Close to a Full House?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Hammerted
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Close to a Full House?

Post by Hammerted »

I've always been pro the move and believe we will have no problem filling the OS. I'm also fed up of rival fans telling me how we will be playing in front of thousands of empty seats every other week.

I read on here somewhere that we have just reached the point where ST applications for the OS have surpassed the current capacity at the BG, which if true, is great news. I know we plan to give away around 5k tickets per game and have limited areas where it will only cost £5. Then there's the away allocation to consider.

So, can someone please help me with the basic sum below, where I have used 'made up' numbers.

35k ST Holders
5k Free Tickets
5k £5 Tickets
5k Away Tickets

That would only leave around 4k tickets for Members and General Sale, which would surely be snapped up. This also doesn't allow for any further STs sold between now and the start of the season.

Am I missing something obvious here or are we close to being able to say with absolute confidence that we will be playing in front of a full house?
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Re: Close to a Full House?

Post by costa75 »

I think that they were very confident of a full house some time ago!
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

I sincerely hope they will not be giving away 5000 tickets to away supporters if we have any kind of waiting list for tickets, I see no reason why we don't give the same 3000 or so that other clubs allocate.
bengeo
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by bengeo »

Hammerted wrote: So, can someone please help me with the basic sum below, where I have used 'made up' numbers.

35k ST Holders
5k Free Tickets
5k £5 Tickets
5k Away Tickets
The stated plan is to sell 40,000 Season Tickets and I guess that includes the 3400 or so corporate / hospitality seats.

PL away allocation is up to 3000.

Free tickets are up to 100,000 across all sport and music events at the OS, so unlikely to be anywhere near 5000 at PL matches. See this section of the agreement:

Don't know where you get the 5k £5 Tickets from? If we are going to have 5000 free and 5000 at £5 that would only leave 44,000 real tickets.

One of the rugby games had 56,000 and they have said they can go to 60,000 so I expect a lot more than 4000 tickets to go on sale to members and general.
Hammerted
Has liked: 62 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Hammerted »

Thanks bengeo, that makes more sense. I've clearly misinterpreted a lot of what has been released. I had it in my head that the lovely Baroness B said something about certain areas of the stadium would have seats available at £5, but maybe not.

Anyhow, I'm much more confident about our ability to fill the place.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

:?

I thought it was widely expected that we would easily have a full house next season and the club are already looking at increasing the capacity from 54k to 70k?

As has been mentioned on this forum the 40k season tickets available won't be enough and there will be thousands left disappointed. Claret & Hugh have re-iterated this point again today:

"25,000 to miss out on OS season ticket"

http://www.claretandhugh.info/25000-to- ... son-ticket

So my understanding is that there will only be 2 remaining reasons we wouldn't sell out next season:
  • 1. Home Matchday tickets: 9,000 available per match
    2. Away tickets: 5,000 available per match

I'd be amazed if the 9k home tickets don't sell out, given that is actually far less than the number of home matchday tickets available at The Boleyn this season.

Therefore I would think it's the number of away supporters who turn up which might prevent a full house. I guess maybe the likes of Swansea might fail to fulfil their allocation, for example.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

I just hope that those people on the waiting list, like me, that have been given an appointment (phone or personal visit in Stratford) actually will still be offered tickets. The disappointment at this stage of NOT getting ANY kind of ticket for the OS would be huge.

It's slightly different of course if you have entered the waiting list pretty late, so at a certain point there will obviously be people not even getting appointments anymore because there simply are no tickets left to sell.

As for those 5K free tickets you cannot break it down like that. It'll be 100K throughout the season for all kinds of events, community sports etc.
5K free tickets for Newham residents will be very rare for West Ham games, it surely will not be the average number of free tickets.
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

Hammerted wrote:I had it in my head that the lovely Baroness B said something about certain areas of the stadium would have seats available at £5, but maybe not.
I think she was referring to the Under 16 Season Tickets which work out to just over £5 per game.
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

WestHamIFC wrote: ...
2. Away tickets: 5,000 available per match
Therefore I would think it's the number of away supporters who turn up which might prevent a full house. I guess maybe the likes of Swansea might fail to fulfil their allocation, for example.
Away tickets for PL should be limited to 3000, not 5000.

