Boxing thread

Want to talk sport? The Forum to discuss all sports not related to the beautiful game.

Moderators: Gnome, last.caress, Wilko1304, Rio, bristolhammerfc, the pink palermo, chalks

fmgod
Has liked: 50 likes
Total likes: 145 likes

Re: Boxing thread

Post by fmgod »

Transferred to the pro ranks quite well, which isn't always the case

Burns tomorrow for the potential to become a three weight world champion, which is amazing as once Warren stopped match making him he looked exposed every fight, Crawford and Beltran destoryed him
Jumby
Has liked: 17 likes
Total likes: 35 likes

Post by Jumby »

Lomachenko is fantastic to watch too, if only Salido would get in the ring with him so he could avenge that dodgy defeat (Salido couldn't make weight)
nickkarkie
Has liked: 67 likes
Total likes: 166 likes

Post by nickkarkie »

Anyone know what Burns' opponent is like, when I watched Burns lately he is usually quite poor and this guy is at odds of 2.75 or higher on some sites. Might be worth a bet
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

nickkarkie wrote:Anyone know what Burns' opponent is like, when I watched Burns lately he is usually quite poor and this guy is at odds of 2.75 or higher on some sites. Might be worth a bet
Bit hard to tell as he has a good record but hasn't really fought anyone

Whose the female presenting the boxing, wow
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

Easy money
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Burns looked as he has done for years bang average, out boxed, out worked, and that was saying something as Idongo looked poor at the same time, Broner, Crawford and the likes would murder him
nickkarkie

Post by nickkarkie »

fmgod wrote:Burns looked as he has done for years bang average, out boxed, out worked, and that was saying something as Idongo looked poor at the same time, Broner, Crawford and the likes would murder him
Very wild puncher but works for every minute of every round and is awkward. Crawford is a level above, broner tends to coast through fights
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Joshua will have to go 12 rounds on Saturday unless he can find a way through what will probably be a very solid Klitschko defence and land some big shots. I hope he does because the Fury gloating has already started.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

If your ever going to be Klit it's now, old as anything, year without a fight. Don't think people realise how good Fury actually is
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

I think Klitschko will put in a solid performance next Saturday and probably his best for three years or so. He underestimated Fury and didn't account for his size but no way would Fury have dominated the division for years with his style, prior to Klitschko he'd fought nobody of real note and once you're the Heavyweight Champion of the World you can no longer get away with fighting Steve Cunningham and Derek Chisora, not when there's the likes of Joshua, Parker, Wilder, the Russian boys and co all waiting for a piece of you. Don't get me wrong, Fury is, or maybe was, a very good boxer, exceptional with the tools he had, but people give Joshua **** for getting wobbled momentarily by Whyte, Fury got put on his backside by Cunningham and Wilder was rocked by Molina.
twixy
Has liked: 1 like

Post by twixy »

Fury's boxing skills are probably the best in the world at the weight. I believe he would have beaten any current heavyweight with the performance he put in against Klitschko.

The AJ fight is intriguing for me. Klitschko has been pretty much unbeatable against static fighters. And the jump up in class is for AJ is quite scary. You can say Fury's resume wasn't great until the Klitschko fight but he had huge Amateur experience, he had been boxing top top fighters for years, AJ's Ams experience is pretty minimal compared.

IMO we will pretty much know who the winner is in the first round. If klitschko finds his jab early it's going to be a very long night for AJ, he hasn't got the movement to get close enough to him to get his shots off. I can see it ending badly for AJ and Eddie Hearn, mid - late stoppage for Klitschko, probably with a left hook which AJ is massively open to.
Nesticles

Post by Nesticles »

I probably dislike Joshua a bit due to all the Sky/Hearn/Matchroom/PPV hype which gets on my nerves. None of which is his fault.

Will be 17 or so months since Klitschko last fought when he steps in with Joshua. I think Joshua is getting him at the right time, and will probably knock him out and send him into retirement.

If Klitschko can make it ugly, clinch and tie Joshua up and drag it into the second half of the fight then it could be the difficult night for Joshua some are predicting. Don't see it myself personally.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Murray vs Rosado, thoughts anyone?

Murray on points.
fmgod

Post by fmgod »

Whyte vs Wach announced, can see Whyte losing that his a brilliant fighter but average boxer, also think it's a bit off he didn't Chisora a rematch after he got a lucky decision
psychoscoredthelot
Has liked: 79 likes
Total likes: 201 likes

Post by psychoscoredthelot »

groves to fight chudinov for the WBA
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Wach and Whyte are about the same, I think Whyte wins though.

Groves will beat Chudinov.
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

Jumby wrote:Murray vs Rosado, thoughts anyone?

Murray on points.
I should have put a tenner on that :fsake:
ironstu

Post by ironstu »

Why is Rosado moaning that he won?

Some shocking judging yet again in the UK on Matchroom events. One judge made it 119-109 to Murray!!
ThreeSixes
Total likes: 5 likes

Post by ThreeSixes »

Jumby wrote: I should have put a tenner on that
Shame you didn't, you would have won £9.09 profit :cry:
Jumby

Post by Jumby »

:lol: