New threads in the GD

An archive of news, events and discussion leading up to and post West Ham United's historic move from Upton Park to Stratford in 2016.

Moderators: Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks, Gnome

bristolhammerfc
Has liked: 197 likes
Total likes: 610 likes

New threads in the GD

Post by bristolhammerfc »

As we have moved into the new stadium, we have decide to start new threads regarding the stadium in the GD as we look to wind down this forum.

Please bear with us as we establish the new threads in the GD

:kumb:
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Re: New threads in the GD

Post by Sweeney Bod »

Good idea.

I am smug over the fact that I was the one who proposed the separate Olympic Stadium section all those years ago.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

Sweeney Bod wrote:Good idea
Really? :eh:

Not that my opinion counts but bad idea if you ask me! In my humble a separate OS forum is needed for at least the 1st season while everyone beds in, works other the best areas of the ground, travel routes, pubs, etc, etc!

Covering all this in a general thread would be so bloated it could be almost impossible to follow.
bristolhammerfc

We have mutiple forums that deal with multiple issues such as tickets, travel, etc.

This forum was set up specifically to discuss issues prior to moving in and around the decisions taken politically and by the club in respect of communication around the migration.

Its no longer the 'Olympic Stadium', its West Ham's ground now and as such we have made a decision to incorporate it into the wider footballing discussion.
NorthBank86
Location: Halfway up the North Bank, by the right hand post behind the goal
Has liked: 82 likes

Post by NorthBank86 »

WestHamIFC wrote: Really? :eh:

Not that my opinion counts but bad idea if you ask me! In my humble a separate OS forum is needed for at least the 1st season while everyone beds in, works other the best areas of the ground, travel routes, pubs, etc, etc!

Covering all this in a general thread would be so bloated it could be almost impossible to follow.
Couldn't agree more WHIFC, and if you look at the GD thread your prediction above is already becoming accurate. Like you I'm disappointed the stadium's separate thread wasn't retained until the end of the first season. Moving stadium is once in a lifetime, two lifetimes, it deserves it's own thread for a little longer because of the quantity of material that is being placed there and the ease with which to find the posts.
costa75
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 27 likes

Post by costa75 »

Why not keep it until the club has bedded in? A lot of forum members are going to want to express their thoughts once we move into the place. Why clog up GD?
taffhammer
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by taffhammer »

It was handy keeping everything OS related in one forum, now its like i'm missing out on the latest news.
AlfieG
Has liked: 1 like
Total likes: 4 likes

Post by AlfieG »

taffhammer wrote:It was handy keeping everything OS related in one forum, now its like i'm missing out on the latest news.
Agreed.

It was nice and easy to pop in every day and see what has been added regards the new stadium. :thup:
NorthBank86

Post by NorthBank86 »

5 posts to 1 that would like the OS topic area retained for a while longer, would KUMB consider a review by popular demand? :wink:
Alfiehammer

Post by Alfiehammer »

I joined kumb from another forum due to the excellent sub section on the OS. The reservation centre, pre drinks, walking routes, pic threads etc have been brilliant. Special mention to payet and mash for his diagram and bengo in particular. Personally, I'd prefer keeping the stadium as a sub section with different threads but I'm a newbie and happy with whatever really.

But thanks for the excellent posts which made going to the RC and choosing my seat and much easier decision. And post match pie and pint.
Kitt the car
Has liked: 13 likes
Total likes: 155 likes

Post by Kitt the car »

I too would like to keep the OS sub section - it would make it easier for future threads including those of future events (non WHU) at the stadium.
likemydreams
Has liked: 12 likes
Total likes: 46 likes

Post by likemydreams »

i vote KEEP THE OS FORUM
LOS

Post by LOS »

Ditto.

There have been some excellent posts in this thread, and we haven't even moved yet, so i would anticipate many more. Now it will all be lost and diluted in the GD. Its great to be able to come straight to the dedicated forum.
e10hammer

Post by e10hammer »

Would be best in my opinion to keep all things stadium related to the O.S. Forum, so much easier to find particular topics, I think so many different subjects will get lost in the general forum. There as been some great information posted for a number of years, shame to lose it.
WestHamIFC

Post by WestHamIFC »

NorthBank86 wrote:
Couldn't agree more WHIFC, and if you look at the GD thread your prediction above is already becoming accurate. Like you I'm disappointed the stadium's separate thread wasn't retained until the end of the first season. Moving stadium is once in a lifetime, two lifetimes, it deserves it's own thread for a little longer because of the quantity of material that is being placed there and the ease with which to find the posts.
Sad to see really. The dedicated OS Forum was an excellent, informative and simple to navigate resource that used to make KUMB by far the best place to read on the subject.

By stark contrast, I've just tried following a couple of OS threads on the GD. It's a nightmare! One of them has subjects ranging from Founder's Pins to whether the Stadium will be finished on time to which is the nearest Pie & Mash shop all spliced together.. a mess.

When I was younger there used to be a common saying that sadly seems to be forgotten these days:
  • "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

:(
Whitters
Has liked: 90 likes
Total likes: 71 likes

Post by Whitters »

I vote Remain (in its own forum)
Sweeney Bod
Shirley Temple

Post by Sweeney Bod »

After giving it a chance, I prefer the dedicated forum. Today I wanted to post a link to a video, and found myself searching both GD and OS forums to see if has already be posted.

Perhaps we should keep this forum and maybe rename it something like "Stadium and Ticketing".
sanchoz
Location: Founder of the Carlton Cole Fan Club - Rainham & Guildford Branch
Total likes: 11 likes

Post by sanchoz »

Think this forum should be kept open, for anything so people can post about events not WHU related at the stadium or any further works/planning permissions at the OS
NorthBank86

Post by NorthBank86 »

14 posts to 1 for remain. Wouldn't even need a second referendum for this one.. :thup:
bristolhammerfc

We have discussed this and for ease of moderation and the fact that we will have one stadium to comment on we will gradually move to the GD.

Apologies