when emotions could be running high .
carnage
Has liked: 85 likes
Total likes: 705 likes

Post by carnage »

the pink palermo wrote: For clarity my concern has nothing to do with who owns the seat , it's the thought of 35k people carrying potentially lethal weapons at a time when emotions could be running high .
Let's just hope our last game doesn't end up being Manchester United at home. It's got mayhem written all over it.