Close to a Full House?

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Dr_Dan

Re: Close to a Full House?

Post by Dr_Dan »

Seeing as they are going to have state of art turnstiles at the new stadium. If a ticket is not being used and not put up on ticket trader for games, they should know and the ticket should be reclaimed by the club.
farmergiles
Has liked: 15 likes
Total likes: 6 likes

Post by farmergiles »

Dr_Dan wrote:Seeing as they are going to have state of art turnstiles at the new stadium. If a ticket is not being used and not put up on ticket trader for games, they should know and the ticket should be reclaimed by the club.
You would have to make every STH go online and state whether they were using it or not though? Otherwise how will the club know that it's not being used.

If you're going online to do that, you may as well do ticket trader and get some credits for Cup games or next years cost.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Pop Robson wrote: " I do the big games, but not Stoke and the like, it's only £15 if I don't go"

Bloke down the pub talking about his £289 ticket
Exactly the same thing happened in the old days when tickets were affordable. I knew plenty of non West Ham who used to go to the Boleyn and pay £9 on the door around the late 1980's / early 1990's because they simply fancied taking in a game. Some Liverpool supporting Essex mates used to join me on occasion.

If you are in favour of affordable tickets then you have to accept this is more likely to happen, as it would happen at any ground, any club.
Dr_Dan

Post by Dr_Dan »

Surely the state of the art turnstiles registers the tickets that have been used. I'm obviously not talking about missing one game, but if by Christmas the computer highlights a ticket has been to less than say 60% of games. The person should be written to reminding them there is waiting list, with people who want to go.
Surely lots of empty seats is not what us or the club wants.
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

Dr_Dan wrote:Surely lots of empty seats is not what us or the club wants.
I think the problems is the seats are not technically 'empty' in the eyes of the owners. Isn't this the problem Arsenal have? Every game is a sell out, but a slightly more monied fan isn't bothered about shifting a ticket if he/she can't be bothered to attend. hence loads of empty seats.

Can definitely see this being a problem. If you have a £50 ticket you'll want to shift it. But what if it's £15?
Pop Robson
Has liked: 34 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by Pop Robson »

They'll be doing a loyalty type points system the same as Man City, you'll get points for attending home games, spending it the shop etc

So they'll know if the ST has been used, but that's your choice once you've paid, whether £1100 or £289

£99 spares are either kids seats or spares as the salesmen pitched when buying.

saying we've Sold Out is more important, plus increases the interest.

Unless we're **** !!!
Hampshire Hammer
Has liked: 2430 likes
Total likes: 76 likes

Post by Hampshire Hammer »

WestHamIFC wrote: Exactly the same thing happened in the old days when tickets were affordable. I knew plenty of non West Ham who used to go to the Boleyn and pay £9 on the door around the late 1980's / early 1990's because they simply fancied taking in a game. Some Liverpool supporting Essex mates used to join me on occasion.

If you are in favour of affordable tickets then you have to accept this is more likely to happen, as it would happen at any ground, any club.
Exactly, if West Ham were away or didn't have a game then we used to go and watch someone else. I used to live walking distance from Fulham and would sometimes decide on the day to wander down. If tickets are cheap people are going to be more open to going to random games but I think the days of decide on the day have gone.
arlhe
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Post by arlhe »

In the 70s I'd go to other games if West Ham were away. So did lots of people. I never supported anyone else, just enjoyed a game of football.