Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 134 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fmgod »

Should be a good fight this, another bleeding PPV thank god for Kodi but looking forward to this, should be a good boxing match, not sure how they're going to build it though as both are pretty calm compared in build ups.
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 36 likes

Post by Jumby »

Crolla vs Linares II on Saturday, come on Million Dollar, do what Kev couldn't quite.
Slacking student
Has liked: 6 likes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by Slacking student »

As someone who lives and goes to university in Manchester I'm looking forward to this one. The absolute nightmare is I can't watch it due to seeing this girl I'm seeing on Saturday night. Will be trying to catch updates on the mobile without being too obvious :D
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Can't wait for the Crolla fight, he seems like a top bloke and has improved so much over the last few years.

Linares is a very good fighter so it will take a perfect performance to win it but I believe he can with consistent pressure. Top quality fight not on PPV, love it.
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 82 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

Slacking student wrote:As someone who lives and goes to university in Manchester I'm looking forward to this one. The absolute nightmare is I can't watch it due to seeing this girl I'm seeing on Saturday night. Will be trying to catch updates on the mobile without being too obvious :D
i have a solution - you can watch it round mine and i will take your bird out
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I detest Joe Gallagher, but Crolla for me is as likeable as they come

Unfortunately, Linares is a class above and also brilliant to watch. I think there is a reasonable possiblity of him cruising in this rematch.
Slacking student

Nesticles wrote:I detest Joe Gallagher, but Crolla for me is as likeable as they come

Unfortunately, Linares is a class above and also brilliant to watch. I think there is a reasonable possibility of him cruising in this rematch.
Possibly my favourite fighter out there at the moment, both in the ring and outside of it he is a classy operator. After his defeat to Derry thought he'd struggle to do anything. Apparently getting a paving slab smashed over his head is a way to get ahead.

Nobody try it.... :lol:
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

He seems to learn from defeats, up there with the Selby brothers as one of the most entertaining and smoothest operating British boxers around at the min.
York Ham(mer)
Has liked: 112 likes
Total likes: 149 likes

Post by York Ham(mer) »

Linares was just too good for Crolla.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Gutted. Flanagan for Crolla next I suppose.

Mitchell was beating Linares, I think that's the closest we'll ever get to seeing a Brit beat him.
Romford
Big X

Post by Romford »

Man 10 Man United 2

Just too good & strong...a real class act.

Must say what a very poor crowd there was yesterday...looked like even more of a mugfest than usual. People leaving in the 11th round...and i don't mean a couple.

All this atmosphere cobblers...just a hall full of drunk Mancs acting like divs with a total lack of class.
RyanWHUFC
Total likes: 1 like

Post by RyanWHUFC »

Linares is elite level. Riding the crest of the wave at the mo, needs to get in with Garcia.

Hard to see where Crolla goes, got massively outclassed by the better man. He's a massively likeable boxer, loved the way he carried on after the corner tried to pull him last night.

Flanagan? Campbell?
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Flanagan, an all Manchester affair and two guys who know each other very well, I think it has to happen now. If Crolla loses that it's probably curtains for his career, win it, and if Linares goes up a weight, he can maybe get a belt again and a few defences.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Crolla never had a chance he got outclassed in the first fight, talent will always beat hard work if the talent performs like Linares has done twice against him. Just gutting Kevin Mitchell was never the consummate professional and what he could've been, could of repeatedly sold out Upton Park if he had his head screwed on as he had the talent
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

Easy nights work for Linares, real quality fighter

Tough to see Flanagan and Crolla getting made with promotional differences

Would love to see Garcia v Linares, although I think Garcia would actually smash Linares
Slacking student

Just seen the highlights from Crolla-Linares, Linares definitely one big win from the boxing HoF. As for Crolla as a Manc I'd love to see him fight Flanagan but the money and legacy fight must be Burns. A cash out fight for both of them I'd feel
Slacking student

Also yet another example of the Eubanks being the Eubanks

Calling out Tony Bellew :lol:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/03/ ... ght-bellew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Slacking student wrote:Also yet another example of the Eubanks being the Eubanks

Calling out Tony Bellew :lol:

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/03/ ... ght-bellew" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
He'll be calling out Batman next.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

GGG given 10 days to sign a contract to fight BJS, a fight the division really needs seeing as that pussy Alvarez won't fight the still unbeaten king of the middleweight division.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Dillian Whyte headlining London O2 show June 3rd against a big name, needs to be a bleeding big name as Whyte is bang average