Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

All you need to know about West Ham United FC's potential move to Stratford.

Moderators: bristolhammerfc, sicknote, -DL-, Rio, Gnome, chalks, the pink palermo

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby Heysel76 on Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:00 pm

antony wrote:I'm just hoping we might have a working clock at the new ground. I've lost count of the amount of times the clocks at the Boleyn have bollocked over the last few years.

On that subject, i hope any clock they have will actually be able to show how much injury time has been played.
Unless you remember to set your own timer at the end of 90, it's hard to keep track of how long has been played.
Unless of course it's not allowed?
User avatar
Heysel76
 
Posts: 4208
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:11 pm
Location: 父 父 Lincolnshire, (formerly Hornchurch) 父 父

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby sanchoz on Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:49 am

Heysel76 wrote: it's not allowed


Part of the reason why the clock on the Bobby Moore stand has not been fixed for years cause it displayed the actual time and people could (roughly) work out how much extra time had been played.
User avatar
sanchoz
 
Posts: 10656
Joined: Wed May 18, 2005 3:41 am
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby hammerofthedogs on Thu Mar 10, 2016 2:15 pm

sanchoz wrote:Part of the reason why the clock on the Bobby Moore stand has not been fixed for years cause it displayed the actual time and people could (roughly) work out how much extra time had been played.


Best the powers that be ignore the fact that there are 35,000 clocks at every game built into 35,000 mobile phones... plus of course a not insignificant amount of wristwatches for those that prefer a more traditional form of timekeeping.
User avatar
hammerofthedogs
 
Posts: 334
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:34 pm
Location: suffolk all the rest

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby MikeNewell'sOldBoys on Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:08 am

Looks like Barcelona are going for exposed concourses when they expand their stadium. Could do with a wrap..




http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... mp-Nou.jpg
Last edited by sicknote on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image too large, if you don't know how to resize pictures please refer to t's and c's and only post links
User avatar
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
 
Posts: 2722
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 7:46 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby a86 on Fri Mar 11, 2016 2:11 pm

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote:Looks like Barcelona are going for exposed concourses when they expand their stadium. Could do with a wrap..
http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... mp-Nou.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;


I love that - its a fantastic design.

I prefer stadiums that show the structure, I think wraps cheapen the design, look at Bayern Munich's Stadium Allianz arena, although it shows a simplistic design, when you look up close it's all plastic semi-transparent "bulges" which light up! wow... pretty colours!
if you compare that to the Beijing national stadium which they used for the Olympics, there's only one winner.

http://www.bestourism.com/img/items/big ... n_5483.jpg

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 02644i.jpg
Last edited by sicknote on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image too large, if you don't know how to resize pictures please refer to t's and c's and only post links
User avatar
a86
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby likemydreams on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:03 pm

User avatar
likemydreams
 
Posts: 1797
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:13 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby taffhammer on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:17 pm

To sum up rather than a digital wrap round the whole stadium they are getting a tv 83 metres wide from Argos.
User avatar
taffhammer
 
Posts: 2540
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:37 pm
Location: from the wick of hackney to the seaside

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby Aztec Hammer on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:24 pm

Arguably prefer that to a full 360 of fat middle aged blokes wearing jester hats doing the crossed hammers
User avatar
Aztec Hammer
 
Posts: 5478
Joined: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:44 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby Adie64 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:34 pm

2 Giant HD Screens with the shard design mimicking the seats inside in our colours.
Sounds great to me & to think all those jealous opposition fans were saying it will never look like your home because you don't own it! :scarfer:
User avatar
Adie64
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:59 pm
Location: Southend Essex

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby Hammer110 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:57 pm

taffhammer wrote:To sum up rather than a digital wrap round the whole stadium they are getting a tv 83 metres wide from Argos.


Article indicates more than one screen:

It would see the largest digital screens in Europe, measuring a massive 83m by 12m, installed on the outside of the Stadium.
User avatar
Hammer110
 
Posts: 2537
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:56 pm
Location: Dreaming 父 父

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby sicknote on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:28 pm

Im getting fed up editing pictures duetothem being too large, theres reasons we have a limit on size of image, if you do not know how to resize a picture post a link, and read the t's and c's

I will just delete any posts now rather than edit them

A86 thats why your has gone as your previous post in I believe the picture thread I edited and asked you not to

Please all of you give it a rest

Thank you
User avatar
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
 
Posts: 28353
Joined: Wed Dec 04, 2002 10:34 pm
Location: looking out of my secret nuclear bunker

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby Red Kens Slave on Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:48 pm

Aztec Hammer wrote:Arguably prefer that to a full 360 of fat middle aged blokes wearing jester hats doing the crossed hammers


Agreed. Less is more.
Red Kens Slave
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:54 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby the bubble hammer on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:03 pm

Have to say I disagree. I think the full digital wrap would have looked stunning. have the club yet revealed the official reason they haven't gone ahead with it yet?
User avatar
the bubble hammer
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 am

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby EugeneSpeed on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:08 pm

They'd be silly to do something printed - with this at least they can change it when different events are on. I'd argue that it makes the stadium less 'ours' though. Flick a switch on match days and its West Ham, turn it off come full time and the shoppers are none the wiser.
User avatar
EugeneSpeed
 
Posts: 2715
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 10:26 pm
Location: Wimbledon

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby the bubble hammer on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:31 pm

EugeneSpeed wrote:They'd be silly to do something printed .


But that's what they are doing now? Most of it will be printed with a couple of extra large screens
User avatar
the bubble hammer
 
Posts: 1531
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:29 am

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby gavros on Wed Mar 23, 2016 5:45 pm

The proposal thy this replaces was a very low grade LED wrap that was frankly crap and provided no insulation whatsoever.

Some people may have been fooled by west hams own fanciful renders, but believe me this is miles better than was on the table.
gavros
 
Posts: 66
Joined: Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:45 pm

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Postby a86 on Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:05 pm

sicknote wrote:Im getting fed up editing pictures duetothem being too large, theres reasons we have a limit on size of image, if you do not know how to resize a picture post a link, and read the t's and c's

I will just delete any posts now rather than edit them

A86 thats why your has gone as your previous post in I believe the picture thread I edited and asked you not to

Please all of you give it a rest

Thank you


cheers... I think? just seen your post in regards to picture sizes... In another thread. will bare this in mind in future.

as I was saying.... the Stadium has an approximate 900m circumference and the screen(s) length is only 82m... surely this screen is for the main footpath and the remainder of the stadium will be in a light material fabric wrap.
User avatar
a86
 
Posts: 930
Joined: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:19 pm

Previous

Return to The Olympic Stadium

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests