Season ticket uncertainty

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 260 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Season ticket uncertainty

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum- it seemed like a better fit as it regards the OS rather than general day to day club stuff.

I'm strongly considering getting a season ticket for next year - I live in Plymouth and have traveled up for about 5-10 games a season the last few years... So far this year I've spent a small fortune once I factor everything in, and obviously I haven't been able to get tickets so readily this season, so I'm figuring a Band 5 ST would be a good way to offset the expense of travelling. Here's my reservations;

The View - is it going to be horrendous? On the whole I'm not that fussed, but I'd rather not buy a ST and then hate where I'm sat!

Leaving an Empty Seat/Giving My Ticket Away - I won't be able to make every match as I'm self employed and usually work Saturdays, so I'd still only be able to manage around 10 matches max anyway, so if I get a season ticket am I able to 'give' it to someone else (I'm thinking members of this forum specifically) easily enough? The last thing I want is to potentially deprive someone else of an affordable ticket and leave an empty seat.

Should I perhaps go to a few matches at the OS first and decide after? Are there even Band 5 tickets left!?

Apologies for the essay too, I can waffle on...
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Re: Season ticket uncertainty

Post by War Pony »

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the stadium is almost sold out. Join the waiting/priority list behind 10k others mate (feel free to correct me on the amount in that list)
the bubble hammer
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by the bubble hammer »

In all honesty mate, if you haven't yet joined the waiting list I shouldn't worry too much about who you can and can't give it away to. I would suggest you haven't got a chance of getting one for next season. The second season in I would say you have a fair chance
fredjstanley

Post by fredjstanley »

War Pony wrote:Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the stadium is almost sold out. Join the waiting/priority list behind 10k others mate (feel free to correct me on the amount in that list)
Was told 35k at my appointment on Monday
War Pony
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 86 likes

Post by War Pony »

Uppereastside on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Just back from my apt, easy and quick , quite pleased with the view, said they had around 2,000 left if I recall. Said something like 40k on the waiting list.
All very professional and helpful, all in all impressed.
919er

Post by 919er »

40,000 on waiting list? That means together with those sold 100,000 fans want tickets .... and certain factions said we'd never fill it.
simonpaulthomas
Has liked: 260 likes
Total likes: 224 likes

Post by simonpaulthomas »

Well, that's me told them I guess! :lol:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

We will sell out, but I would not read too much into the 40,000 waiting list. This figure will include a lot of people that have taken out memberships to be able to enter the ballot for the last two games at the Boleyn.

There is no way we have 90,000 people wanting a season ticket.
upton o'good
Has liked: 7 likes
Total likes: 120 likes

Post by upton o'good »

Sweeney Bod wrote:We will sell out, but I would not read too much into the 40,000 waiting list. This figure will include a lot of people that have taken out memberships to be able to enter the ballot for the last two games at the Boleyn.

Quite a few of them multi applying touts...
Hammerite

Post by Hammerite »

simonpaulthomas wrote:Firstly, sorry if this is in the wrong forum- it seemed like a better fit as it regards the OS rather than general day to day club stuff.

I'm strongly considering getting a season ticket for next year - I live in Plymouth and have traveled up for about 5-10 games a season the last few years... So far this year I've spent a small fortune once I factor everything in, and obviously I haven't been able to get tickets so readily this season, so I'm figuring a Band 5 ST would be a good way to offset the expense of travelling. Here's my reservations;

The View - is it going to be horrendous? On the whole I'm not that fussed, but I'd rather not buy a ST and then hate where I'm sat!

Leaving an Empty Seat/Giving My Ticket Away - I won't be able to make every match as I'm self employed and usually work Saturdays, so I'd still only be able to manage around 10 matches max anyway, so if I get a season ticket am I able to 'give' it to someone else (I'm thinking members of this forum specifically) easily enough? The last thing I want is to potentially deprive someone else of an affordable ticket and leave an empty seat.

Should I perhaps go to a few matches at the OS first and decide after? Are there even Band 5 tickets left!?

