Priority Waiting List

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

dean1973

Priority Waiting List

Post by dean1973 »

I received a phone call from the reservation centre in December informing me that because I signed up early i will be getting a call January/February to choose my priority waiting list ticket if I still wished. I've read over 3000 people on the list have already brought tickets and just wondered if I've been overlooked because it's now mid March. Any thoughts..
trick88

Re: Priority Waiting List

Post by trick88 »

I know people on the list are still picking theirs but just drop them an email with your info on and i'm sure they'll give you some more information about it, that's what we did when most of out section had already had their appointments.

reservationcentre@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
carl252

Post by carl252 »

All depends when you joined the list. They are currently up to mid june according to the guy at the reservation centre who I spoke to this morning. I didn't join the list until mid july so i'm keeping my fingers crossed
Limehouse

Post by Limehouse »

My youngest is mid-June and has been told this morning there are a few hundred left and its 60-40 we will get in. Should know in the next few days.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 202 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

They really should stop taking money for the priority list - its a bit out of order that they are still giving people the impression they might stand a chance of a season ticket.

Even with the capacity boost I'd say its seems doubtful anyone who paid £10 after September will get a look in.
HamburgHammer
Location: Too far away from Upton Park, Hamburg, Germany, to be precise
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 7 likes

Post by HamburgHammer »

What else should they do ? The waiting list is there and those on it who miss out may still want a season ticket one or two years down the line, so it does make sense to have the list or even try to get on it.
It's ten quid, so it's not like the club is getting rich with the measure, the ten quid merely represent a certain threshold so that only those will enter the list who are remotely interested in eventually buying a season ticket.

If you pay out the ten quid back to those missing out on season tickets and close the waiting list there will be complaints again about the process in future whenever people want to get season tickets and you may have folks getting tickets before those who have been on the waiting list before.

We may not be used to this as we never had a waiting list before, but as I say it does make a lot of sense in the long run.
McKnightmare
Has liked: 22 likes
Total likes: 202 likes

Post by McKnightmare »

HamburgHammer wrote:What else should they do ? The waiting list is there and those on it who miss out may still want a season ticket one or two years down the line, so it does make sense to have the list or even try to get on it.
It's ten quid, so it's not like the club is getting rich with the measure, the ten quid merely represent a certain threshold so that only those will enter the list who are remotely interested in eventually buying a season ticket.

If you pay out the ten quid back to those missing out on season tickets and close the waiting list there will be complaints again about the process in future whenever people want to get season tickets and you may have folks getting tickets before those who have been on the waiting list before.

We may not be used to this as we never had a waiting list before, but as I say it does make a lot of sense in the long run.
I think my issue is with how its being presented - there's nothing about this being an ongoing waiting list - its all about being able to purchase 2016/17 season tickets.

http://www.whufc.com/Tickets/Match-Tick ... ority-List" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Does anybody know of the reservation centres phone number please
I paid my tenner in Aug got the phone call in Dec from them and heard nothing since.

Thanks RS
oggy1310

Post by oggy1310 »

rigoberts song wrote:Does anybody know of the reservation centres phone number please
I paid my tenner in Aug got the phone call in Dec from them and heard nothing since.

Thanks RS
The contact's page on the official website says:-

New Stadium Reservation Centre
Tel: +44 (0) 808 110 2016

I emailed yesterday asking the same question. I bought a membership in August and enrolled on this and had a call in December. The person who called me back yesterday said that I probably wouldn't get anything this year but I would get an option to buy in 2017-2018!
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

I joined the list in April 2015 and got an email in January saying make sure your contact details are up to date because they would be in touch soon. Tried to add my phone number to the reservations centre online but for some reason it wouldn't save on the website. Assumed that would be OK and not a problem because they had my email address.

Called them today (should have done so earlier, granted) and they claimed they have sent me 'a lot' of emails since January. I haven't received any. Not only that but he also said they had no band 5 left and he could only offer me band 4 - and that if I didn't do so today he would remove me from the list. Told me they had no new info about more Band 5 being on sale and I couldn't wait until next week - it was today for band 4 or off the list. I can't afford band 4, so not at all happy.
Wembley1966
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by Wembley1966 »

^^^ Tell them to book you an appointment so that you can come in and see the seats they have available. Hopefully by the time you get an appointment, then assuming what Brady said yesterday about another 5,200 Band 5 seats becoming available if they get the OK to expand to 60,000, then you might be OK.
Monkey Magic
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 12 likes

Post by Monkey Magic »

Good idea, thanks
rigoberts song
Has liked: 77 likes
Total likes: 331 likes

Post by rigoberts song »

Thanks for the number.
Spoke to the reservation manager yesterday. And he told me it all hangs on the extra 6k
If they get it then Aug Sept people will be ok if not then its a no no.
napalm28

Post by napalm28 »

Yet I phoned yesterday and was told and not for the first time that they were unable to access such information and for which I would need to go to Upton Park?My request was how far have you got through the list and where am I at in it? I have never received a e-mail reply either.
If it wasn't for this thread and such like I/we would be totally in the dark so thanks to all for keeping me informed.I joined in mid June which is indicated previously in this thread is where they are at right now.The damn phone never leaves my hand these days!
OX4-Irons

Post by OX4-Irons »

Anyone know where they are up to on list? Joined 2nd July 2015 very hopeful now the increased capacity :scarfer:
carl252

Post by carl252 »

you should be ok I think they finished the 54k at mid or early june
loppykev

Post by loppykev »

carl252 wrote:you should be ok I think they finished the 54k at mid or early june
How many tickets have been/will be allocated to season tickets?

It seems... " anyone who does not get an appointment for the 2016/17 season will be automatically transferred onto a Season Ticket waiting list and allocated a ticket as soon as one becomes available to them. In addition, they will have priority to purchase Membership, which is likely to be the only way to secure match tickets for the 2016/17 season, as well as other exclusive benefits.

So how many tickets are likely to be available and to how many Academy members?
napalm28

Post by napalm28 »

Got the call today.Appointment on April 4.I joined June 22.The catch if you are not yet aware is the new allocation being sold as a two season option therefore double the cost of that which you may have budgeted for.
Can't say as I care too much as to whether this will be deemed outrageous or not but at this price and I guess a price freeze on the following seasons purchase still makes for a great deal.Having stressed for months over this and anticipating a twist of some sort if I were to sneak in I really don't have the mental energy to be bothered.Just glad to be a part of it.
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

From the WHU website New Stadium capacity increase FAQs
At this stage, it seems unlikely that supporters who joined the Priority List in 2016 will be successful in securing a 2016/17 Season Ticket.
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

oggy1310 wrote:The person who called me back yesterday said that I probably wouldn't get anything this year but I would get an option to buy in 2017-2018!
"Option to buy" is a dodgy way forward. The availability will be totally dependant on who renews next summer, which could be any number from zero up!