If away teams don't take up their full allocation then these seats should go on general sale as now.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

bengeo wrote:
Away tickets for PL should be limited to 3000, not 5000.

If away teams don't take up their full allocation then these seats should go on general sale as now.
OK this being the case then I can't see any reason why we wouldn't sell out every home game in the PL other than ridiculously expensive match-day ticket pricing (which haven't been released yet - so I have no idea yet how prohibitive that might be).
Iron-worx

Post by Iron-worx »

I gave up looking at this forum way back because it had become a moan fest of it will be half empty, I won't be going there....

A while back some of the I won't be going there's became sheepish well I'm going after alls....

Now it turns out that extra seats might have to be made available as it looks to be a sell out. :lol:
Mr Mont
Has liked: 3 likes
Total likes: 1 like

Post by Mr Mont »

Iron-worx wrote:I gave up looking at this forum way back because it had become a moan fest of it will be half empty, I won't be going there....

A while back some of the I won't be going there's became sheepish well I'm going after alls....

Now it turns out that extra seats might have to be made available as it looks to be a sell out. :lol:
Spot on. I have been a regular visitor to this forum over the last couple of years and despite early reservations am now firmly in the pro move camp. I rarely posted as anything positive on here was pounced upon by several vociferous members! I note that these days the mood is much more positive with the naysayers reducing in numbers!

This move is going to be a catalyst for better times ahead, no doubt in my mind.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Mr Mont wrote: anything positive on here was pounced upon by several vociferous members!
It was actually very few, totally unrepresentative of the consensus. But agreed they were vociferous in the extreme hi-jacking this into a forum of negativity.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Indeed, it is often the case that the very few make the most noise. Their constant negativity was really something.
Last edited by costa75 on Sat Feb 13, 2016 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1mcavennie
Total likes: 1 like

Post by 1mcavennie »

I was very anti a while back - mainly due to ill-feeling from not being fairly consulted on the move. I posted a few challenges on here which I hope were fair. My overriding concern was that I would be asked to pay more for a worse view. The 20+% reduction in ST prices for band 4 obviously made a massive difference.

I have moved from standing in the BML (where I have been since it was built) to sitting in the upper tier in the east side - which is still band 4.

I've been happy to change my view but better communication earlier might have prevented some of the negativity.

COYI
Francoisvander or else
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 98 likes

Post by Francoisvander or else »

Let's wait to see how they will allocate cup final tickets (if we ever get to one) to 40,000 season ticket holders before we get excited, nothing surprises me with this lot as far as tickets are concerned.
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

Francoisvander or else wrote:Let's wait to see how they will allocate cup final tickets (if we ever get to one) to 40,000 season ticket holders before we get excited, nothing surprises me with this lot as far as tickets are concerned.

To be fair, that just seems an unsolvable problem for any big, well supported club. I guess it can either be done as a 'raffle', st history or priority to away fans.
The Collector
Has liked: 4 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by The Collector »

I must admit the ST sales have surprised me. I work with a Man U ST holder who said that he was looking forward to us moving to the OS as they would bring about 10k and make the atmosphere like a home game for them. I tended to agree with him then but happy to be wrong now.

The only query I have is surely the extra ST numbers are taken up with the current members and casual match day ticket buyers and therefore we may not need too many of these in the OS.
Chicken Run Supreme
Has liked: 848 likes
Total likes: 823 likes

Post by Chicken Run Supreme »

I am a member on the priority list. I renewed my membership in September but do not expect to get a reservation appointment, there just aren't enough seats to go round. The fact that the club are still actively encouraging people to join this list and pay a non refundable tenner stinks.
frankiemac

Post by frankiemac »

Chicken Run Supreme wrote:I am a member on the priority list. I renewed my membership in September but do not expect to get a reservation appointment, there just aren't enough seats to go round. The fact that the club are still actively encouraging people to join this list and pay a non refundable tenner stinks.
Got my season ticket last month, plenty left...the geezer who sold me mine reckoned the 54k capacity was more than enough...at the point Brady was gobbling off that we had sold 40k, we hadn't hit 30k

When I went in jan, the fella rejoined we were at about 33k...a long way to go until we are full...and if we sell out and there's thousands still willing to buy, we have the option to apply for an extension on the capacity