Apologies for the essay too, I can waffle on...
If you don't get yourself sorted then feel free to PM me next season, I sit amongst a group of fans numbering about 50 that migrated across as a block...so there should be a spare or two for most games in amongst that lot.
mcan
Has liked: 187 likes
Total likes: 105 likes

Post by mcan »

Sweeney Bod wrote:We will sell out, but I would not read too much into the 40,000 waiting list. This figure will include a lot of people that have taken out memberships to be able to enter the ballot for the last two games at the Boleyn.

Correct, I know a few who bought memberships this year to give them chance of tickets this season but will certainly not be buying ST.

Any idea of how many ST have, or expected to be sold, for next year (excluding the mythical waiting list)?
arlhe
Has liked: 230 likes
Total likes: 176 likes

Post by arlhe »

Well, according to the posts on this thread in the last two pages, we will have sold about 48,000. The 30,000- 40,000 are people who have paid £10.00 to go on a waiting list and we are currently working through those who applied last July.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the remaining additional 6,000 tickets offered in May.
sendô
Location: rubbing my eyes in disbelief - we've won a European trophy!
Has liked: 2406 likes
Total likes: 2614 likes

Post by sendô »

I'm on the list, no idea where but I'm not confident of getting a chance at a ST for next season.
Westbourne Bill
Has liked: 128 likes
Total likes: 329 likes

Post by Westbourne Bill »

Im sure there will tens of thousands of spare seats for cup games that are obviously not included in STs. Also after year one Im sure many of the £99 kids STs will not be renewed by fans who didnt actually end up making much use of them.
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

arlhe wrote:Well, according to the posts on this thread in the last two pages, we will have sold about 48,000. The 30,000- 40,000 are people who have paid £10.00 to go on a waiting list and we are currently working through those who applied last July.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the remaining additional 6,000 tickets offered in May.
The salesman at my appointment last week said we had sold 45,000 regular tickets and 3,000 corporate which confirms your figure of 48,000. He also said there were around 2,000 tickets left. I believe 50,000 is the maximum number of season tickets they can sell when you factor in away support, the commitment to Newham and match day sales.
Staffordiron

Post by Staffordiron »

I've given up hope now. I applied on the sixth of August but can't believe that I will fall into the 2000 left.

Hope it will be easy enough to get tickets as a member next year
sicknote
Plumbing the depths
Has liked: 99 likes
Total likes: 154 likes

Post by sicknote »

Even when we get to finals (rare) semi finals and huge games, our club gets tickets returned,

There's thousands upon thousands of plus ones and twos and kids tickets with z securing deposit only one, I know people who only did this because it was offered to them and was cheap as chips, if when push comes to shove and the rest of the monies are demanded to secure those extras but those people don't have the funds these tickets will not only become available but be offered to those waiting, they may even be offered as single tickets to single seat ticket holders in **** band 4 or 5 that expressed displeasure at not having an ability to get a 1 2 or 3 band or corporate ticket

That will open up tickets

Trust me there will be tickets to fulfill the real demand
goof

Post by goof »

just out of interest what will be left over for general sale at the OS
Staffordiron

Post by Staffordiron »

goof wrote:just out of interest what will be left over for general sale at the OS
I spoke to the reservation centre and the chap I spoke to said 4000. He appeared to revel in telling me that there was bob hope of getting a season ticket this year and getting a match ticket as a member next year would be a nightmare

Feeling pretty dismayed by the whole thing but as was said above, hope there's a chance that a lot of plus ones and kids seats were impulse buys

Even more frustrating when in the last month alone I've heard from an Arsenal taxi driver that he and seven of his gooner mates have all got tickets, a family of Liverpool supporters I know have all got tickets and some prick from work got one just to make money on it.
Adie64
Has liked: 466 likes

Post by Adie64 »

^^^ I was able to get a Season ticket along with my Dad, Brother & his young Son. I won't be happy if there's non West Ham Supporters around me not cheering us on.
There really should have been people with a history of ticket purchasing that were able to get Season Tickets 1st, so unfair on people like you StaffordIron. :x