Season ticket uncertainty

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

Alfiehammer

Re: Season ticket uncertainty

Post by Alfiehammer »

I spoke to the reservation centre and the chap I spoke to said 4000. He appeared to revel in telling me that there was bob hope of getting a season ticket this year and getting a match ticket as a member next year would be a nightmare

Feeling pretty dismayed by the whole thing but as was said above, hope there's a chance that a lot of plus ones and kids seats were impulse buys

Even more frustrating when in the last month alone I've heard from an Arsenal taxi driver that he and seven of his gooner mates have all got tickets, a family of Liverpool supporters I know have all got tickets and some prick from work got one just to make money on it.[/quote]

Sickening if true. Be so sad to be sitting in the OS around people unable to sing bubbles or coming up with pleasentries like "that number 27 isn't half good...check the program out and see who it is. Bloody wenger should have signed him"
cadiz_hammer
Has liked: 1148 likes
Total likes: 124 likes

Post by cadiz_hammer »

arlhe wrote:Well, according to the posts on this thread in the last two pages, we will have sold about 48,000. The 30,000- 40,000 are people who have paid £10.00 to go on a waiting list and we are currently working through those who applied last July.

I wouldn't be surprised to see the remaining additional 6,000 tickets offered in May.
Wish I understood the 'those who applied last July' bit. I've been an Academy Member for 5 years and was informed in November that my Member's Priority Application was now being processed. I understand STs and Bond Holders being in front of Members in the queue, but surely non-members can't have applied before me, can they?
bobd_uk
Has liked: 2 likes
Total likes: 75 likes

Post by bobd_uk »

cadiz_hammer wrote:Wish I understood the 'those who applied last July' bit. I've been an Academy Member for 5 years and was informed in November that my Member's Priority Application was now being processed. I understand STs and Bond Holders being in front of Members in the queue, but surely non-members can't have applied before me, can they?
I don't think that membership made any difference to joining the list - they opened it to everyone at the same time.
oggy1310

Post by oggy1310 »

I've emailed the reservations centre - reservationcentre@westhamunited.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to find out where I am on the waiting list.

I’m an Academy Member - taking out membership on 29th October 2015.

I also have a season ticket registration - with a Registration Id dated 15/8/2015.
(This is visible when I go to this page and login :- https://reservations.whufc.com/extranet/registrations" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;)

I don't know how this worked as I didn't pay a tenner. I did have a season ticket last year so it might have something to do with that. I've thought that this was my 'date' - it didn't reach August I believe so that was irrelevant. I wonder where it got up to in the end.

I'm wondering how membership will work this year - and how many tickets will be available and also what prices we'll be looking at. I suspect a lot are wondering that.

I'm fairly relaxed - I'm sure there will be plenty of tickets available - and the ones for members and General look like being behind one of the goals - if you can get one!
Johnny Byrne's Boots
Has liked: 1780 likes
Total likes: 2058 likes

Post by Johnny Byrne's Boots »

oggy1310

Post by oggy1310 »

Johnny Byrne's Boots wrote:Image
Fair play to them. Knowing my luck my turn to buy a season ticket will coincide with the end of the bilic era and the start of the second allardyce one.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

What the hell is the use of having a membership now?

I wouldn't get a ST anyway but seeing members lose out on it because those that buy one have the option to get another 2 or so for non-members is a bit of a joke...
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

Antwerp_Lad wrote:What the hell is the use of having a membership now?
To get priority for the approx 5000 match day tickets. Hopefully we'll get to 66,000 or more soon and there will be more match day tickets available.
oggy1310

Post by oggy1310 »

Antwerp_Lad wrote:What the hell is the use of having a membership now?

I just joined something which is now called Claret Membership:-

" With a full complement of Season Ticket Holders at our new Stadium, match tickets are going to be high in demand so becoming a Claret Member will be the best way to ensure you can buy match-by-match tickets for the 2016/17 season.

Claret Membership is priced at £39*, whilst Claret Kids, for U16s, is £25* giving you the all-important ticket priority for all West Ham United fixtures plus other great benefits including:
•One week ticket priority
•Access to ticket exchange
•Ticket ballot access
•Reduced booking fees - £1 saving per game
•£5 discount on official away coach travel
•Exclusive retail offers throughout the season
•Gift pack
•£5 off if you join the Season Ticket Waiting List*
•When you buy a Claret Membership, you can add yourself to the Season Ticket Waiting List for an additional £5 (saving £5).

*International members will be charged an extra £5 for delivery.

*If you’re on the Season Ticket Waiting List then you can get £5 off by selecting one of the Priority options".

Just wondering if some people don't pay the balance on their ST for this season and therefore I actually get the chance to buy one whether this is discounted from that price.
Antwerp_Lad
Has liked: 33 likes
Total likes: 39 likes

Post by Antwerp_Lad »

So is that just the name for the academy membership then?
oggy1310

Post by oggy1310 »

yep - looks that way.
kenthammer1984
Has liked: 23 likes
Total likes: 80 likes

Post by kenthammer1984 »

52k season tickets sold, 5 or 6k tickets made available to away fans, leaves very little tickets left over for non-season ticket folk :(
bengeo

Post by bengeo »

kenthammer1984 wrote:5 or 6k tickets made available to away fans
Premier League Away allocation is up to 3k.