Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Heysel76
Has liked: 214 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Re: Digital wrap now just a wrap!!

Post by Heysel76 »

antony wrote:I'm just hoping we might have a working clock at the new ground. I've lost count of the amount of times the clocks at the Boleyn have bollocked over the last few years.
On that subject, i hope any clock they have will actually be able to show how much injury time has been played.
Unless you remember to set your own timer at the end of 90, it's hard to keep track of how long has been played.
Unless of course it's not allowed?
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Heysel76 wrote: it's not allowed
Part of the reason why the clock on the Bobby Moore stand has not been fixed for years cause it displayed the actual time and people could (roughly) work out how much extra time had been played.
hammerofthedogs
Has liked: 5 likes
Total likes: 10 likes

Post by hammerofthedogs »

sanchoz wrote: Part of the reason why the clock on the Bobby Moore stand has not been fixed for years cause it displayed the actual time and people could (roughly) work out how much extra time had been played.
Best the powers that be ignore the fact that there are 35,000 clocks at every game built into 35,000 mobile phones... plus of course a not insignificant amount of wristwatches for those that prefer a more traditional form of timekeeping.
MikeNewell'sOldBoys
Has liked: 2 likes

Post by MikeNewell'sOldBoys »

Looks like Barcelona are going for exposed concourses when they expand their stadium. Could do with a wrap..

http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... mp-Nou.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by sicknote on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image too large, if you don't know how to resize pictures please refer to t's and c's and only post links
a86

Post by a86 »

MikeNewell'sOldBoys wrote:Looks like Barcelona are going for exposed concourses when they expand their stadium. Could do with a wrap..
http://i2.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article ... mp-Nou.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I love that - its a fantastic design.

I prefer stadiums that show the structure, I think wraps cheapen the design, look at Bayern Munich's Stadium Allianz arena, although it shows a simplistic design, when you look up close it's all plastic semi-transparent "bulges" which light up! wow... pretty colours!
if you compare that to the Beijing national stadium which they used for the Olympics, there's only one winner.

http://www.bestourism.com/img/items/big ... n_5483.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/arc ... 02644i.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by sicknote on Wed Mar 23, 2016 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: image too large, if you don't know how to resize pictures please refer to t's and c's and only post links
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016 ... n-revealed" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

To sum up rather than a digital wrap round the whole stadium they are getting a tv 83 metres wide from Argos.
Aztec Hammer
Has liked: 867 likes
Total likes: 4277 likes

Post by Aztec Hammer »

Arguably prefer that to a full 360 of fat middle aged blokes wearing jester hats doing the crossed hammers
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

2 Giant HD Screens with the shard design mimicking the seats inside in our colours.
Sounds great to me & to think all those jealous opposition fans were saying it will never look like your home because you don't own it! :scarfer:
Hammer110

Post by Hammer110 »

taffhammer wrote:To sum up rather than a digital wrap round the whole stadium they are getting a tv 83 metres wide from Argos.
Article indicates more than one screen:
It would see the largest digital screens in Europe, measuring a massive 83m by 12m, installed on the outside of the Stadium.
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Im getting fed up editing pictures duetothem being too large, theres reasons we have a limit on size of image, if you do not know how to resize a picture post a link, and read the t's and c's

I will just delete any posts now rather than edit them

A86 thats why your has gone as your previous post in I believe the picture thread I edited and asked you not to

Please all of you give it a rest

Thank you
Red Kens Slave

Post by Red Kens Slave »

Aztec Hammer wrote:Arguably prefer that to a full 360 of fat middle aged blokes wearing jester hats doing the crossed hammers
Agreed. Less is more.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by the bubble hammer »

Have to say I disagree. I think the full digital wrap would have looked stunning. have the club yet revealed the official reason they haven't gone ahead with it yet?
EugeneSpeed
Has liked: 14 likes
Total likes: 16 likes

Post by EugeneSpeed »

They'd be silly to do something printed - with this at least they can change it when different events are on. I'd argue that it makes the stadium less 'ours' though. Flick a switch on match days and its West Ham, turn it off come full time and the shoppers are none the wiser.
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like

Post by the bubble hammer »

EugeneSpeed wrote:They'd be silly to do something printed .
But that's what they are doing now? Most of it will be printed with a couple of extra large screens
gavros

Post by gavros »

The proposal thy this replaces was a very low grade LED wrap that was frankly crap and provided no insulation whatsoever.

Some people may have been fooled by west hams own fanciful renders, but believe me this is miles better than was on the table.
a86

Post by a86 »

sicknote wrote:Im getting fed up editing pictures duetothem being too large, theres reasons we have a limit on size of image, if you do not know how to resize a picture post a link, and read the t's and c's

I will just delete any posts now rather than edit them

A86 thats why your has gone as your previous post in I believe the picture thread I edited and asked you not to

Please all of you give it a rest

Thank you
cheers... I think? just seen your post in regards to picture sizes... In another thread. will bare this in mind in future.

as I was saying.... the Stadium has an approximate 900m circumference and the screen(s) length is only 82m... surely this screen is for the main footpath and the remainder of the stadium will be in a light material fabric wrap.